Options

Movies you've been to see more than once at the cinema

Comments

• Options
    Anika HansonAnika Hanson Posts: 15,629
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A very rare thing for me to go to see a film more than once and the few I've seen more than once were not neccesairly my favourites it was only becuase I'd already seen it and then someone else wanted me to go with them and see it.

Titanic
    Spiceworld the movie
    The Hobbit
  • Options
    Eddie BadgerEddie Badger Posts: 6,005
    Forum Member
    2001: A Space Odyssey. I've lost count of the times I've seen it in the cinema. It's a film that has to be seen on a big screen.
  • Options
    GoodLuckCharmGoodLuckCharm Posts: 200
    Forum Member
    Titanic and Ted - both twice

Titanic - took mum to see it as I went with aunt and gran the first time

Ted - saw with OH because we saw a really crap film and so thought a comedy would redeem the cinema visit lol and we thought it was hilarious.
  • Options
    JEFF62JEFF62 Posts: 5,103
    Forum Member
    Probably dozens of films when I was younger. Nearly every James Bond film I have seen at least twice at the cinema. Remember us older ones didnt have video and its successors in the 70's and before. It was either seeing a film at the cinema or waiting at least five years for a tv screening, That was the choice. So many films were reissued on their own or as part of double bills so i used to see a film at the cinema three or four times. Then with arrival of video and the cinema to tv window reducing to three years it got better. Nowadays I rarely see a film at the cinema twice. The last three I saw twice were Avatar, Bridesmaids and Skyfall.
  • Options
    Trsvis_BickleTrsvis_Bickle Posts: 9,202
    Forum Member
    A very rare thing for me to go to see a film more than once and the few I've seen more than once were not neccesairly my favourites it was only becuase I'd already seen it and then someone else wanted me to go with them and see it.

Titanic
    Spiceworld the movie
    The Hobbit

You are a true friend. That sort of self-sacrifice is not seen often outside wartime...
  • Options
    Ancient IDTVAncient IDTV Posts: 10,174
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    2001: A Space Odyssey. I've lost count of the times I've seen it in the cinema. It's a film that has to be seen on a big screen.

I would love to go and see that film at the cinema. It gets better with each re-watch.
  • Options
    treefr0gtreefr0g Posts: 23,659
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I went to see 'Enter the Dragon' 5 times in one week.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I would love to go and see that film at the cinema. It gets better with each re-watch.

You really have to see it on the biggest screen possible - even big tellies don't do it justice. It's really awesome on a cinema screen.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You really have to see it on the biggest screen possible - even big tellies don't do it justice. It's really awesome on a cinema screen.

Oh, I can imagine it been a wonderful experience. Especially if I had the cinema all to myself! Seat right at the front, in the centre of the row. No distractions.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Oh, I can imagine it been a wonderful experience. Especially if I had the cinema all to myself! Seat right at the front, in the centre of the row. No distractions.

That was how I saw it once - in a very quiet cinema right at the front. Then when I went outside it was a clear winter's night with a sky full of stars and a cresent moon. I felt I was still seeing the movie!
  • Options
    JimothyDJimothyD Posts: 8,868
    Forum Member
    Never done it.

I find that when I'm really in to a film, I will wait for it to come out on DVD and watch it (or particularly interesting scenes of it) over and over.

If 'The Room' ever played at a cinema near me, I expect that I may see that more than once at the cinema because that's the only way that 'film' should be viewed. Hurling some plastic cutlery at my TV at home, alone wouldn't have the same fun factor, I suspect.
  • Options
    JimothyDJimothyD Posts: 8,868
    Forum Member

Titanic
    Spiceworld the movie
    The Hobbit

I'd rather lose the friendship than go and watch The Hobbit again.
  • Options
    JCRJCR Posts: 24,076
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JimothyD wrote: »
    Never done it.

I find that when I'm really in to a film, I will wait for it to come out on DVD and watch it (or particularly interesting scenes of it) over and over.

If 'The Room' ever played at a cinema near me, I expect that I may see that more than once at the cinema because that's the only way that 'film' should be viewed. Hurling some plastic cutlery at my TV at home, alone wouldn't have the same fun factor, I suspect.

I suppose The Room might be better in a cinema if you know the film already, as you can't hear the dialogue most of the time from people screaming at it. I've been at a screening where rugby balls were being chucked about as well.

Sit down the front. ;)

I paid $50.36 (£32.49) with postage for the blu-ray on the day of it's release from USA amazon, and I don't regret it.
  • Options
    TakaeTakae Posts: 13,555
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    JCR wrote: »
    I paid $50.36 (£32.49) with postage for the blu-ray on the day of its release from USA amazon, and I don't regret it.

I am speechless. I truly am.
  • Options
    JCRJCR Posts: 24,076
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's The Room! In high definition!

The first time I saw it I thought 'this is one of my favourite films ever' and it still might be. Saying it's a bad film is missing the point. It is more entertaining than every hollywood blockbuster of the last 5 years, easily.

If you ever get to see a midnight screening of The Room, you must go.
  • Options
    Olls~Olls~ Posts: 3,587
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Don't usually go more than once, but I saw Les Miserables 3 times. I just had too. Amazing film.
  • Options
    Ella NutElla Nut Posts: 9,023
    Forum Member
    Grease - the only film I went to see twice, just because I loved it that much.

Terminator 2 - not exactly through choice, with different groups - but I didn't mind.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ella Nut wrote: »
    Grease - the only film I went to see twice, just because I loved it that much.

Terminator 2 - not exactly through choice, with different groups - but I didn't mind.

Terminator 2, 1991........ Scary how time flies. I clearly recall leaving the cinema after that one and hearing a fellow cinema-goer remark, 'How can they improve on that?'
  • Options
    Trsvis_BickleTrsvis_Bickle Posts: 9,202
    Forum Member
    Terminator 2, 1991........ Scary how time flies. I clearly recall leaving the cinema after that one and hearing a fellow cinema-goer remark, 'How can they improve on that?'

I assume you pointed him in the direction of the vastly superior first one, The Terminator?:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 121
    Forum Member
    I've never seen a film more than twice, but these are the ones I can remember seeing twice:

Lassie
    Toy Story 3
    Despicable Me 2
    Gulliver's Travels
    Pirates 4
    Cave of Forgotten Dreams
    Kung Fu Panda 2
    Cars 2
    The Artist
    Paranorman
    Madagascar 3
    Argo
    The World's End
  • Options
    Mr.LavigneMr.Lavigne Posts: 923
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    All the Harry's at least twice.

TLOTR : Fellowship and Two Towers three times, and ROTK twice.

Cloverfield, twice. Iron Man 3 twice. The Avengers twice.
  • Options
    RebelScumRebelScum Posts: 16,008
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mr.Lavigne wrote: »
    All the Harry's at least twice..

Dirty Harry?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 187
    Forum Member
    Spiderman 2 - twice
    The Ring - twice
    Pirates of the Caribbean Curse of the Black Pearl - twice
    Return of the King - three times
    Les Miserables - three times
  • Options
    treefr0gtreefr0g Posts: 23,659
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Went to see the first showing of 'Alien' on the day of release.

Loved it so much that I went back that evening to watch it again.
  • Options
    Andy BirkenheadAndy Birkenhead Posts: 13,450
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Deleted - mis-read the thread title ! :D