CS - Michelle and Maria

teagenieteagenie Posts: 146
Forum Member
I gave up watching for too long, I've gotten up to speed with story lines but don't know how Michelle and Maria are connected?

Was confused when Michelle's dad called Liam his grandson.....

Can someone fill me in? Thanks

Comments

• Green ThingGreen Thing Posts: 1,885
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maria had the the baby with Michelle's brother
  • summer_stesummer_ste Posts: 5,524
    Forum Member
    Michelle and Maria don't have a huge amount to do with each other onscreen though.
  • Alex250PAlex250P Posts: 1,474
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maria married Michelle's brother Liam, then Liam was murdered whilst Maria was pregnant. She then had little Liam!
  • OldnjadedOldnjaded Posts: 89,126
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    summer_ste wrote: »
    Michelle and Maria don't have a huge amount to do with each other onscreen though.

Which makes absolutely no sense considering they are sisters-in-law living on the same street. :confused:
  • teagenieteagenie Posts: 146
    Forum Member
    Ah I see. Thankyou all for replying.

I'd never seen anything that made me think they had anything in common - don't think Michelle has ever mentioned her "nephew" since I've been re watching.

Typical Corrie!

Thanks.
  • BelligerenceBelligerence Posts: 40,613
    Forum Member
    Oldnjaded wrote: »
    Which makes absolutely no sense considering they are sisters-in-law living on the same street. :confused:
    Something I touched on the SOR thread. Both hardly have scenes together which is odd.

Why would Maria text Michelle about Liam being ill? Are we meant to believe they only contact each other on texting terms?
  • OldnjadedOldnjaded Posts: 89,126
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Something I touched on the SOR thread. Both hardly have scenes together which is odd.

Why would Maria text Michelle about Liam being ill? Are we meant to believe they only contact each other on texting terms?

'Tis very strange. :rolleyes::D:D

(Although perhaps we should be grateful that the writers remembered the connection long enough to have Maria text Auntie Michelle at all).:rolleyes:
  • Stupid_HeadStupid_Head Posts: 37,826
    Forum Member
    Remember when Maria and Carla were close after everything they went through together? Only for Michelle to return and muscle in, now they are never together.
  • Dr K NoisewaterDr K Noisewater Posts: 11,587
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes Michelle doesn't have any time for her brothers widow and the mother of her nephew yet she's very pally with Carla - the woman who Liam had an affair with. Ironically, up until her dad showed up last night, the only blood relative that Michelle has living locally is little Liam Jnr - as even Ryan isnt blood related to her remember.
  • CreamteaCreamtea Posts: 14,682
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Remember when Maria and Carla were close after everything they went through together? Only for Michelle to return and muscle in, now they are never together.

That p!ssed me off big time. It was because Lomas/Ryder/Marsh (or whatever she calls herself these days) had to have time off, so Maria was drafted into that storyline to replace Michelle, which never worked because the two characters (Maria & Carla) couldn't stand each other, and then when Michelle returned Maria was cast out of the end of the storyline and Carla and Maria haven't spoken to each other since! :D
  • KeibroKeibro Posts: 2,728
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's funny that, we never see Michelle interact with her nephew.
  • Maria_RobinsonMaria_Robinson Posts: 3,004
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dont which is the most pointless character out the two of them Michelle or Maria just kept on because of their looks and been given their cards months ago if they were munters.
  • Beautiful_HarvBeautiful_Harv Posts: 9,144
    Forum Member
    Creamtea wrote: »
    That p!ssed me off big time. It was because Lomas/Ryder/Marsh (or whatever she calls herself these days) had to have time off, so Maria was drafted into that storyline to replace Michelle, which never worked because the two characters (Maria & Carla) couldn't stand each other, and then when Michelle returned Maria was cast out of the end of the storyline and Carla and Maria haven't spoken to each other since! :D

To be fair, Maria probably bored Carla to death
  • avon942avon942 Posts: 18,831
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    To be fair, Maria probably bored Carla to death

Why is Carla Dead?:confused:

The Maria and Carla Scenes after Carla's rape were really good, it shows onscreen how well the actresses get on off screen.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Creamtea wrote: »

Kym Lomas annd she had to have time off when her son died.:(

As Carla and Maria had made up sometime before Carla was raped, i think the storyline worked well especially how Frank tried to rape Maria first.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,460
    Forum Member
    The Carla and Maria scenes were great IMO and worked better than it would have with Michelle, when Michelle said Maria had text earlier about Liam it did sound very contrived.
  • vaslav37vaslav37 Posts: 69,485
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Maria is such a deadwood character- Axe her...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,460
    Forum Member
    I'm sure she will be back on our screens more if the rumoured Todd and Marcus storyline is true.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    vaslav37 wrote: »
    Maria is such a deadwood character- Axe her...

No she's not.:)
  • thismorningfanthismorningfan Posts: 1,357
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Maria hardly has any scenes with anyone, she's really underused. :rolleyes::rolleyes:
  • SteveOwenSteveOwen Posts: 30,430
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd completely forgotten that Liam was Michelle's nephew until last night's eps.
  • HotgossipHotgossip Posts: 22,385
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    teagenie wrote: »
    I gave up watching for too long, I've gotten up to speed with story lines but don't know how Michelle and Maria are connected?

Was confused when Michelle's dad called Liam his grandson.....

Can someone fill me in? Thanks

Thanks for asking this. I was just about to ask the same.:D