World Wrestling Entertainment Discussion XX (Spoilers)

Comments

• Hollie_LouiseHollie_Louise Posts: 39,987
    Forum Member
    I got the network today so I'm hoping to catch Zayn vs Cesaro tonight
  • circlebro2019circlebro2019 Posts: 17,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    now we know they hug whats the point.

spoilers should be tagggggggggggggged.
  • tim18tim18 Posts: 737
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That paige vs emma match wasnt that amazing? Dont get the hype, although it was better than every wwe diva match over the past year
  • cris182cris182 Posts: 9,595
    Forum Member
    whedon247 wrote: »
    now we know they hug whats the point.

spoilers should be tagggggggggggggged.

Is it a spoiler if it has been shown though? Surely the thread is a live pace thread, If you know you couldn't watch it live then surely you avoid the thread until you see something
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 765
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    tim18 wrote: »
    That paige vs emma match wasnt that amazing? Dont get the hype, although it was better than every wwe diva match over the past year

I thought it was okay, but I've see them both in better matches.

Adrian Neville Vs Bo Dallas was awesome.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    cris182 wrote: »
    Is it a spoiler if it has been shown though? Surely the thread is a live pace thread, If you know you couldn't watch it live then surely you avoid the thread until you see something

no idea if it has to be televised in uk first or not mate, not sure how this thread works.

to be honest i was only joshing around, although the hug bit would have been better unspoiled for me personally.

im not big into NxT so its not a biggie.
  • seibuseibu Posts: 977
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'll say one positive thing about Monday: By beginning to actually acknowledge the boos for Batista they're heading in the right direction. It's not about turning him "heel", it's about giving him a persona that resonates in reality. That will help to get people invested in an Orton / Batista match, beyond simply hoping that it doesn't happen.

I suspect it wont work, and here's why: Fans aren't booing Batista as such. They're booing the fact that he will headline Wrestlemania. They're booing the entire creative direction. I don't know if that is actually fixable without changing the problem at source; i.e. cancelling or modifying the match. It might be. I'll be impressed if they manage it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,544
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cris182 wrote: »

The thread has the word SPOILER in the title if people choose to ignore it and read the thread they don't have the right to bitch it was spoiled as warnings are there there are spoilers in here
  • PandaPawPawPandaPawPaw Posts: 7,340
    Forum Member
    I'm booing Batista because he comes across as a right bellend of epic proportions. Also the fact he's just plain dull doesn't help.

He just looks so tired when wrestling plus his wrinkly head and terrible fashion sense make him look like an even bigger ****.

I also didn't like his recent tweet about fans booing him. What an idiot.

In other words I don't like him. :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The thread has the word SPOILER in the title if people choose to ignore it and read the thread they don't have the right to bitch it was spoiled as warnings are there there are spoilers in here

like i said i was only jokin and not bitching.

but to reply to ya post, should we now stop de tagging smackdown spoilers? im genuinely curious to the rules thats all.
    Forum Member
    I think if it has been shown, There is no need to hide it. Smackdown is different because it is not shown until a friday in both uk and us. Where as NXT last night was accessible by people.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,660
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm done with arguing about this, tbh. Obviously our opinions differ. People agree with his choice and yet don't actually know what his reasons truly were.

On another note, I just got done with the NXT ArRIVAL PPV. Overall, it was pretty impressive.

I accept your concession of defeat. No point arguing when you are misusing the definitions of words, that's one to take up with Oxford's dictionary staff really.

He made his discontent clear at Wizard World Portland. So, his reasons are known if you bother to know them. Colt Cabana has been pretty clear Punk wasn't happy with where he was going, hence going home. He wasn't going to main event and neither was Daniel Bryan. He decided rather than profit and involve himself in a company and product he no longer wanted to endorse or associate with, he'd go home.

So, reasons seem pretty clear to me.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 507
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    no there shouldnt b spoilers clue is in the word it spoils for pple i hope raw gets ruined by chants n pple like batista cena n orton get booed n stuff show mccrap u dont want them af the top anymore we want fresh like punk n bryan runnin the top now so yeh i hope chicago crowd chant punk all night that will learn em n i hope viscera wife exposes wwe for wat they done to pple forcin em to take steroids n then they die shows wat a good business mccrap rele is
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,660
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tim18 wrote: »

I enjoyed Paige vs Natalya more.
  • Rotsea RoverRotsea Rover Posts: 1,954
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think the chanting for Punk are more because people are becoming completely disillusioned with a company who doesn't care about their fans so they are retaliating by chanting for someone who isn't there
    As for the Bryan chants it's ridiculous to state that fans will turn on him if he wins the title. He is never going to be a top guy who dominates everything anyway but giving him the title would have given WWE a WM30 moment like the Benoit/Guerrero moment at WM20.
    As for people saying that the 'yes' chant and Bryan's character is boring, well it's only been going for less than a year. Cena has had the same boring character for more than 5 years.
    Forum Member
    no there shouldnt b spoilers clue is in the word it spoils for pple i hope raw gets ruined by chants n pple like batista cena n orton get booed n stuff show mccrap u dont want them af the top anymore we want fresh like punk n bryan runnin the top now so yeh i hope chicago crowd chant punk all night that will learn em n i hope viscera wife exposes wwe for wat they done to pple forcin em to take steroids n then they die shows wat a good business mccrap rele is

Almost unreadable
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 765
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I accept your concession of defeat. No point arguing when you are misusing the definitions of words, that's one to take up with Oxford's dictionary staff really.

He made his discontent clear at Wizard World Portland. So, his reasons are known if you bother to know them. Colt Cabana has been pretty clear Punk wasn't happy with where he was going, hence going home. He wasn't going to main event and neither was Daniel Bryan. He decided rather than profit and involve himself in a company and product he no longer wanted to endorse or associate with, he'd go home.

So, reasons seem pretty clear to me.

If you want to be a child and be all 'I'm winning this argument LOLZ', then be my guest. I'm not trying to win an argument, I'm stating an opinion. I don't agree with using his name as a call for change, you clearly do. That's fine. You don't need to be consistently pompous about everything- but I guess it can't be helped.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think the chanting for Punk are more because people are becoming completely disillusioned with a company who doesn't care about their fans so they are retaliating by chanting for someone who isn't there
    As for the Bryan chants it's ridiculous to state that fans will turn on him if he wins the title. He is never going to be a top guy who dominates everything anyway but giving him the title would have given WWE a WM30 moment like the Benoit/Guerrero moment at WM20.
    As for people saying that the 'yes' chant and Bryan's character is boring, well it's only been going for less than a year. Cena has had the same boring character for more than 5 years.

luckily the majority agree with you.
    Forum Member

Yep I agree, Cena's character is crap and stale and boring. Bryan's is just as annoying to me as Cena's but anybody playing underdog would be boring to me.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yep I agree, Cena's character is crap and stale and boring. Bryan's is just as annoying to me as Cena's but anybody playing underdog would be boring to me.

I think that's where we differ. I'm kind of a sucker for a proper underdog story. I was invested when Mysterio won the Rumble and then the title at WM and I felt the same for Bryan.
    I don't like Cena playing the underdog because it's just poor writing because someone who has won as much as him should never be considered an underdog
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think that's where we differ. I'm kind of a sucker for a proper underdog story. I was invested when Mysterio won the Rumble and then the title at WM and I felt the same for Bryan.
    I don't like Cena playing the underdog because it's just poor writing because someone who has won as much as him should never be considered an underdog

you show a scary amount of common sense.
    Forum Member

Yep it's just a difference of opinion. For some reason, I've never liked the underdog thing on anybody because it's a storyline, in my opinion, for when you don't know what to do with someone. And I think Bryan's underdog storyline has been terrible, but I put that at Vince's door as head of creative not Bryan's. I loved Mysterio in the ring, i love Bryan in the ring, it's the characters they are portraying I don't like. Cena's character is boring as hell, it needed changing a long time ago, but I've never defended his character either.

Contrary to popular belief here, I do respect other people's opinions, I just like giving my opinions. Whedon doesn't like me and thinks I'm a bully, I still respect his opinions even though I don't agree with them personally.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,123
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

In English with grammar and correct spelling please.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yep it's just a difference of opinion. For some reason, I've never liked the underdog thing on anybody because it's a storyline, in my opinion, for when you don't know what to do with someone. And I think Bryan's underdog storyline has been terrible, but I put that at Vince's door as head of creative not Bryan's. I loved Mysterio in the ring, i love Bryan in the ring, it's the characters they are portraying I don't like. Cena's character is boring as hell, it needed changing a long time ago, but I've never defended his character either.

Contrary to popular belief here, I do respect other people's opinions, I just like giving my opinions. Whedon doesn't like me and thinks I'm a bully, I still respect his opinions even though I don't agree with them personally.

i dont dislike you, just disagree with alot of what you say, i disagree with 99% of this forum for crying out loud, anyone who dislikes vince russo loses my respect somewhat. that probably sounds harsh but its the truth, i take everyones opinion on here with pinch of salt if they have ever dissed russo, you guys probably do same with me. were just not on same wavelengths.

how can a underdog storyline be for when you dont know what do with someone? bryans storyline has evolved ever since sheamus kicked him out in 18 seconds three years ago. the bryan chants during mania and the next night on raw got him more TV time than ever,but still they didnt elevate him to main event, in stead he went into tag division and ripped it up in team hell no and became even more popular with fans.

and since they went seperate ways its been a quest for the title in a company that clearly has not been 100% confident in letting him be champ, but thats changing hence this current storyline.

the storyline will end with bryan on top, its been a journey, art immtiating life.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I like real life underdog stories. Like I will always cheer for the underdog in real sports. Remember the Titans is actually one of my favourite films :blush:

Also whenever I talk about someone in WWE i'm always referring to their character because It's like a soap I don't care about the lives of the actors

For the record I don't think you're a bully
This discussion has been closed.