Options

Oscar Pistorius Trial (Merged)

Comments

• Options
    baccybaccy Posts: 219
    Forum Member
    Straker wrote: »
    You missed all the other sobbing and puking then?

Look, I domt have to explain myself to you, I do t have to justify anything I say..but I will answer you, because you might throw your toys out of the pram if I dont.

No I didnt miss all the other sobbing and puking. It didnt bother me as much as todays session did. Today bothered me, end of. Get back to me if this answer doesnt suffice and I will try to do better. Im out for the next few hours though, so if you feel the need to flex your muscles again you will have to wait for a reply.:)
  • Options
    domedome Posts: 55,878
    Forum Member
    Judge needs to take a firm line says SA Legal Pundit on Sky.
  • Options
    sammyvinesammyvine Posts: 3,015
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Who's forgotten about them? They're sat in court and the camera is often on them.

well of course it would be

her daughter is dead/
  • Options
    StrakerStraker Posts: 79,654
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not at all. I just don't agree with this kind of highly public, sensationalist hounding. I watched it - briefly - and felt like a complete intruder. This should be done behind closed doors, not for all of us to drool over. It's medieval and gross.

And by implication anyone who watches it is "medieval and gross" according to you? Duly noted. Moving on....
  • Options
    benjaminibenjamini Posts: 32,066
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dome wrote: »
    Legal pundit saying the Judge will have to at some point take responsibility for this trial to be carried out.

Just listening to him saying judge needs to pull this case into line and get on with it.
  • Options
    barrbarrellabarrbarrella Posts: 3,601
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sandy50 wrote: »
    Alex Crawford says he looked composed leaving Courtroom after couple of minutes ago where he couldn't carry on

Wonder if the Judge will take serious consideration against Oscar for those court breaks when they were called for by Roux and at the points in his testimony which were crucial

Nel has to put his foot down and get this guy to carry on and get it together and stay on that Stand for god's sake, all this trial is being done to Oscar's favour and to HELP him prepare each day - he's the murderer here.

He has just walked out with his Minders, cousins, whatever, looking perfectly normal nbut apparently a "bit white"..which was true.... he was not crying looked normal I watched it
    roux is running the show... disgusting
  • Options
    Forum Member
    benjamini wrote: »
    Just listening to him saying judge needs to pull this case into line and get on with it.

He's right.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    baccy wrote: »
    Look, I domt have to explain myself to you, I do t have to justify anything I say..but I will answer you, because you might throw your toys out of the pram if I dont.

No I didnt miss all the other sobbing and puking. It didnt bother me as much as todays session did. Today bothered me, end of. Get back to me if this answer doesnt suffice and I will try to do better. Im out for the next few hours though, so if you feel the need to flex your muscles again you will have to wait for a reply.:)

We geddit. You feel for a self-confessed killer sobbing on the stand becuase he`s weeks away from jail. I understand, I really do.....
  • Options
    franciefrancie Posts: 31,089
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    baccy wrote: »
    Harrowing stuff. Disturbing to hear a grown man so emotionally wrecked:(

Whether he is lying or not, he is clearly traumatised and broken. Anyone who can sneer at that has no heart.

Im NOT an OP supporter, Im NOT a silly fan blinded by his fame blah blah blah, which is often bandied about on here. Im a 38 year old man whose not in any way "soft". So if anyone wants to take umbrage with me because I found that disturbing and sad, bring it on.

People like me who dont automatically shout " GUILTY" are often blasted on here as being blinded...but in my eyes its those of you baying for OPs blood who are coming across as the blind ones, heartless and blinkered.
    He might be guilty, he might not, but he is a human being.
    I feel sadness for Reevas family, that was a terrible ordeal for them and they have acted with dignity. I feel sadness for OPs family having to watch their family member suffer. And I feel bad for ANYONE being in the distress OP was in then.

A harrowing, disturbing, upsetting and traumatic court session for ALL involved. Flame me all you like, none of you have any impact on my thoughts and Im not ashamed to feel bad for him today. Those of you who dont have more need to feel shame than I do.

I'm no OP fan either but must admit the sobs at the end were very hard to hear. I should imagine the sobs from Reeva's family were just as harrowing and if I feel for anyone's distress it's theirs.
  • Options
    sandy50sandy50 Posts: 22,043
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    vald wrote: »
    Yes, this is what's really upsetting. We were hearing about the last moments of Reeva's life, but it became all about Oscar...how he felt, his tears and his wet T shirt. Me me me me Oscar.

they're saying on Sky that the Judge has to take control of this trial - it's all about Roux's wishes for his client, the murderer on trial - there's lots to get through - and Nel should have put his objection in - he could have been told to get himself together YOURE ON TRIAL HERE MATE FOR MURDER and get on with it, rubbish, 1/2 hr after lunch break and it STOPS, it's wasting my time too you know. and yours on here, get on with it, I have a life
  • Options
    BellaRosaBellaRosa Posts: 36,549
    Forum Member
    Judge needs to take a firm line says SA Legal Pundit on Sky.

I have a feeling she will put her foot down as they are treating OP with kid gloves. This trails needs to over for The Steenkamp family. They seem to be forgotten in all this :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Out of interest do those who think OP is acting all of this emotion think his family are too? They were all in tears just now also. Are they acting?

Ker-ching.
  • Options
    teagenieteagenie Posts: 146
    Forum Member
    Some interesting reactions on here...

I've found his account to be reasonably credible so far. It doesn't surprise me that Reeva didn't call out: if she heard Pistorius yelling that there were intruders, she would have had no idea the person he thought was the intruder was actually her, and may have thought the safest thing was to lock herself in the bathroom and stay quiet. She didn't know where the "intruders" were or if she might be in danger from them herself. I did think some of the things Pistorius said were quite deliberately and carefully said to account for other evidence, like his ears ringing after the shots. However that doesn't mean those things weren't true. We'll see how his account stands up to cross-examination.

Whether he knew it was Reeva or not, I see his distress as genuine and not play-acting, and it was harrowing to watch. I'm in full agreement with baccy's post in that respect.

Agree with this.

I don't know whether I think he is guilty or innocent but it frustrates me that there seems to be so many "legal experts" on this thread, and so many people who seem to "know" what Reeva's family are thinking, feeling etc.

How can anyone know that???
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    he's had a year to go over his bloomiin story
    get the timing right and regret what he's done - he's such a clear liar

i've spoken to many people today who said they switched off because it was so contrived it made them angry
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Every time I've seen the judge she seems totally unimpressed with the breakdowns on the stand and in the court.
  • Options
    benjaminibenjamini Posts: 32,066
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He's right.

I agree. We are entitled to hear the state cross examine him.
    All this victim stuff from OP is really grinding my gears. Yes I'm sure he regrets killing her, I'm sure he is afraid of prison, but it's a bloody murder trial looking like a farce and a travesty .
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am sick of seeing OPs aunt, and sister , open mouthed crying and wiping tears away... reevas parents have had to see here daughter with her brains and her hip hanging out in those pictures... this judge needs to remember this is a MURDER trial
    OP has been nurtured all his life and he is still getting special treatment....
  • Options
    asyousayasyousay Posts: 38,838
    Forum Member
    Well, I've been saying throughout that I think he'll get a stiff sentence even if it turns out to be 'just' culpable homicide. I might be wrong, but apart from the usual clean record/vulnerability/remorse types of mitigation, I can't see much else in his favour. I personally think his situation doesn't compare with those like the ex rugby player, for instance, because someone visiting the bathroom is too far from being an unusual event.

I do hope he gets time as the moment this case is a mockery .
  • Options
    Forum Member
    benjamini wrote: »
    I agree. We are entitled to hear the state cross examine him.
    All this victim stuff from OP is really grinding my gears. Yes I'm sure he regrets killing her, I'm sure he is afraid of prison, but it's a bloody murder trial looking like a farce and a travesty .

I can totally see Roux's strategy and why he is right to go that way, but I think we are getting to a point of over kill now.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He has just walked out with his Minders, cousins, whatever, looking perfectly normal nbut apparently a "bit white"..which was true.... he was not crying looked normal I watched it
    roux is running the show... disgusting

Shortening the trial every day is now established as the pattern. Expect more of the same each subsequent day. The court has shown themselves to be fond of a skive throughout the trial so it`s no surprise the judge capitulates to this kind of nonsense. They love a half-day in the SA court system so Oscar is doing them a favour really - Giving them an excuse!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Every time I've seen the judge she seems totally unimpressed with the breakdowns on the stand and in the court.

But today and yesterday she gave way to Roux... who will continue getting away with it if she lets him...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    teagenie wrote: »
    Agree with this.

I don't know whether I think he is guilty or innocent but it frustrates me that there seems to be so many "legal experts" on this thread, and so many people who seem to "know" what Reeva's family are thinking, feeling etc.

How can anyone know that???
    watch them and listen to this man make excuses for what he did, - it's so unbelievable , his story is contrived and to save his neck - he's terrified of slipping up infront of Nel, so that's why they've adjourned - If he was innocent he'd not pause for so long and indicate to his Lawyer he needs a break,, which is what was going on, and Roux steps in - He should be made to stay on that Stand and face the music without prepartion of 24 hrs. - it's a joke
  • Options
    InspirationInspiration Posts: 62,706
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Oh I'm not so sure. She seemed very willing to agree that he was too tired yesterday. She practically sent him to bed.
  • Options
    hopeless casehopeless case Posts: 5,245
    Forum Member
    I don't think he will cry like this again. He won't cry like this under cross examination because the questions will be put differently and he won't be giving his account in this narrative style.

Its probably extra emotional because its the first time he has had to recount finding her body, well apart from to his lawyers and family and friends of course.
  • Options
    teresagreenteresagreen Posts: 16,444
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    speaks volumes, this stuff cuts no ice with me.... he is crying to save his own skin.. and his awful sister crying on camera....

I noticed that - she was making sure the cameras caught her by holding her head slighlty back with a pained expression, instead of crying discreetly like Reeva's family.
This discussion has been closed.