Melissa and Joey

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 361
    Forum Member
    ^I can't imagine we miss a huge amount, its on ABC Family so I can't imagine its strong language.

Didn't know that.

LMS and this would make a great early evening double bill. Perhaps leading into Modern Family (if both were on Sky 1), but alas no. Its deemed that they're just "daytime TV fodder". :(
    davem1234 wrote: »
    I love when a usa show starts on E4 and had a couple of seasons because there has been a few show they have picked up and they end up with only one season.
    I remember how I met your mother was in its 3 season before being on E4

I wonder if they are doing the same with Melissa and Joey, show episodes daily and when we are almost caught up, move to a evening slot. E4 will have a gap now HIMYM has finished. The only difference is the time slot.
    Salv* wrote: »
    So, opinions of the latest episodes?

Enjoyed them, had a few proper lol moments.
  • koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    BTW Was Melissa pregnant during filming of the first season? She's doing that frumpy clothing and filming above the waist thing they do when pregnant.
    Forum Member
    BTW Was Melissa pregnant during filming of the first season? She's doing that frumpy clothing and filming above the waist thing they do when pregnant.

No, she had her last child in 2012 the first season started 2010
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 48
    Forum Member
    NoEntry2k wrote: »
    I’ve just checked, and no they aren’t.

For example, yesterday we had episodes 3 and 4, which are actually the 4th and 3rd (respectively) episodes to be produced.
    Today we have episodes 5 and 6, which are actually the 8th and 6th (respectively) episodes to be produced.
    And tomorrow we have episodes 7 and 8, which are actually the 7th and 5th (respectively) episodes to be produced.

No - those were how they were broadcast in the USA. Not how they were originally were intended to air....Episodes in the UK are the correct intended order of episodes and how they were produced. The USA have a tendency to broadcast series in the wrong order....I mean look at American Gothic, Happy Endings and Don't Trust The B....
  • NoEntry2kNoEntry2k Posts: 14,969
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Episodes in the UK are the correct intended order of episodes and how they were produced.

Well all I can say is that the order E4 are broadcasting the episodes is not the order of the production codes associated to each episode.

It may be the order that they were intended to be broadcast in, but it doesn't look like the production order.
  • LudwigVonDrakeLudwigVonDrake Posts: 12,836
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    5 and 6 were ok, perhaps not as great as the previous but still had some laugh out loud moments.

I've noticed now and again those "trying not to laugh" moments. Looks like they have real fun making this show.
    Forum Member
    You are mistaken - they are the production order. The production order codes match the order the episodes are shown in. Anyway - no need to argue - agree to disagree.

Anyway....still a dreadful show
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    You are mistaken - they are the production order. The production order codes match the order the episodes are shown in. Anyway - no need to argue - agree to disagree.

Anyway....still a dreadful show
    You can't 'agree to disagree' on a factual issue.

Either they are being shown in production order or they are not.

It isn't a matter of faith.
    Forum Member
    5 and 6 were ok, perhaps not as great as the previous but still had some laugh out loud moments.

I've noticed now and again those "trying not to laugh" moments. Looks like they have real fun making this show.

I noticed that, especially from Joey, he doesn't hide it well.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    jackles27 wrote: »

I noticed it today when the Grandfather said something about being at an underage party and Joey looked away with a laugh.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think its always a good sign when you see it though.

I loved it when you could see one of The Golden Girls stifling a laugh - it just makes you want to laugh along with them.
  • carl.waringcarl.waring Posts: 35,579
    Forum Member
    You can't 'agree to disagree' on a factual issue.

Either they are being shown in production order or they are not.

It isn't a matter of faith.

Not saying who's right and who's wrong :D

http://epguides.com/MelissaandJoey/

And if you find yourself having to edit episodes for broadcast then surely an indication that it's being shown in the wrong time-slot?!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    And if you find yourself having to edit episodes for broadcast then surely an indication that it's being shown in the wrong time-slot?!
    Completely agree.

I don't see what the issue would be in putting this in an early evening time slot. Its not like the E4 schedule is packed with shows that they can't move.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not saying who's right and who's wrong :D

http://epguides.com/MelissaandJoey/

In all my previous posts I've said that E4 are airing the episodes in the US broadcast order, and not the production order (according to the production codes). This confirms it doesn't it? Or am I going mad?!?
    Forum Member
    I CBA to work it out, hence my comment :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bit odd the v/o said that it was a change to the scheduled episode and "Ryder is loosing things" and yet we got the planned DWTS ep.
  • davordavor Posts: 6,874
    Forum Member
    I did not like this sitcom. Too much forced acting imho. Melissa is still acting the same way she did when she was a teenager in Clarissa.
  • rosco2010rosco2010 Posts: 7,501
    Forum Member
    Downloaded the first few episodes from Sky Box Sets, quite enjoyable so far. :)
    Forum Member
    What is with the change in opening credits?

Ready to play what is going on with Joey's hair lol
    It was a :o moment for sure. :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    What is with the change in opening credits?

Ready to play what is going on with Joey's hair lol
    It was a :o moment for sure. :D

I thought they might be the season 2 credits tagged onto season 1 shows for the international market. But they could have been changed half way through season 1 in the US.

I'm watching all 3 seasons out of order so haven't seen the last half of season 1, but have seen the first half of seasons 2 and 3.

Edit: It seems season 1 was split into two parts.
    Forum Member
    And they're certainly not showing them in the order they were produced*, so I suspect we'll see Joey's hair in various stages of growth over the next few eps. Ridiculous.

(* Though they are showing them in the order they are supposed to be shown.)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    And they're certainly not showing them in the order they were produced*, so I suspect we'll see Joey's hair in various stages of growth over the next few eps. Ridiculous.

(* Though they are showing them in the order they are supposed to be shown.)

I’m glad people now agree that the episodes we’re seeing aren’t in production order, but are in the US broadcast order. I was told I was wrong so many times in this thread I was beginning to think I was going mad!

I think the original season 1 commission was for 10 episodes, it then got extended by a further 20 episodes, which resulted in season 1 being split into 2 halves – a 12 episode run and a 18 episode run. The change in opening titles coincides with the start of the 2nd half run.

As for Joey’s hair, yeah its a bit of a shock. I think he maybe looked better with the shaved head, although you could see the scar on the back of his head where he’s had a transplant. The next few episodes we’ll see were produced towards the end of the run so he’ll have hair for a while, but towards the end of season one there are episodes that were produced early on so he’ll have a shaved head again in those. Whether he looks better or not is a matter of opinion, but its certainly a little distracting to the viewer as continuity is all over the place.
  • tim18tim18 Posts: 737
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Its not very funny at all, it should be on Nick.

Melissa looks great though, hasnt aged since sabrina..

They should bring back sabrina as-

Sabrina the adult witch-

sabrina gets a job as a journalist, harvey is away on business, aunt hilda and zelda and salem live in the old house still trying to find there men, sabrinas teenage daughter struggles with her magical powers. Sabrina and her teenage daughter try to hide there powers from harvey.

Thats the main character plotlines i would do . What you think?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 395
    Forum Member
    tim18 wrote: »
    Its not very funny at all, it should be on Nick.

Melissa looks great though, hasnt aged since sabrina..

They should bring back sabrina as-

Sabrina the adult witch-

sabrina gets a job as a journalist, harvey is away on business, aunt hilda and zelda and salem live in the old house still trying to find there men, sabrinas teenage daughter struggles with her magical powers. Sabrina and her teenage daughter try to hide there powers from harvey.

Thats the main character plotlines i would do . What you think?

I would watch that show! I do miss Salem.

I do like Melissa & Joey though, it is not laugh a minute, but I do enjoy watching it. There are a few funny moments, I think the teenage boy is my favourite character.
    Forum Member
    NoEntry2k wrote: »
    I’m glad people now agree that the episodes we’re seeing aren’t in production order, but are in the US broadcast order. I was told I was wrong so many times in this thread I was beginning to think I was going mad!

I think the original season 1 commission was for 10 episodes, it then got extended by a further 20 episodes, which resulted in season 1 being split into 2 halves – a 12 episode run and a 18 episode run. The change in opening titles coincides with the start of the 2nd half run.

As for Joey’s hair, yeah its a bit of a shock. I think he maybe looked better with the shaved head, although you could see the scar on the back of his head where he’s had a transplant. The next few episodes we’ll see were produced towards the end of the run so he’ll have hair for a while, but towards the end of season one there are episodes that were produced early on so he’ll have a shaved head again in those. Whether he looks better or not is a matter of opinion, but its certainly a little distracting to the viewer as continuity is all over the place.

I will agree I was wrong. HOWEVER, the only reason I was saying E4 were going to be showing the episodes in production order was because thats how they were shown to be aired on the TV LIstings on the Channel 4 website...they have since changed this. I am watching this on Amazon Prime in production order....I have OCD so I have to do it this way lol