Options

ED - Ross Barton

HarloweHarlowe Posts: 20,021
Forum Member
✭✭✭
The guy is the best thing about Emmerdale ATM, MP is a fantastic actor and just keeps you fix on the screen.

Comments

• Options
    Hound of LoveHound of Love Posts: 80,118
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Too right, Harlowe!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 996
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Totally agree and so glad he's signed up for another year.
  • Options
    danyelldanyell Posts: 10,884
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wish his family were supporting him more over his grief. Especially James as he's meant to be his Dad. It makes me feel sorry for Ross even more for having such a rubbish family. I'm looking forward to Ross's Mum coming into it. Maybe Ross will be close to her if he's able to forgive her for walking out on him.
  • Options
    cyrilandshirleycyrilandshirley Posts: 48,569
    Forum Member
    Another Ross fan. He is just so watchable - you really believe he's feeling this. Brilliant with Donna, April, and Finn. They've developed his character massively this summer.

He's a really sad character though, because he just seems so alone. No one seems to understand him or care that much. It makes his messed up behaviour more believable.

Just all round ace, basically.
  • Options
    Face Of JackFace Of Jack Posts: 7,181
    Forum Member
    Ross is the first villain (to my knowledge) that has actually been adored, had sympathy and got a load of fans!!
    Brilliant character - great actor - I'm pleased he is staying for another year! :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7
    Forum Member
    Me too love him. But please don't put him with Debbie, I like Ross with a nice girl. There is more room with the story and Debbie gets all the good ones and I don't know why!
  • Options
    ally08ally08 Posts: 34,709
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't really want him with Debbie, love triangles are so overdone and boring but I found the scene with him begging her to stay tonight very touching.

He is amazingly good isn't he, maybe not the best actor ever but quite believable in a raw way.

Oh and very hot obviously.
  • Options
    cyrilandshirleycyrilandshirley Posts: 48,569
    Forum Member
    Edee fan wrote: »
    Me too love him. But please don't put him with Debbie, I like Ross with a nice girl. There is more room with the story and Debbie gets all the good ones and I don't know why!

Yeah, I'm really not keen on putting him with Debbie either. But I thought tonight's scenes, where he just needed someone to love him, were totally heartbreaking. He came in as just a bad boy with tons of attitude, but he's a lot more than that now.

Love it when a new character/actor comes in and just tears up the screen like he has. :cool:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 410
    Forum Member
    Didn't like him at first - but he's grown on me. it's really sad to watch him. Who knew him and donna would have worked so well together
  • Options
    star89star89 Posts: 24,162
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I. Want. Him

That is all :blush:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    star89 wrote: »
    I. Want. Him

That is all :blush:

Get in the queue. ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ally08 wrote: »
    Get in the queue. ;)

I've always been at the front ;-)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    star89 wrote: »
    I've always been at the front ;-)

lol This is going to turn into a riot isn't it?

Not just me and you, I think there might be a few others joining in, you cover my back and I will cover yours. ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lol This is going to turn into a riot isn't it?

Not just me and you, I think there might be a few others joining in, you cover my back and I will cover yours. ;)

Ross isn't short a few admirers on this forum, that's for sure :D Deal ;-)

An excellent addition to the cast :)
  • Options
    wavlovrwavlovr Posts: 3,741
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I disliked him when he first appeared, but warmed to him in later eps.
    Just lately though Ross is becoming the 'Tina McIntire of the Dales'. He`s in nearly every scene these days though, and I may get fed up of him.
    Out of the Barton brothers I prefer Pete,
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 666
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am not greedy, I will wait my turn, he is worth it:blush:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We do have to suffer James for him though, it's worth it but only just.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,163
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He's a snide and greasy brylcreemed article, of that there is no doubt.
    A good hot bath beckons methinks.

But I do love the way he is with little April, whom I absolutely adore.
    She's so bloody lovely.
    Poor Ross had to do what that gutless coward Marvin failed to do, and explain where her mam was.

Before then, the poor mite was so confused, thanks in no small part to Marvin & Trill spouting their ridiculous wedding shite within her little earshot.
  • Options
    T.K.T.K. Posts: 19,502
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I concur, OP. Great character and actor. I lost interest in ED a bit after the Cameron storyline ended and it took me a few weeks to warm to him, but he's grown into a top character. I now once again look forward to watching ED.
  • Options
    MrJamesMrJames Posts: 8,127
    Forum Member
    He's the best, better than the rest.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

She's so bloody lovely.
    Poor Ross had to do what that gutless coward Marvin failed to do, and explain where her mam was.

Before then, the poor mite was so confused, thanks in no small part to Marvin & Trill spouting their ridiculous wedding shite within her little earshot.

When he, Adam and Aaron were all in the same room I thought there was going to be some kind of hair gel related apocalypse.

He is gorgeous with April though and I still would.

I obviously would wear gloves in case I accidently touched his hair, the stuff on his head I mean. It is hair right?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

She's so bloody lovely.

No need to be a tad jealous UQ, you will always be my número uno:blush:
  • Options
    HarloweHarlowe Posts: 20,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    His so emotional and the scenes with Debbeh tonight was just heartbreaking and no one will give him chance, he loved Donna and really believed she might of felt the same, and his scenes with little April another shining star was heartwarming, I've been rather off/on with ED but his been keeping me watching and yes his a good looking fella to boot.

Marlon 'Everything about me' Dingle needs a kick up the arse!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Harlowe wrote: »
    His so emotional and the scenes with Debbeh tonight was just heartbreaking and no one will give him chance, he loved Donna and really believed she might of felt the same, and his scenes with little April another shining star was heartwarming, I've been rather off/on with ED but his been keeping me watching and yes his a good looking fella to boot.

Marlon 'Everything about me' Dingle needs a kick up the arse!

Or an axe in the face, one of the two. ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Or an axe in the face, one of the two. ;)
    I like your option best:D