Options

CS Confused about Fiz and Tyrone having no money

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,163
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I’ve been keeping quiet during the majority of this thread, but can maintain my silence no more I’m afraid.

I’m the manager of the bank at which Mr Dobbs and Mrs Stape have their account - the Weatherfield branch – and you’ll understand when I say I cannot divulge too much information, as that’d be more than my job’s worth.
    We’re nothing if not discreet here at the bank.

However, as it presently stands, Mr Dobbs and Mrs Stape’s joint current account has over seven hundred thousand pounds in it.

Naturally, we at the bank were rather suspicious as to how two fat, thick, scruffy urchins had amassed such a veritable fortune, so we were duly obliged to invite them in and ask a few questions.
    It’s our job to be vigilant you see.

Apparently, after a Mr Duckworth had given Mr Dobbs his house, he then left him a further £65,000 in cash following his untimely death.
    This was bequeathed on the provision he tended to, and looked after his beloved pigeons.
    Sadly, Mr Dobbs freely admits he tended the poor buggers straight into his oven where they were roasted, and promptly scoffed by the two fat oafs in question, along with an entire loaf of white-sliced, ‘Happy Shopper’ bread and butter.

Mr Dobbs also came into a 250,000 pounds compensation windfall when an errant tram murdered his former wife, Mrs Dobbs, a complete **** so we heard. Further significant sums arrived into the account via a business sale I believe involving a Mr Webster, a second inheritance from a Mr Harold Cropper, and a not insignificant amount of 30,000 pounds from the criminal injuries board for something to do with a hoover nozzle and a kitchen ladle.

The mind boggles doesn’t it.
    He’s nothing if not unlucky that bloke.

His partner Mrs Stape had been added to the account by this time of course, and a sizable 150,000 pounds was duly contributed by her, which she informed us had been “given” to her by a kindly old lady whom her then husband, a Mr John Stape had “taken care of.”
    He sounded a thoroughly good egg must admit, looking after elderly folk like that.
    The old dear’s signature had changed completely on the documents we received, but that’s only to be expected I guess when she was so poorly, even though she was in rude health when she popped in here the day before her death and showed us all how to breakdance.

So there you have it, and funnily enough, they were both in here only this morning to pop another £2,000 into the account, accompanied by their delightful children, Rooooobeh Dobbs and ‘Urp Stape.
    Judging by their parents' astonishing wealth, I bet those lucky kids live in an absolute palace of a home.

PS. A standard charge of £35 for this post will be deducted in due course from all of your bank accounts.
    Really soz about that, it's bank law I'm afraid.
  • Options
    OldnjadedOldnjaded Posts: 89,126
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lol Uncle Q !! :D:D:D
    Mr Dobbs freely admits he tended the poor buggers straight into his oven where they were roasted, and promptly scoffed by the two fat oafs in question
    ...a not insignificant amount of 30,000 pounds from the criminal injuries board for something to do with a hoover nozzle and a kitchen ladle.
    ...even though she was in rude health when she popped in here the day before her death and showed us all how to breakdance.
    I bet those lucky kids live in an absolute palace of a home.

Literally ROFL! :D:D:D:cool:
  • Options
    kitkat1971kitkat1971 Posts: 39,257
    Forum Member
    jsmith99 wrote: »
    Surely it's more serious than that - didn't he have one of those plastic thingies up his nose?

Your stats could just be down for a short while and be given one of those oxygen things. My mum had one the day before being discharged from Hospital a few weeks ago - a better safe than sorry thing just to top up the oxygen levels. It doesn't indicate a long term issue that would stop him working.

To be fair, even office work can be hard with a broken wrist if it is your writing hand. I only sprained my srist a few years ago and couldn't do any office work for a few days.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Popsiemia wrote: »
    Don't think he would get sick pay if self employed.
    though I may have got this wrong.
    Even so, if he is part owner of the gagarge then surely he would still be getting a weekly wage, after all the gagrage is always so busy.

Also, didn't Tyrone also get money left when Jack died (around £20,000...... though again I may have got this wrong).

I imagine that the 20k that Jack left him was what he used to bail tommy out but wasn't that repaid by tommy and tina - it lead to the whole idiotic surrogacy plot.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I’ve been keeping quiet during the majority of this thread, but can maintain my silence no more I’m afraid.

I’m the manager of the bank at which Mr Dobbs and Mrs Stape have their account - the Weatherfield branch – and you’ll understand when I say I cannot divulge too much information, as that’d be more than my job’s worth.

However, as it presently stands, Mr Dobbs and Mrs Stape’s joint current account has over seven hundred thousand pounds in it.

Naturally, we at the bank were rather suspicious as to how two fat, thick, scruffy urchins had amassed such a veritable fortune, so we were duly obliged to invite them in and ask a few questions.

Apparently, after a Mr Duckworth had given Mr Dobbs his house, he then left him a further £65,000 in cash following his untimely death.
    This was bequeathed on the provision he tended to, and looked after his beloved pigeons.
    Sadly, Mr Dobbs freely admits he tended the poor buggers straight into his oven where they were roasted, and promptly scoffed by the two fat oafs in question, along with an entire loaf of white-sliced, ‘Happy Shopper’ bread and butter.

Mr Dobbs also came into a 250,000 pounds compensation windfall when an errant tram murdered his former wife, Mrs Dobbs, a complete **** so we heard. Further significant sums arrived into the account via a business sale I believe involving a Mr Webster, a second inheritance from a Mr Harold Cropper, and a not insignificant amount of 30,000 pounds from the criminal injuries board for something to do with a hoover nozzle and a kitchen ladle.

His partner Mrs Stape had been added to the account by this time of course, and a sizable 150,000 pounds was duly contributed by her, which she informed us had been “given” to her by a kindly old lady whom her then husband, a Mr John Stape had “taken care of.”
    He sounded a thoroughly good egg must admit, looking after elderly folk like that.
    The old dear’s signature had changed completely on the documents we received, but that’s only to be expected I guess when she was so poorly, even though she was in rude health when she popped in here the day before her death and showed us all how to breakdance.

So there you have it, and funnily enough, they were both in here only this morning to pop another £2,000 into the account, accompanied by their delightful children, Rooooobeh Dobbs and ‘Urp Stape.
    Judging by their parents' astonishing wealth, I bet those lucky kids live in an absolute palace of a home.

PS. A standard charge of £35 for this post will be deducted in due course from all of your bank accounts.

Fantastic!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 358
    Forum Member
    With Fizz' wages. Tyrone's sickness benefit and 2 lots of child allowance, they should be able to manage very well. If they had the money to have a loft extension built, they must have savings, so what is Fizz whingeing about?

Re. BIB - If Ty is self employed, which I presume he is being half owner of the garage, then what sickness benefit would he be entitled to?
  • Options
    BerBer Posts: 24,562
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ceecee31 wrote: »
    Re. BIB - If Ty is self employed, which I presume he is being half owner of the garage, then what sickness benefit would he be entitled to?

You can claim ESA if you are self employed, and I would assume he would still be entitled to his share of any profit made too? Although, that probably doesn't work out to much :D
  • Options
    Janet PlankJanet Plank Posts: 10,253
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Please tell me the name of your bank, UQ, as I it would give me great peace of mind to transfer my assets there. .
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Please tell me the name of your bank, UQ, as I it would give me great peace of mind to transfer my assets there. .

Why we're the listening bank Janet. :)
    As in, if you've got plenty of lolly hanging around doing bugger all, then we're ruddy well listening.
    However, if it's help, loans, or even a bigger overdraft you'll be wanting, then we usually cock a deaf 'un I'm afraid and harp on instead about the country being gripped by recession.

On another note, the bank’s area manager has gotten wind of that post I sent earlier, and now I’m in real trouble.

Apparently I should have charged you all £45 to read the post, and not the previously mentioned £35.
    I inadvertently forgot that here at the listening bank, our motto is, when we say you bloody pay.
    Sorry folks.

We had a bit of a kerfuffle earlier when an inexperienced member of staff mistakenly removed ten pence from Mr Dobbs and Mrs Stape’s account - indeed they were both down here to question it within four minutes of her doing so.

Mrs Stape in particular tore a real strip off me, when she explained in an excruciating tone that unless the ten pence was returned immediately, she wouldn’t be able to feed or clothe ‘Urp and Rooooobeh this week.

I think I’m beginning to take a dislike to them if I’m honest.
  • Options
    jsmith99jsmith99 Posts: 20,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kitkat1971 wrote: »
    Your stats could just be down for a short while and be given one of those oxygen things. My mum had one the day before being discharged from Hospital a few weeks ago - a better safe than sorry thing just to top up the oxygen levels...........................

Thanks for the reply, but I'm afraid I don't even know what 'stats' are - though I can guess. Why would you have low oxygen levels caused by a broken wrist?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Thanks for the reply, but I'm afraid I don't even know what 'stats' are - though I can guess. Why would you have low oxygen levels caused by a broken wrist?

Stats - another word for obs - basically the checks they do of heart rate, blood pressure, pulse periodically when you are in Hospital. If one is low they tend to put you on that little oxygen thing for an hour or so just to get them to a level they are happier with.

I have no real idea (only took Biology up to O level and that was a very long time ago) but maybe his pulse was slow because of shock or the pain relief he was on or it could even be a post op thing - they did have to do a minor op didn't they - he might have lost blood then which would effect his oxygen levels.

I'm only going by what i've seen on when they use the oxygen nasal thing on my mother and other patients around her during her recent lengthy hospital stays.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    As in, if you've got plenty of lolly hanging around doing bugger all, then we're ruddy well listening.
    However, if it's help, loans, or even a bigger overdraft you'll be wanting, then we usually cock a deaf 'un I'm afraid and harp on instead about the country being gripped by recession.

On another note, the bank’s area manager has gotten wind of that post I sent earlier, and now I’m in real trouble.

Apparently I should have charged you all £45 to read the post, and not the previously mentioned £35.
    I inadvertently forgot that here at the listening bank, our motto is, when we say you bloody pay.
    Sorry folks.

We had a bit of a kerfuffle earlier when an inexperienced member of staff mistakenly removed ten pence from Mr Dobbs and Mrs Stape’s account - indeed they were both down here to question it within four minutes of her doing so.

Mrs Stape in particular tore a real strip off me, when she explained in an excruciating tone that unless the ten pence was returned immediately, she wouldn’t be able to feed or clothe ‘Urp and Rooooobeh this week.

Has Mrs Stape mistaking you for a solicitors asked about getting a power of Attorney for Mr Royston Cropper on the grounds of Mental incapacity due to his having taken more than 2 days to get over the death of his wife, Mr Harold Cropper? He's not right to look after himself or his money you see, it'd be much better for everyone if she did it.
  • Options
    J-BJ-B Posts: 18,616
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sorry folks.

That's very diligent of you Mr Q, the extra charge is no problem. It's a wonder we were in recession at all with people like your good self at the helm of our finances.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Has Mrs Stape mistaking you for a solicitors asked about getting a power of Attorney for Mr Royston Cropper on the grounds of Mental incapacity due to his having taken more than 2 days to get over the death of his wife, Mr Harold Cropper? He's not right to look after himself or his money you see, it'd be much better for everyone if she did it.

I don’t think so Kitty, but she has certainly mentioned a Mr Royston Cropper.
    That name definitely rings a bell.

Thinking back, I’m sure she said she would be inheriting a cafe business sometime in the future, for ‘Urp and Roooobeh like, so we shouldn’t be alarmed if another large amount of money suddenly appeared in their already groaning account.

She also mentioned a vintage train set, an array of cardigans, and a whole bunch of books containing big words, which I’m led to believe she’s planning to sell the minute Mr Cropper meets his maker.
    On eBay I think.

Not sure if any of that is of interest to you, but if it is, her eBay user name is …

Awwwforrooobehandurp
  • Options
    sconescone Posts: 14,850
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Uncle Q please step down from your bank manager job, take a break because the banks are closing and please tell me what you think of grasping Fiz and her asking for more money from Jason and co :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I don’t think so Kitty, but she has certainly mentioned a Mr Royston Cropper.
    That name definitely rings a bell.

Thinking back, I’m sure she said she would be inheriting a cafe business sometime in the future, for ‘Urp and Roooobeh like, so we shouldn’t be alarmed if another large amount of money suddenly appeared in their already groaning account.

She also mentioned a vintage train set, an array of cardigans, and a whole bunch of books containing big words, which I’m led to believe she’s planning to sell the minute Mr Cropper meets his maker.
    On eBay I think.

Not sure if any of that is of interest to you, but if it is, her eBay user name is …

Awwwforrooobehandurp

Thank you. I will pass the information on to a Ms Kirsty Soames Dobbs and Mr Harold Cropper's son Christian who might be interested. Both morally corrupt people but infinitely preferable to Mrs Stape.

In Fact, Ms Soames Dobbs did mention that Mrs Stape wants her to pass over all her earnings over for Rooobey (as it is only right) but won't let her see the little mite, even though she is worried about her being forced fed 30 slices of white bread a day.
  • Options
    Janet PlankJanet Plank Posts: 10,253
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Sorry folks.

:):):)
  • Options
    Matt35Matt35 Posts: 30,145
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This storyline is typical of soap writers not living in the real world. Its the same in EastEnders when bianca was always struggling with money. With regards to ty and fizz. Ultimately its both Jason and Ty's fault. Ty shouldn't have been up there and Jason should have checked it was the right thickness. Whether it would have made any difference I don't know because ty was standing on them steps as well. Not sure what fizz expects to happen with the insurance. It could be months before any money comes by which time ty would be back at work.
  • Options
    TellystarTellystar Posts: 12,253
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

He also had broken ribs which, being painful could have compromised his breathing
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lest we forget he also has a square head.
    That in itself would bring about complications I'm sure.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Tellystar wrote: »
    He also had broken ribs which, being painful could have compromised his breathing

Good point - if he wasn't breathing properly because it hurt to, that would effect his oxygen levels but would be resolved once he got the correct kind of pain relief.

In all honesty, I don't think it is unreasonable that he is not fit to work for a few weeks with broken wrist and ribs. Whilst not life threatening, they are painful, severely compromise agility and need to set properly and might not if over exerted.

He might be able to answer the phone at the garage and type one handed but probably not capable of much more.
  • Options
    jsmith99jsmith99 Posts: 20,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tellystar wrote: »

Thanks - I must have missed that.
  • Options
    mo mousemo mouse Posts: 38,764
    Forum Member
    Tyrone was diagnosed as having a mental age of 8. In addition, he will be little more than a vegetable as regards his future brain capacity.

Doctors want to know how he has managed to improve himself so much from a simple fall.
  • Options
    chloebchloeb Posts: 6,501
    Forum Member
    Stats - another word for obs - basically the checks they do of heart rate, blood pressure, pulse periodically when you are in Hospital. If one is low they tend to put you on that little oxygen thing for an hour or so just to get them to a level they are happier with.

I have no real idea (only took Biology up to O level and that was a very long time ago) but maybe his pulse was slow because of shock or the pain relief he was on or it could even be a post op thing - they did have to do a minor op didn't they - he might have lost blood then which would effect his oxygen levels.

I'm only going by what i've seen on when they use the oxygen nasal thing on my mother and other patients around her during her recent lengthy hospital stays.

Stats....should read SATS.....oxygen saturation levels.
    If your SAT is low then u need oxygen.

Oxygen sometimes given after surgery to help eliminate the anaesthetic gases.

However soaps do seem to have an obsession with nasal prongs for everything from childbirth to a sprained ankle
  • Options
    Yorkshire.KingYorkshire.King Posts: 1,467
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fiz should be dragged up into the eaves and thrown out of a shiny new velux window.......she is bloomin' awful