Eddie Kidd

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,560
    Forum Member
    I remember seeing one of his 'shows', many years ago, maybe in 1995 or 1996?
    He must have been having an off day, because when I met him, he wasn't very nice and was in a foul mood :( was a fan of his up until that meeting.

Such a shame about his accident though, but I suppose when you do that kind of 'work', then you prepare yourself for 'what ifs'.
  • alfiewozerealfiewozere Posts: 29,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I finished at Evelyn rd and Oxestalls rd, walked about 800 meters but it was all up hill and its sooooo hot. I will start tomorrow at 9.30am as I want to try and walk as far as I can before the family gets here. I will be on the bus for 11.30am for a break and then will meet all my Family friends and fans at 12.30.
    I would like to say thank you to Phil run Wilson, Deptford fire station guys, the police and sorry to Susan & Sam for being a pain today! I hope to be meeting you all tomorrow maybe by Deptford sports park. safe landings eddie x

Anyone in the area that can meet him and walk some of the way with him?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He's almost halfway round now.:) This is from his facebook page today:

Finished on the corner of Salter rd at Peter hill school, I will be starting there tomorrow at 11am as I need a lye in! I would like to say a big thank you to all the people of Bermonsy and Rotherhithe your support has been amazing, thanks to the school children who came out to cheer me on. Thanks to Anthea & Marcus who are doing a documentry on my marathon challenge, thanks to the comunity police, Carol for the lovely cuppa, to Geraldine for all her help. Thanks to my lovely sister Sarah and her other half Derek for fighting for my care package while im busy with the marathon, thanks to Glen my carer, to tim and liam kidd my brother from another mother ha ha, who is getting me a skirt to cross the finish line, well a kilt made of the family tartan, in memory of my dad who is with me all the way in spirit. safe landings eddie x

It will be interesting to see the documentary when it comes out.
  • grumpyoldbatgrumpyoldbat Posts: 3,663
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Richard Jones from Stereophonics is a friend of Eddie's and did part of the walk with him a few days back. He's been linking Eddie's blog and his fund raising page on Twitter too.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think he's walking with Ian Botham today.
  • wannabegothchavwannabegothchav Posts: 1,690
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Someone has just donated £10k - amazing bloke!! (Eddie and anonymous person who donated!)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Someone has just donated £10k - amazing bloke!! (Eddie and anonymous person who donated!)
    He must have exceeded his target of raising 50 grand by now. It's a shame his need for a carer is being questioned because of what he's doing though:(
  • SkafaceSkaface Posts: 4,828
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just bumping this back up to page 1, where it belongs!

Just checked on his website and he reached the 11 mile mark last night. :cool:

Keep going Eddie ~ you're doing absolutely great! :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,376
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Skaface wrote: »
    Just bumping this back up to page 1, where it belongs!

Just checked on his website and he reached the 11 mile mark last night. :cool:

Keep going Eddie ~ you're doing absolutely great! :)

A true legend!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He posted this on facebook last night about the charity he's supporting

"Just need to explain that Children with Leukaemia as of today are changing their name to Children with Cancer, this is so they can reach out to more children and Leukaemia is a cancer!, the donation page will not change so please keep giving.
    Thanks again to all of you for your support, so who is coming to walk over the bridge with me? Safe landings eddie x"

And still he walks on, he's such a star, I get all teary when I read his blog every evening.
  • SkafaceSkaface Posts: 4,828
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He posted this on facebook last night about the charity he's supporting

"Just need to explain that Children with Leukaemia as of today are changing their name to Children with Cancer, this is so they can reach out to more children and Leukaemia is a cancer!, the donation page will not change so please keep giving.
    Thanks again to all of you for your support, so who is coming to walk over the bridge with me? Safe landings eddie x"

And still he walks on, he's such a star, I get all teary when I read his blog every evening.

Me too Alfie! The name 'Eddie the Lionheart' springs to mind. He is an absolutely inspirational example of courage and determination against all the odds. Keep going Eddie ~ you can do it! :)
  • artlesschaosartlesschaos Posts: 11,345
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Skaface wrote: »
    Me too Alfie! The name 'Eddie the Lionheart' springs to mind. He is an absolutely inspirational example of courage and determination against all the odds. Keep going Eddie ~ you can do it! :)

Completely agree. He, and that fabulous support network he has, are literally, awesome.

I can't wait to read he has made it. I really hope he gets the recognition he deserves for this.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bless his heart, it's taken him an age, but he finishes the marathon tomorrow afternoon.:)

This has just been posted on his facebook page:
    Hi Folks joanna here, eddie has had a brilliant day today, walked upto Wellington Barracks, and he got to see the end!!! he was so excited... the end is nigh!! He wants to say thanks to all the usually gang, you know who you are.
    Eddie will be starting tomorrow at 3pm, if anyone wants to walk with him then that is fine but we need to ask everyone EVEN Family and friends from 5.30pm onwards we need everyone to leave him and stand behind the finish line. Eddie will then walk the final strech with Ray and his other celebrity friends. Thanks for your understanding. OMG its the last day!!!! Well done eddie you are UCKING amazing! We are all so very proud of you. Oh yes and anyone who hasnt yet donated please do so, would be great if we could up the total before he finishes. See you all tomorrow cant wait! j x
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 900
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Does anyone remember this guy? He was the UK's version of Evel Knievel. Except he got badly injured and is severely disabled now.

He's doing the London Marathon though. How does that work?:confused::confused:

How spooky. I was thinking about him earlier today...cue theme from twilight zone.:eek:
    He was one of my 'list to marry' when I was a teenager. It was a shocker when he had the accident as I was young enough to still think all young people were untouchable by these life changing tragedies and he was young enough to think along the lines of 'it'll never happen to me' probably. Saw a TV programme about him a few years back where his speech was still quite slow but hopefully he's improved.

Yes, he was dish of the day alright.
  • crossbonescrossbones Posts: 778
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I agree with radiomaniacs comment above. Three characters in sport. There seemed to be so many back in the 70's and 80's. Today they are either very bland or just vile.

i think that the money and sponsorships that today's sportsmen are involved in make for characters that appear bland because they have to try and maintain squeaky clean, professional images. i think back to snooker, and the characters that ruled the game throughout the 70's and 80's, they were household names, and larger than life. smoking and drinking their way through the televised matches. a thing totally unheard of these days.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He'll be on the One Show tonight after completing the London Marathon.:) I wonder if he's achieved his fundraising target?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 900
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He'll be on the One Show tonight after completing the London Marathon.:) I wonder if he's achieved his fundraising target?

Cheers for that Alfie.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Eddie has finished his 50 day marathon. Just amazing.

Story here.

:)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,396
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fantastic achievement. I've been following his progress since Day 6 and willing him to finish. If theres a Man Of The Year award give it him now.
  • vaarthartvainvaarthartvain Posts: 607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Eddie your a STAR[ ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am so happy for him - he did it!!! And raised 72 grand for Children with Cancer.
    What a superstar.
  • DE53DE53 Posts: 2,641
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That was just amazing
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 817
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So pleased that he managed to finish it - the man's an inspiration :)
  • Shadow27Shadow27 Posts: 4,181
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My husband went down on his motorbike - as a biker Eddie is such a hero of his - and said it was terribly moving. Loads of gruff bikers all getting emotional.

Well done Eddie, you're still my superstar.
  • Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Such a great achievement. What a man