Options

Got To Dance- Will there be a series 5??

123457»

Comments

• Options
    riannerianne Posts: 1,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The 'popular' vote streetdance again boring

For the past two years, a street dance act hasn't won. . I'm disappointed with the result this year. It's always been about Dance Illusion for me.
  • Options
    natalie77natalie77 Posts: 2,468
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    To say I'm disappointed at the result of this years show is an UNDERSTATEMENT >:( :o

How can the public be so clueless to not see how good every other act in that final was and vote for them to win is beyond me?!!! :confused:

The only slight good thing about it was Team Adam won which I'm glad about as I do love Mr Garcia ;-)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh I forgot to say how good was Lucas?!!!! what an AMAZING performance :D
  • Options
    susie-4964susie-4964 Posts: 23,143
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just watched the recording, and honestly, WTF? You have trained classical ballet dancers putting in a beautiful performance, a talented and original group, and then you've got Duplic8te. And the GBP vote for them. I just don't get it. Unless we're in a mediocrity contest, of course.
  • Options
    notinnotin Posts: 1,496
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Duplic8e were always the crowd pleasers, they are fun, but as Ashley so eloquently said ...not as accomplished as other acts.. or words to that effect. For me Dance illusion were the winners and I really would have liked that chap Marvel to have been in the final show, he was robbed!
  • Options
    spaceygalspaceygal Posts: 3,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I too think the poorest of the 3 final acts won. They were good but not great, imo, and nowhere near as stunning to watch as either Bitter Harvest or the amazing Dance Illusion. In fact out of the 9 acts in the final I thought they were one of the weakest acts!
  • Options
    dequeendequeen Posts: 1,179
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not too bothered about the result to be honest although firstly I did not for one moment think that Duplic8 were gonna win far less be in the final two.

My money was actually on Bitter Harvest who I felt would have been wonderful winners but that not me trying to take anything away from Duplic8. As Ashley said they were the crowd pleasers and they certainly got more cheers there than any other dance act of the evening.

And I am pleased for Tobias who I've seen in a number of tv dance competitions where he's never quite managed to win so it seems it was his time finally.

And while I thought Dance Illusion were a entertaining and original act with their performances, they left me feeling less than impressed with how they responded when Duplic8 were announced as the winners.
    Bitter Harvest were graceful and happy for Duplic8 and went to congratulate them instantly while the camera went onto Dance Illusion and you could see they weren't happy with the result and their clapping for Duplic8 was not genuine in the lease.
    Yes, some may have felt they were robbed of the competition but Duplic8 won with the public vote and so that is that.

Yes there have been many times I have been disappointed with the winners on numerous tv shows so I do get it that Duplic8 will go down as winners that have many viewers not happy with the result unlike previous winners on GtD which is a first where the winners have not been popular with the judges and the ones they want to win. Even Adam was rooting for Dance Illusion and they were on Ashley's team!!

Oh I forgot to say that Lukas was just gorgeous and effortless with his performance. His dancing skills were memorising and just flowed beautifully together. Showing us even more of what he can and done it with ease and grace and just letting us see his love of dance.
    What a dancer and I'm not sure they will find someone on the show again as special as he is. There have been so many gifted dancers over the years and in this series like for instant Kaine but Lukas just has that something extra that makes you want to watch him for hours, well that is what he does for me and I so wished that I had a quarter of his dancing talent.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,675
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So, i find the thread after the show is over.
    Agree with most on here that the winners weren't my favourites at all.
    I think Dance Illusion may have lost out because the judges and Davina spent more time on them and talking about Richard Hamilton etc, and it was as if he was the chosen one, which voters would have picked up on and voted against.
    Was great to see some real quality dancing in the final show, overall the finalists have been better than in previous years, but I am very disappointed at how little we have seen, I used to love watching all the auditions.
    As for if the show will continue - I think it only works with these judges -they could loose one but any more and I don't think it would work, so maybe it will depend on if they want to do it anymore.
  • Options
    dequeendequeen Posts: 1,179
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mr.Daydream reckoned they only got through because they got red stars.

I really hope they don't win, there were far better acts than them who didn't make the top 3.

Don't think them getting red stars had anything to do with it as in previous GtD finals no act that had didn't have at least 2 gold stars in their first performance in the final got into the top three.

And yes they probably were a favoured by most of the judges to win it either but I reckon Ashley wasn't too surprised when Duplic8 won as he could more than likely tell from the screams and cheers of the crowd there.

I believe even if they had managed to get 3 gold stars they would won as they were just popular with a lot of people and obviously voters as they were crowd pleasers from their first audition and it would seem they continued to be.
    So no not a sympathy vote in my eyes even if others thought they weren't the best dance act.
  • Options
    janetcomelatelyjanetcomelately Posts: 7,405
    Forum Member
    dequeen wrote: »

And I am pleased for Tobias who I've seen in a number of tv dance competitions where he's never quite managed to win so it seems it was his time finally.

And while I thought Dance Illusion were a entertaining and original act with their performances, they left me feeling less than impressed with how they responded when Duplic8 were announced as the winners.
    Bitter Harvest were graceful and happy for Duplic8 and went to congratulate them instantly while the camera went onto Dance Illusion and you could see they weren't happy with the result and their clapping for Duplic8 was not genuine in the lease.
    Yes, some may have felt they were robbed of the competition but Duplic8 won with the public vote and so that is that.

Agree totally re Tobias, he showed his talent across a number of styles in The Dirty Dancing show and has persevered and now, 5/6 years later, has achieved a .25 million win.

And also agree re Dance Illusion's reaction. A number were far from gracious, particularly the girls. Having re-watched their performance in slow mo, there were several imperfections.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And also agree re Dance Illusion's reaction. A number were far from gracious, particularly the girls. Having re-watched their performance in slow mo, there were several imperfections.

Still, I guess if (a) you think you're in a dance competition and (b) you're pretty sure that you're better than the group that the public have chosen (which I think was justified in this case), you would be a bit hacked off, and it's difficult to hide your initial reaction. Bitter Harvest were also interested in relaunching their dancing careers through the programme, and they've achieved that result - they will definitely be in demand. If they had won instead of Duplic8, I don't think that Dance Illusion would have reacted so badly.
    I don't see Duplic8 having a long-term career together, but that's often the case with reality shows. The winner crashes and burns, and the real talent goes on to success.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    susie-4964 wrote: »
    Still, I guess if (a) you think you're in a dance competition and (b) you're pretty sure that you're better than the group that the public have chosen (which I think was justified in this case), you would be a bit hacked off, and it's difficult to hide your initial reaction. Bitter Harvest were also interested in relaunching their dancing careers through the programme, and they've achieved that result - they will definitely be in demand. If they had won instead of Duplic8, I don't think that Dance Illusion would have reacted so badly.
    I don't see Duplic8 having a long-term career together, but that's often the case with reality shows. The winner crashes and burns, and the real talent goes on to success.

But that's not really been the case with GTD the winners as far as I know have all been successful in what they've gone on to do as in my opinion they have all been worthy winners!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    natalie77 wrote: »
    But that's not really been the case with GTD the winners as far as I know have all been successful in what they've gone on to do as in my opinion they have all been worthy winners!

Until last night, that is.
  • Options
    xNATILLYxxNATILLYx Posts: 6,509
    Forum Member
    I also found the thread late. Missed last series due to not having sky at the time :( but enjoyed it being back on though i found the new format was a bit boring. Preferred it the old way. Great to have adam back though.
    One thing that drove me mad was kimberley flaunting her pregnancy , i was almost sick. We got it , i knew second she was reunited with davina that would all start,

Anyway my fave 3 were Dance Illusion, Bitter Harvest & Dan-I & Sia. Glad they made the final. The others were all samey & generic to me really. Loved bitter harvest in particular gutted they didn't win. Duplic8 though ok & a win for the lovely adam is brilliant they were the worst of the night. Sympathy/teenie & the kid in the group vote sealed it for them. Not the right result really.

Though all 3 judges are great plus the show feels so credible compared to other shows i cant see it returning for another series. Which would be a shame.
  • Options
    HypnoaliHypnoali Posts: 3,877
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just watched the whole series on catch up, can't believe they won! They were by far the weakest act and the guy came over as desperate. Kaine, Dance Illusion and Bitter Harvest were my preferred top 3. Have a soft spot for boy band too, they were miles better than duplicate.

Despite the public doing their daft voting for the underdog thing this is still my fave talent show by far.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 89
    Forum Member
    So why is the latest series (Series 5) not available ANYWHERE on the Sky on demand system (either online, SkyGo etc.).??

Is there so reason it is not available? All the other series are available online...
  • Options
    SMcginn03SMcginn03 Posts: 112
    Forum Member
    Sky have confirmed Got to dance has been axed after 5 years. Expected after the shameful ratings this year.
  • Options
    walterwhitewalterwhite Posts: 56,966
    Forum Member
    SMcginn03 wrote: »
    Sky have confirmed Got to dance has been axed after 5 years. Expected after the shameful ratings this year.

Their own fault for the ridiculous scheduling and format.
  • Options
    tsotso Posts: 25,860
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sad but not surprised.:(
  • Options
    fredsnailfredsnail Posts: 1,178
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's almost as if they wanted it to fail - the scheduling was all over the place so you only saw them if you were looking for it.

Shame as I have enjoyed all series but sadly not surprised as I struggled to find the episodes last series and came across them by accident.
  • Options
    walterwhitewalterwhite Posts: 56,966
    Forum Member
    fredsnail wrote: »
    It's almost as if they wanted it to fail - the scheduling was all over the place so you only saw them if you were looking for it.

Shame as I have enjoyed all series but sadly not surprised as I struggled to find the episodes last series and came across them by accident.

Couldn't agree with this post more, such a shame.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 89
    Forum Member
    So I wonder does this mean they won't put this series up on Anytime or catch up either then - just I missed episode 1 and can't be found anywhere.
  • Options
    MuggsyMuggsy Posts: 19,251
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Their own fault for the ridiculous scheduling and format.
    fredsnail wrote: »

I completely agree with the above posts.