Comments

• Neu IntentionNeu Intention Posts: 672
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That would make an interesting Xmas reveal - Linda and Dean affair - and then Linda finds out Dean is Mick's brother or half-brother then as well.
  • danyelldanyell Posts: 10,851
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I saw this coming a mile off! Be a good storyline though if it does happen.
  • guestofsethguestofseth Posts: 5,303
    Forum Member
    This is where everyone panics about "another affair", I honestly can't see it reaching that stage. I think the storyline's going to focus on Dean's side of it, he probably sees Linda as the (overly) caring mother, something he never had, and that's where his "infatuation" stems from.

Even with troubles on the horizon for Mick and Linda, I can't see either cheating, neither seem like the type. (Edit: The actors agree with me: http://www.soapsquawk.co.uk/news/danny-dyer-and-kellie-bright-wont-allow-their-characters-to-cheat.php#results, it's not going to happen. Not while DTC's in charge anyway.)
  • thejoyof_patthejoyof_pat Posts: 30,674
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The sight of Danny Dyer in that pink dressing gown has sent shivers down my spine.
  • O-JO-J Posts: 18,805
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't think DTC will mess up the shows new saviour family unit after just 6 months, I read he has had sleepless nights while he was creating them!
  • Sez_babeSez_babe Posts: 133,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    This is where everyone panics about "another affair", I honestly can't see it reaching that stage. I think the storyline's going to focus on Dean's side of it, he probably sees Linda as the (overly) caring mother, something he never had, and that's where his "infatuation" stems from.

Even with troubles on the horizon for Mick and Linda, I can't see either cheating, neither seem like the type. (Edit: The actors agree with me: http://www.soapsquawk.co.uk/news/danny-dyer-and-kellie-bright-wont-allow-their-characters-to-cheat.php#results, it's not going to happen. Not while DTC's in charge anyway.)

BIB: That's exactly what I think.

Maybe they are going down the route of exploring Dean's mental health? He could possibly gain an infatuation with Linda which becomes very unhealthy. Maybe this is how we find out more about what's happened to him in the last 6 years and in prison.

I also love the hat :D
  • _elly001_elly001 Posts: 11,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I agree with this, and it's something I predicted might happen even before Dean came into it. Of course his feelings could be sexual but I think it's far more likely to be along the lines of Dean seeing Linda as the mother figure he never had. His comment to Johnny where he said that he was lucky to have Linda was very telling, I thought.

In any case, even if Dean does try something on I'm sure Linda will be horrified and reject him outright, leading to Dean getting ever more bitter and twisted about the Carters.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    _elly001 wrote: »
    I agree with this, and it's something I predicted might happen even before Dean came into it. Of course his feelings could be sexual but I think it's far more likely to be along the lines of Dean seeing Linda as the mother figure he never had. His comment to Johnny where he said that he was lucky to have Linda was very telling, I thought.

In any case, even if Dean does try something on I'm sure Linda will be horrified and reject him outright, leading to Dean getting ever more bitter and twisted about the Carters.

I agree.
  • Sez_babeSez_babe Posts: 133,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't think DTC would want Dean to turn into a villain, so I think that whatever happens, it will lead us to finding out more about how he's feeling and everything he's trying to keep bottled up.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 503
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't think theres going to be an affair. I do, however, think Dean is going to become obsessed, and thats the story their going to run with here.
  • StrictlyEastendStrictlyEastend Posts: 35,455
    Forum Member
    I reaaaaaaaaalllllyyyyy don't want this to occur!
  • TimWil014TimWil014 Posts: 487
    Forum Member
    I called this over a month ago in a thread (Dean and Aunty Linda?) and many of you dismissed it. It looks like I was right, after all. Heh.
  • Hit Em Up StyleHit Em Up Style Posts: 12,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I will be gutted if Linda has an affair. Mick and Linda should be the one stable couple on the show. I hope its more of a case Dean becoming infatuated with her and she rejects him. However there is a Carter secret being revealed next week and I think Dean is going to blackmail Linda over it. Just a hunch.
  • SuperAPJSuperAPJ Posts: 10,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    As Shirley is played by a Linda, I got confused reading this and was thinking "His own mother??", wondering why everyone in this thread seemed fine with the idea! Ha ha!
  • LaurawhittzLaurawhittz Posts: 873
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SuperAPJ wrote: »
    As Shirley is played by a Linda, I got confused reading this and was thinking "His own mother??", wondering why everyone in this thread seemed fine with the idea! Ha ha!

So glad it wasn't just me that got confused!