Current Series of Masterchef Australia

mooselovermooselover Posts: 156
Forum Member
Is anybody watching the current series? Is it better than the last one?

I loved the previous series' but got so fed up with the last one, I did not even bother watching the last 2 weeks when it was shown here.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 51
    Forum Member
    mooselover wrote: »
    Is anybody watching the current series? Is it better than the last one?

I loved the previous series' but got so fed up with the last one, I did not even bother watching the last 2 weeks when it was shown here.

The last season was horrible, you're right. But, I'm watching this season and it's FANASTIC! :)

The level of cooking is very high, as the show decided to go for talented cooks instead of bizarre personalities. They also have fewer team challenges, so the individual skills are highlighted.

Currently, the show is down to the final 8 and all the cooks are great. I can't see any clear winner.

I live in America so, I have to watch it via one of the "usual" online sites.

Here is a podcast with one of the contestants (there are no major spoilers) and it provides lots of behind-the-scenes information from a contestant point of view, skills tests, etc.

http://www.mediaweekpodcasts.com/masterchef-australia-2014-renae-smith/

Enjoy! :D
  • MagpieMaisieMagpieMaisie Posts: 2,241
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I second that. This series is AWESOME! The cookery standard is a thousand times better than previous series (especially the last one!), there are some new challenge formats, the contestants are generally likeable.... can't wait for it to hit the UK screens for everyone to share!
  • shelleyj89shelleyj89 Posts: 16,292
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I decided to start watching it recently as I couldn't wait for it to be on over here. I'm about two thirds in I think? Can't remember how many are left where I'm up to, but I know I've not reached the top ten stage yet. I'm loving it!! The standard right from the start has been excellent.
  • triton333triton333 Posts: 1,638
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The finale was on Monday night, so MCA is all over for another year. Great series. Last year was an aberration. Avoid Aus news sites if you don't want spoilers.
  • shelleyj89shelleyj89 Posts: 16,292
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    triton333 wrote: »
    The finale was on Monday night, so MCA is all over for another year. Great series. Last year was an aberration. Avoid Aus news sites if you don't want spoilers.

I forgot that I follow Lynton and Dan from last year on Twitter, and they tweeted about the winner. It will still be interesting to see who finished where though.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 744
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've muted the hashtag and somehow have been able to avoid finding out who wins. Though I've noticed seasons in odd numbers are won by women, seasons in even numbers are won by men. Will be very interested to see if season 6 follows that!

My colleague who's just moved to Australia watched this season after I've raved about it. She's now completely hooked, and assured me, it's an amazing seires. Looking forward to it finally airing on Watch this summer!
  • coolmum123coolmum123 Posts: 1,467
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Does anyone know if we have the airing date for the new season here in UK? Don't want to miss a single episode!!! :)
  • andallthatjazzandallthatjazz Posts: 6,413
    Forum Member
    coolmum123 wrote: »
    Does anyone know if we have the airing date for the new season here in UK? Don't want to miss a single episode!!! :)

No exact date yet but Masterchef Australia Series 6 will be on Watch in September so keep an eye either on Watch website or Twitter.
  • calico_piecalico_pie Posts: 10,060
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sunday 14th Sep, 6:30.

Does anyone know if they went back to having some earlier rounds to whittle it down to the final 24? Felt a bit rushed going in to the top 22 last year.
  • susziesuszie Posts: 119
    Forum Member
    A little bit about series 6 is on the watch website.
  • triton333triton333 Posts: 1,638
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    calico_pie wrote: »
    Sunday 14th Sep, 6:30.

Does anyone know if they went back to having some earlier rounds to whittle it down to the final 24? Felt a bit rushed going in to the top 22 last year.

Yes, they had auditions to select the top 24, though from memory they got through that faster than past seasons when they had auditions.

A suggestion: "Current season of Masterchef Australia" is not the best thread title, since the thread will be here forever but it won't be "current" for long. For searching and for the historical record a more descriptive title would be better.