Options

Corrie Needs A New Bitch/Loving Yasmeen Thread

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,163
Forum Member
✭✭✭
It's occurred to me, not suddenly, that Tracy Barlow is not typical soap bitch given her comedic edge to her and the way she's been portrayed over recent years. Carla, notably Corrie's bitch for a few years, needs some other rivalry as opposed to Leanne. So there just needs to be a new hard nosed, female bitch swanning around the cobbles causing trouble for men and threatening women. I would say someone in their late 20's/early 30's so it gives them a lot of time to be on the show as the same bitch and chances to leave and return.
On the other hand, there needs to be more high drama, and this is definitely increasing as summer approaches with Jim and Peter, Carla, Liz and Tony.
Lastly, judging on Roy and Yasmeen's argument, I've taken a like to Yasmeen-she seems perfect for Corrie and represents a strong woman! Love it!

Comments

• Options
    SMIDSYmk2SMIDSYmk2 Posts: 7,806
    Forum Member
    I cant stand her.
    Played by a weak actress as well
  • Options
    vaslav37vaslav37 Posts: 69,552
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SMIDSYmk2 wrote: »
    I cant stand her.
    Played by a weak actress as well

Shelley King who plays her is quite well known.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    vaslav37 wrote: »
    Shelley King who plays her is quite well known.

Yeah, that's true.
    I'm glad she was got involved with Roy as opposed to her inevitable family.
  • Options
    smurklesmurkle Posts: 378
    Forum Member
    Tracey is brilliant

Cant stand Yasmeen tho
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yasmeen has started to annoy me now lol.
  • Options
    Sick BulletSick Bullet Posts: 20,770
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Annoying get rid.
  • Options
    dd68dd68 Posts: 17,841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm liking Yasmeen
  • Options
    barlowconnorbarlowconnor Posts: 38,120
    Forum Member
    I like Yasmeen just away from that awful library story.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think Yasmeen has potential. Plus she can act to an extent. She isn't that bad if she's given small stories surrounding her and her family
  • Options
    srhgtssrhgts Posts: 8,939
    Forum Member
    Awful character. I was expecting to love the library story, and... well, it was dreadful. Largely because of her.
  • Options
    sorrentosorrento Posts: 1,857
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kazza81 wrote: »
    I think Yasmeen has potential. Plus she can act to an extent. She isn't that bad if she's given small stories surrounding her and her family

I was going to say the same thing....at the moment she is just annoying ...but you can see the potential ...some times it can take quite awhile for a new a new character to settle in and get accepted.....I think Rob is a good example of this.. a lot of people hated him at the beginning me included and now I will be so sorry when he leaves ..
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,163
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She needs a good old fashioned kicking in my opinion.

Who the blazes does she think she is?
    Mithering Roy and taking over his cafe, turning it into a library and acting like she owns the gaff, when she's never spent so much as a brass farthing in there.

Bloody brass neck of the woman.

Somebody needs to teach the old sow a few basic manners by booting her all round the cobbles.
  • Options
    callumfreemancallumfreeman Posts: 12,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She needs a good old fashioned kicking in my opinion.

Who the blazes does she think she is?
    Mithering Roy and taking over his cafe, turning it into a library and acting like she owns the gaff, when she's never spent so much as a brass farthing in there.

Bloody brass neck of the woman.

Somebody needs to teach the old sow a few basic manners by booting her all round the cobbles.

Couldn't put it better myself. Why is Roy paired up with such irritating characters? Foghorn Yasmeen and whiny Fiz. who both keep forcing themselves into his life and trying to dominate him. What has he done to deserve it? Perhaps he should consider serving Hayley's cocktail up to them both.
  • Options
    MaksonMakson Posts: 30,484
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Since when was Carla ever the resident bitch?!:confused:
    She can be hard-nosed and bossy, but she's never been vindictive or callous like all soap bitches tend to be.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Makson wrote: »
    She can be hard-nosed and bossy, but she's never been vindictive or callous like all soap bitches tend to be.

Well I'm talking about years ago when she was involved in the liam/Maria plot, where she was very vindictive and bitchy. Now she isn't that type of person, and a bit toned down.
    Corrie needs a new bitch fast !
  • Options
    MyBeautifulHairMyBeautifulHair Posts: 743
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can't stand the sight of her. She's the worst of a bad lot, the whole family can go, that'd suit me fine. I'd like her slimy husband to maybe have an affair with Eileen and the self-absorbed old harridan can go screeching back to where she came from.
  • Options
    Forum Member

I've always found her to be an absolute bitch and entirely callous.
  • Options
    MaksonMakson Posts: 30,484
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    srhgts wrote: »
    I've always found her to be an absolute bitch and entirely callous.

I've always found her to be misunderstood with a constant air of loneliness and sadness around her:(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I've always found her to be misunderstood with a constant air of loneliness and sadness around her:(

Fair enough, of course characters are open to many interpretations. I just don't find her sympathetic at all, she's usually always making nasty comments or stealing someone's husband.
  • Options
    ewoodieewoodie Posts: 26,757
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Double post
  • Options
    ewoodieewoodie Posts: 26,757
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Makson

I find Carla to be a bitch sometimes, yet still have a constant air of loneliness and sadness around her. And for some reason she is still a likeable character.
  • Options
    jsmith99jsmith99 Posts: 20,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I just assumed she was constipated.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like seeing Carla bitchy, as opposed to her new softer side. Though now she fits in with the cast of corrie. When she arrived in 06, it seemed she was always going somewhere and had big plans
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Kazza81 wrote: »
    I like seeing Carla bitchy, as opposed to her new softer side. Though now she fits in with the cast of corrie. When she arrived in 06, it seemed she was always going somewhere and had big plans

Softer side? :confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    srhgts wrote: »
    Softer side? :confused:

Her involvement with Hayley's death and the fact that she's more conscious of others