Options

Which contestant got thrown under the bus the most by X Factor Producers?

xfactorisgr8xfactorisgr8 Posts: 20,366
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Only include people who got to the live shows please :).

For me it has to be Nikita who was in Leona's year, she had an excellent voice with so much raw emotion in it yet when it came to the live shows she was completely bused with ridiculous song choices and lukewarm praise from the judges. I think she would have been a finalist in any other year but because Leona was in the show they decided to do everything in their power to get rid of Nikita.

Comments

• Options
    lewismacflewismacf Posts: 14,666
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sophie from little Mixes year I loved her but they didn't
  • Options
    felpcalibasfelpcalibas Posts: 5,547
    Forum Member
    Sophie and Misha
  • Options
    DandemDandem Posts: 13,368
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Janet Devlin.

They just couldn't wait to eliminate her when she made her first appearance in the bottom 2 against Misha B (who was making her 3rd appearance there). Not to mention Janet got stuck with some horrific song choices ("Mmmbop"...really?)
  • Options
    EvilLlamaThingyEvilLlamaThingy Posts: 6,667
    Forum Member
    Wagner I guess. I really wasn't a fan at all at the time, but the fact that someone could write an article detailing 20 reasons Wagner was screwed over the night he went home says everything.

Lol at anyone who says Misha.
  • Options
    spindiddlyspindiddly Posts: 4,975
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Amelia Lily.

Given a horrendous makeover, shoved on first in week 1 with a dreadful song choice and booted off by her mentor in a stupid twist.

Fortunately she got a second chance.

Agree about Nikitta too.
  • Options
    NamiraNamira Posts: 3,099
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dandem wrote: »
    Janet Devlin.

They just couldn't wait to eliminate her when she made her first appearance in the bottom 2 against Misha B (who was making her 3rd appearance there). Not to mention Janet got stuck with some horrific song choices ("Mmmbop"...really?)

Agreed. Didn't like Janet but she was royally screwed over. She was killing it in the votes and the judges were all over her, all of a sudden she loses a few words in Mmmbop (the fact that she was even given this song rung alarm bells with me) and it's blanket criticism from the judges and out of the competition against someone who was at the last chance saloon as far as bottom 2 appearances go.

Also Craig Colton. He was clearly unhappy with his duff song choice and even said he thought he was going home.
  • Options
    FiercefanaticFiercefanatic Posts: 3,580
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Definitely Lorna Simpson.

She had 20 seconds of her room audition shown, didn't get any of her arena audition shown, then we were properly introduced to her at bootcamp, then got a 1 minute segment @ judges houses, then was given a Whitney song and was criticised for being a Whitney copycat (a.k.a for being a black woman singing a Whitney song), then didn't get her numbers scroll across the bottom of the screen during the flashvote, then got the fewest overnight votes and was against the token joke/novelty act, and then was sent home after her mentor refused to vote, meaning the novelty act outlasted her!

I felt really bad for her :( I remember in an interview she said she would invite friends and family round every week, waiting for her audition to get shown and it never did, and then becoming one of the most forgettable first boots in XF history :(
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,903
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is there any debate on this. Surely Christopher Maloney got the worst treatment by production (probably deserved but still...) He was treated horrendously by the show, production, hosts, judges and fellow contestants.
  • Options
    Master OzzyMaster Ozzy Posts: 18,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It was without a doubt Nikitta. When Simon saw Leona he saw pound signs, so Nikitta got thrown under the bus completely. It was shocking how Leona would come out every week with the perfect song choice, followed by Nikitta with absolutely awful song choices. He wanted rid. It was awful.
  • Options
    earldbestearldbest Posts: 3,894
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The smoothest thrown-under-the-bus moments were (from memory)...

Jamie Archer (series 6, week 6)
    Aiden Grimshaw (series 7, week 6)
    Wagner (series 7, week 8)
    Sophie Habibis (series 8, week 4)
    Abi Alton (series 10, week 5)

Others were rough and can't quite be called as such imho.
  • Options
    Patti-AnnPatti-Ann Posts: 22,747
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree about Jamie, first one on, the way they curled his hair (and Cheryl saying she didn't like it), and the song choice (Radio Gaga - 'The Show Must Go On' suited him much better) :(
  • Options
    StubeStube Posts: 16,834
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Janet - she clearly didn't want to play ball with the producers so then came her way negative comments from the judges, poor song choices and constantly terrible performing slots.

Amelia Lily also because she would've probably won if she wasn't eliminated and then "unfairly" reinstated half way through the live shows.
  • Options
    StubeStube Posts: 16,834
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Also anyone saying Misha B is deluded. She was struggling in the voting from the start. The producers/Tulisa did her a favour! Making a "harsh" claim against her and then apparently regretting it for weeks afterwards was the judges justification for saving her every time she fell into the bottom two! Without that excuse, it'd look ridiculous and like favouritism saving her each time. I don't know why people still haven't realised this.
  • Options
    VolVol Posts: 2,393
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Surprised no one mentioned Nicholas from last year. A look at the voting results shows that after the week where he topped the vote he received generally dire song choices, undesirable slots and forgettable feedback for the rest of the competition. I can't blame them for being scared of another Leon Jackson type winner, but this sabotage job was about as subtle as a sledgehammer.
  • Options
    wise-upwise-up Posts: 2,023
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Stube wrote: »
    Janet - she clearly didn't want to play ball with the producers so then came her way negative comments from the judges, poor song choices and constantly terrible performing slots.

Amelia Lily also because she would've probably won if she wasn't eliminated and then "unfairly" reinstated half way through the live shows.

Janet Peaked too early so would not have won anyway. She may have got to 4th like Diana and danyl.

Amelia may have got to 2nd but I still think little mix would have won anyway. As well as being talented they had the whole journey story of being favourite to leave to being the first group in the final.

As for mischa, I don't think misha would have gotten any further even if Tulisa hadn't said that. She was too niche and would only have appealed to fans of her genre unless she completely got rid of the rapping which would have alienated the people she needed to appeal to. She also wasn't particularly warm or likeable.
  • Options
    MrsWatermelonMrsWatermelon Posts: 3,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    spindiddly wrote: »
    Amelia Lily.

Given a horrendous makeover, shoved on first in week 1 with a dreadful song choice and booted off by her mentor in a stupid twist..

Yeah, got to agree with this. Unlike many of the others being mentioned in the thread, Amelia had a REAL chance at commercial success and shouldn't have been booted off for the sake of drama.
  • Options
    elasticloveelasticlove Posts: 18,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kitty Brucknell
  • Options
    lewismacflewismacf Posts: 14,666
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What about Lucie Jones how dare Simon who didn't like Jedward put them in over her
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Misha B is a TERRIBLE example. They practically dragged her into the semis.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lewismacf wrote: »
    What about Lucie Jones how dare Simon who didn't like Jedward put them in over her

Can't remember that clearly, but iirc it was less "thrown-under-the-bus" and more "she-was-fizzling-so-sayonara."
  • Options
    21stCenturyBoy21stCenturyBoy Posts: 44,507
    Forum Member
    Treyc- Given consistently outdated songs that had been performed ad nauseum on X Factor (Purple Rain, Relight My Fire, Don't Wanna Miss A Thing), given terrible, long shot camera angles that made it impossible to form a convection with her and eventually eliminated in a vote where her mentor refused to take it to deadlock (but still refused to vote at all!)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,415
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Vol wrote: »
    Surprised no one mentioned Nicholas from last year. A look at the voting results shows that after the week where he topped the vote he received generally dire song choices, undesirable slots and forgettable feedback for the rest of the competition. I can't blame them for being scared of another Leon Jackson type winner, but this sabotage job was about as subtle as a sledgehammer.

I disagree, Luke was given awful slots and when he was making his mark towards the end as a unique artist- in the week before the final when song choices are most flexible to really showcase the contestants- they pull out the most limiting themes of Elton John and Beyonce? Luke was always more at a disadvantage than Nicholas
  • Options
    elasticloveelasticlove Posts: 18,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Treyc- Given consistently outdated songs that had been performed ad nauseum on X Factor (Purple Rain, Relight My Fire, Don't Wanna Miss A Thing), given terrible, long shot camera angles that made it impossible to form a convection with her and eventually eliminated in a vote where her mentor refused to take it to deadlock (but still refused to vote at all!)

Poor Treyc :( Probably my favourite contestant ever
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    I'd say Miss Dynamix. I think it was obvious from the moment SeSe announced she was pregnant that the producers wanted them out.

Like someone said about Misha, I'd say she was pushed to the semi-final rather than thrown under the bus.
  • Options
    scratchy23scratchy23 Posts: 3,675
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Christopher Maloney by a long way, I think they really regretted making the phone lines open all the way through the show that year cos it made it MUCH harder for them to manipulate it for him to leave. As a result, they used every nasty tactic to get him out - crap, bland song choices, judges being absolutely VILE to him, stories coming out in the press left right and centre about how awful he was as a person... his head was on the line the whole way through, and I bet they were SHITTING themselves that he was absolutely smashing the vote every single week.

District 3 were treated awfully that year too.

Other ones that spring to mind: Janet Devlin, Abi Alton, Belle Amie...