Series 7 Spoilers & Information Beginning to Come In

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 666
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Any ideas as to when filming finishes for series 7? I was just thinking about the time scale for filming something for the 50th. Matt Smith, Moffat and the team are incredibly hard working, it must be almost non-stop Who work for over year! :eek:
  • CorwinCorwin Posts: 16,588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dizx wrote: »
    Any ideas as to when filming finishes for series 7? I was just thinking about the time scale for filming something for the 50th. Matt Smith, Moffat and the team are incredibly hard working, it must be almost non-stop Who work for over year! :eek:
    It was initially reported that they would be filming till December this year.
    If this is just Series 7 or Series 7 plus a Special or two remains to be seen ( I believe the overall length of filming is a bit longer than previous production runs that created 14 episodes so it may be the latter).

There will also be more filming early next year, how much of a break between the current filming and that also remains to be seen (could just be a few weeks off over Christmas or maybe a month or two).
  • Shawn_LunnShawn_Lunn Posts: 9,353
    Forum Member
    Matt's filming in a particular outfit again ...

http://i48.tinypic.com/qqob4n.jpg
  • AirboraeAirborae Posts: 2,644
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wonder if they're working over the Olympics. I can just imagine Matt Smith watching the Judo in between takes:)...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6
    Forum Member
    Shawn_Lunn wrote: »
    Subscribers should be getting the new DWM tomorrow (everyone else Thursday), so maybe the magazine will confirm an airdate for Series 7 or give us some bit of information that we didn't know about.

thought it was common knowledge it was august 25th?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6
    Forum Member
    Reading GB, this is correct. Matt Smith has said that Moffat has done the Daleks up a bit. He also said that he didn't feel the Daleks were scripted well in Victory of the Daleks, but that Moffat has fixed that in the script for episode 1.

And if it hasn't been mentioned here yet, DWTV seems to think that next year's schedule is episodes 7-14 of series 7 followed by multiple anniversary specials.

he said the daleks werent scripted well.

Rubbish, cant believe he said that.
  • CD93CD93 Posts: 13,939
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Mr. Smith clearly forgot he isn't entitled to an opinion.
    Forum Member
    thought it was common knowledge it was august 25th?

Not really. The BBC are releasing a trailer for Series 7 on August 2nd, maybe a date will be confirmed in it.

I do think it will return August 25th though.
  • snakecharmer37snakecharmer37 Posts: 296
    Forum Member

Matt Smith coming out with an opinion of his own? Surely not. I didn't think people were allowed to do that in this day and age.
  • Whovian1109Whovian1109 Posts: 1,812
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Maybe that's because "Victory" WAS poorly scripted :rolleyes:

Hey if I can think it, so can Matt.
    Forum Member
    Matt Smith coming out with an opinion of his own? Surely not. I didn't think people were allowed to do that in this day and age.

He's entitled to his opinion as everyone else is.
  • Whovian1109Whovian1109 Posts: 1,812
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shawn_Lunn wrote: »
    He's entitled to his opinion as everyone else is.

I think snakecharmer was being sarcastic :p
  • steven1977steven1977 Posts: 3,968
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fire Host wrote: »
    Erm, what? Source please.

Steven Moffatt said ages ago he wanted a Doctor Who story to broadcast on Doctor Who's birthday in November 2013 but he was unsure if fans would accept it.

So he decided to split the season last year to see how well it would be recieved. Positive feed came back so hes doing it again this year which is why we didnt get the start till aug/sept time. When next year arrives we will get a story on the saturday of the anniversary.

Im not going to search out when he said it because it was about 2 years ago when he said.
  • snakecharmer37snakecharmer37 Posts: 296
    Forum Member
    I think snakecharmer was being sarcastic :p
    I was :D
  • guestofsethguestofseth Posts: 5,303
    Forum Member
    The trailer will probably just say coming soon, the air date won't be confirmed until around 2 weeks before when schedules for that week are confirmed, BBC rarely, if ever, announce exact air dates before then.
  • codename_47codename_47 Posts: 9,682
    Forum Member
    Exciting times in September then, New Doctor Who and New Red Dwarf running side by side for perhaps the first time ever!

What a treat for british Sci-Fi fans :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 509
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I know it sounds stupid, but do we know if all the episodes are the normal 45 minutes long? For series 5 the opener was an hour (although it was a new Doctor and a new companion) and last year was a two-part opener. I'll be a little surprised if Asylum is 'just' 45 minutes.
  • AirboraeAirborae Posts: 2,644
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know it sounds stupid, but do we know if all the episodes are the normal 45 minutes long? For series 5 the opener was an hour (although it was a new Doctor and a new companion) and last year was a two-part opener. I'll be a little surprised if Asylum is 'just' 45 minutes.

I think it is just 45 minutes, like all the episodes. Shame really, but maybe the proposed Anniversary specials are going to be longer. I hope if there is an Anniversary special episode it will be at least 90mins to 105mins. Better yet - 2 hours!
  • tomwozheretomwozhere Posts: 1,081
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    To be honest I think Matt is more entitled to an opinion than we are. If he's working with something he doesn't think is very good, he probably won't perform as well as he could.
    But there is a chance Suzie_Granville was joking.
  • CorwinCorwin Posts: 16,588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well the Series 7 episodes have been described by the BBC as Fourteen big, blockbuster – movie episodes – which many people have suggested may mean they are longer than normal episodes.

They are also seemingly* taking longer to film 14 episodes than they have in the past which could be explained by each episode being an hour long (the equivalent of four more 45 min episodes).

*The extra time may of course mean something else such as they are filming more than 14 episodes or have decided to work slower than previously.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 509
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Doctor Who TV, bless their cotton socks, have some hints for Asylum, Dinosaurs, and Cubed, all from DW Magazine.

http://doctorwhotv.co.uk/series-7-daleks-dinosaurs-cubed-hints-36600.htm

Most interesting, I found, were the hints for Episode 1. The Daleks conquering planets en masse, perhaps? Maybe a return to Skaro? (The Paradigm Daleks already tried to recover Skaro in an episode of the Adventure Games, but nevermind that).

Also, the Paradigm Daleks have 'had some work done on them'. Interesting... removal of the hump, perhaps? Or less gaudy colours?
  • CD93CD93 Posts: 13,939
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You see, what I really love about Victory of the Daleks is how the Daleks actually achieved something and got away with it. They could have been doing anything in this time to build themselves up again.

Hopefully they won't all be blown up in episode 1 :p

Having them come back - wiped out - come back - wiped out - come back - wiped out in earlier series made them all rather useless.
  • davrosdodebirddavrosdodebird Posts: 8,692
    Forum Member
    Doctor Who TV, bless their cotton socks, have some hints for Asylum, Dinosaurs, and Cubed, all from DW Magazine.

http://doctorwhotv.co.uk/series-7-daleks-dinosaurs-cubed-hints-36600.htm

Most interesting, I found, were the hints for Episode 1. The Daleks conquering planets en masse, perhaps? Maybe a return to Skaro? (The Paradigm Daleks already tried to recover Skaro in an episode of the Adventure Games, but nevermind that).

Also, the Paradigm Daleks have 'had some work done on them'. Interesting... removal of the hump, perhaps? Or less gaudy colours?

According to Gallifrey Base, the hump has been reduced and they have had a paint job.
  • steven1977steven1977 Posts: 3,968
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I want to see the special weapons dalek back to destroy them.

It would be a amazing story if all these daleks were fighting each other and the doctor was caught in the middle or would it be too similar to remembrance?
  • davrosdodebirddavrosdodebird Posts: 8,692
    Forum Member
    Benjamin Cook tweeted:
    I'm in Cardiff, on the set of Dr Who. SPOILER WARNING! Some of you are now upset that I truncated the word "Doctor". Well, get over it!
This discussion has been closed.