stairwaystairway Posts: 1,500
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Katie Price wins Mum of the Year

Just a minute..........................Nope, it's not April 1st
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 223
    Forum Member
    Well, she did only 'win' it by default. Foxy Bingo didn't think she was so great in the first analysis, when they gave it to Stacey.

But just how, FGS, can they strip the award from wholesome, clean-living Stacey (who is a great mum to Zach), just for having a crafty **** (albeit I am anti-smoking) and then give it to....JORDAN?! :eek:

Jordan has done FAR worse things when pregnant - especially with Harvey - falling out of clubs lagging drunk, exposing herself, God knows what. She is an absolute disgrace.

Add to which, she is totally obsessed with HERSELF. She puts herself first always. Everything is "Me, me, me" - never the kids.

She is just the worst possible example of 'celebrity' motherhood. Foxy Bingo have made themselves look like right idiots.
  • Options
    aggielaneaggielane Posts: 5,356
    Forum Member
    Loulou65 wrote: »
    Well, she did only 'win' it by default. Foxy Bingo didn't think she was so great in the first analysis, when they gave it to Stacey.

But just how, FGS, can they strip the award from wholesome, clean-living Stacey (who is a great mum to Zach), just for having a crafty **** (albeit I am anti-smoking) and then give it to....JORDAN?! :eek:

Jordan has done FAR worse things when pregnant - especially with Harvey - falling out of clubs lagging drunk, exposing herself, God knows what. She is an absolute disgrace.

Add to which, she is totally obsessed with HERSELF. She puts herself first always. Everything is "Me, me, me" - never the kids.

She is just the worst possible example of 'celebrity' motherhood. Foxy Bingo have made themselves look like right idiots.
    How did she win by default? Stacey was stripped of last years MOTY not this years. Stacey was removed from the voting for this years MOTY before the voting was over so how was she the winner?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,114
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Loulou65 wrote: »

Stacey was stripped of the 2011 title, I think??? Foxy bingo are in this to generate publicity, but they could have left Stacey until the end of her "reign".

Every nominee for this "title" will have their fans and their critics. Katie probably has the largest fanbase of the group and won, which I think is wonderful for her and the kids.

How lucky are these children, to have two parents who are perceived by the public to be great parents.
  • Options
    Goldbear86Goldbear86 Posts: 1,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Goldbear
    I know the thread isn't about Peter but others have compared their parenting skills. So I thought I would point out they are both the same. As for going on holiday whilst the children stay at home. So has the other parent yet none of you Andre defenders appear to say anything about.
    I find the constant abuse of someone you or I don't really know strange.
    I think they are both good parents and I don't have a problem with either of them having nannies. In their line of work they do not work 9 - 5 so need a good support network around them.

I'm not an Andre defender- by any means- I cant stand him as my post history shows.

I do think though that people are quite rightfully going WTF when Jordan- wins mum of the year and who can blame them.
  • Options
    Betty BritainBetty Britain Posts: 13,721
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Goldbear
    Firstly as I'm new I assumed (wrongly sorry) you were one of those who see every fault in Katie Price but none in Peter Andre . Neither is perfect.
    But none of us truly know what kind of parent either of them are so how can we possibly pass judgement. I would hate for people to do the same to me . None of us are perfect and there is no guidebook on how to be a great mum or dad. Some things I do others may not like. I have a night out on occasion and yes I've got drunk and made a fool of myself. I am after all human. So are they.
    I really don't understand how some on here act like they know either of them by watching a very edited tv show
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,510
    Forum Member
    should have been Denise Van Outen
  • Options
    Goldbear86Goldbear86 Posts: 1,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Goldbear
    Firstly as I'm new I assumed (wrongly sorry) you were one of those who see every fault in Katie Price but none in Peter Andre . Neither is perfect.
    But none of us truly know what kind of parent either of them are so how can we possibly pass judgement. I would hate for people to do the same to me . None of us are perfect and there is no guidebook on how to be a great mum or dad. Some things I do others may not like. I have a night out on occasion and yes I've got drunk and made a fool of myself. I am after all human. So are they.
    I really don't understand how some on here act like they know either of them by watching a very edited tv show

You are right- however I base my opinion on Jordan (and Peter's when necessary) on their behaviour.

For example Jordan going out and getting blind drunk whilst pregnant with Harvey- threatening to give birth live on the internet, when the poor boy is diagnosed with various health conditions, she gives interviews to magazines revealing way to much information that I cant imagine any decent Mum doing. For example one headline in front of a magazine was "Doctors say Harvey may die" Another was "Harvey hits me" "Harvey is still in nappies" The latter being particularly cruel I thought to the boy as thats his personal business and he doesnt need his own Mother telling the world that for a fast buck.

Then of course theres the encouraging Harvey to swear whilst being filmed for the tv show- (course this was a joint thing between Jordan and PA to be fair, ditto the simulating sex in front of the children) The way she used to use her children all the time in photoshoots until it suited her otherwise - mainly to score points with her ex.

Then theres the break up of her marriage- imagine being one of the poor children, your parents have just separated and your mum goes off on a jolly to Ibiza where she acts like a slapper whilst threatening to cut people. Nothing wrong with letting your hair down after a break up but Jordan has 3 children to think about, their needs should have come first not her own selfish ones to prove that she still "has it"

Enter Alex not long after the separation, within months shes married him - again not even telling her children until after the event and imagine that they have split before they even get to the first wedding anniversary and of course is soon replaced by another, cue Jordan on more holidays with the latest "man of her dreams"
    Who is looking after her kids again? The same person/people who looks after them when she flies to the other side of the world to get her teeth done/botox/hair extensions.

I'm sorry but that is not "mum of the year" That is the behaviour of a selfish woman who puts herself number one all the time and the needs of her children second.
  • Options
    lozengerlozenger Posts: 4,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Goldbear

I don't really care much about either of them's parenting - however I vehemently defend my right to have an opinion the same as everyone else's - otherwise there would be no showbiz section for us to discuss celebs if we stuck to talking only about people we know... wouldn't that be fun...

My mate Louise is having a terrible break up and kids are getting a really rough deal from both parents, we can discuss that if you like as I personally know all the ins and outs.

Katie has just won a high profile celebrity award based on her parenting - I don't get why people are not allowed to comment just because you don't like what they say.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If you wish to broadcast your friends personal business then go ahead.But I'm not interested as I don't think it's right to Judge someone I don't personally know.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If you wish to broadcast your friends personal business then go ahead.But I'm not interested as I don't think it's right to Judge someone I don't personally know.Plus I don't think your friend would appreciate us all knowing her situation.. Do you?

you thought I was serious?

I was making a point that there wouldn't be a showbiz section if we stuck to discussing people we know

I don't actually have a friend called Louise
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't take any comments on here seriously...
    We are all keyboard warriors who think our opinion is right.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In that case she should hand back the award as Foxy have judged her to be a good parent when they clearly have no right to.
  • Options
    Tudor6222Tudor6222 Posts: 992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Goldbear86 wrote: »
    You are right- however I base my opinion on Jordan (and Peter's when necessary) on their behaviour.

For example Jordan going out and getting blind drunk whilst pregnant with Harvey- threatening to give birth live on the internet, when the poor boy is diagnosed with various health conditions, she gives interviews to magazines revealing way to much information that I cant imagine any decent Mum doing. For example one headline in front of a magazine was "Doctors say Harvey may die" Another was "Harvey hits me" "Harvey is still in nappies" The latter being particularly cruel I thought to the boy as thats his personal business and he doesnt need his own Mother telling the world that for a fast buck.

Then of course theres the encouraging Harvey to swear whilst being filmed for the tv show- (course this was a joint thing between Jordan and PA to be fair, ditto the simulating sex in front of the children) The way she used to use her children all the time in photoshoots until it suited her otherwise - mainly to score points with her ex.

Then theres the break up of her marriage- imagine being one of the poor children, your parents have just separated and your mum goes off on a jolly to Ibiza where she acts like a slapper whilst threatening to cut people. Nothing wrong with letting your hair down after a break up but Jordan has 3 children to think about, their needs should have come first not her own selfish ones to prove that she still "has it"

Enter Alex not long after the separation, within months shes married him - again not even telling her children until after the event and imagine that they have split before they even get to the first wedding anniversary and of course is soon replaced by another, cue Jordan on more holidays with the latest "man of her dreams"
    Who is looking after her kids again? The same person/people who looks after them when she flies to the other side of the world to get her teeth done/botox/hair extensions.

I'm sorry but that is not "mum of the year" That is the behaviour of a selfish woman who puts herself number one all the time and the needs of her children second.

Agree with you completely Goldbear. :)

She's a very selfish woman whose own needs and wants come a long way before those of her kids. It's all well and good saying 'but you don't know her', but we see her life all over the TV and newspapers. If she doesn't want publicity, she should get to hell out of the public eye. That'll never happen though, she needs to be in the media because publicity - even bad publicity - is her raison d'etre.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Fox. Info didn't award her the MOTY award ... The PUBLIC did.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fox. Info didn't award her the MOTY award ... The PUBLIC did.

Sigh.... it doesn't matter who awarded it - they made a judgement and I'm trying to point out the irony in your argument.

If you are saying nobody is qualified to judge unless they personally know somebody then there shouldn't be an award at all?

Or are only positive judgements allowed?
  • Options
    D*****D***** Posts: 3,584
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You just couldn't make it up :D:D
  • Options
    milliejomilliejo Posts: 2,230
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would respect her more as a mother of a disabled child if she did more to fight for others. She could be a real voice for the plight of disabled children who are going to be seriously hit by government cuts and the cuts to the NHS but she doesn't know or care outside of her own world. She loves the publicity for it and everytime she talks about Harvey in OK magazine she gets huge amounts of money.

Somebody mentioned The Queen, she was not the greatest of mother's, she was detached and it shows. All her children have been much more involved in the upbringing of their own children even when divorced. The key to having nannies is that you still have to have quality time with your children, get to know them. When the nannies know your children better than you do that is a problem. Even worse is when that nanny leaves or is fired, leaving the children devestated because that nanny is the only mother they know.
  • Options
    tara27tara27 Posts: 2,115
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lozenger wrote: »
    you thought I was serious?

I was making a point that there wouldn't be a showbiz section if we stuck to discussing people we know

I don't actually have a friend called Louise

BIB..........awe heck ! I was hoping for all Louise's scandalous probs getting aired & debated. :(
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,114
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    milliejo wrote: »
    I would respect her more as a mother of a disabled child if she did more to fight for others. She could be a real voice for the plight of disabled children who are going to be seriously hit by government cuts and the cuts to the NHS but she doesn't know or care outside of her own world. She loves the publicity for it and everytime she talks about Harvey in OK magazine she gets huge amounts of money.

Somebody mentioned The Queen, she was not the greatest of mother's, she was detached and it shows. All her children have been much more involved in the upbringing of their own children even when divorced. The key to having nannies is that you still have to have quality time with your children, get to know them. When the nannies know your children better than you do that is a problem. Even worse is when that nanny leaves or is fired, leaving the children devestated because that nanny is the only mother they know.

Thought her column in the Sun, about disability cutbacks, was great..
  • Options
    Tudor6222Tudor6222 Posts: 992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    bunny55 wrote: »

It might have more relevance if she was an ordinary parent without the cash to help her out if the cuts affect her, as it is any moaning she might do about them is beside the point.

Do you have a link, then we could all have a laugh? :D
  • Options
    fifitrixibellefifitrixibelle Posts: 3,834
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bunny55 wrote: »

That must have been exhausting for her.....once again all mouth.

Shame she couldn't give any commitment to the marathon she said she would attend "come what may".:rolleyes: she chose to go off on her jollies to Argentina for a couple of weeks horse riding and jumping out of planes with her "injured" knee as I recall.

But then her mantra is "it's all about me."
  • Options
    Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't take any comments on here seriously...
    We are all keyboard warriors who think our opinion is right.

Speak for yourself. I know my opinion is just that, an opinion. I certainly would never have the arrogance to presume I'm right about anything
  • Options
    Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That must have been exhausting for her ghost writer

Fixed your post ;)
  • Options
    iseloidiseloid Posts: 9,392
    Forum Member
    How on earth did she manage that? Is it fan voted or something?