Beyond: Two Souls

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,743
Forum Member
✭✭✭
http://news.dengeki.com/elem/000/000/615/615962/

If only every studio made use of the PS3 in this way.

Looks incredible.

Comments

• Jenny1986Jenny1986 Posts: 16,527
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    chopoff wrote: »
    http://news.dengeki.com/elem/000/000/615/615962/

If only every studio made use of the PS3 in this way.

Looks incredible.

It looks stunning, I assume these pictures are in engine but I wonder if any of them are gameplay? Speaking of gameplay I am curious about how this will control, David Cage said it will be different to Heavy Rain, here's a quote.

“No more quick-time events,” Cage promised. “We didn’t really have a problem with QTEs in Heavy Rain and I don’t think that players who played the game had any problem with that, but we wanted to reconsider the possibility of – instead of saying to the player what they’re supposed to do – how could we get rid of this and let players define by themselves, conclude by themselves what they’re supposed to do?

Cage added that the game’s new control system will allow players to deduce what is going on without them being led by the hand through on-screen prompts.

“We still have a couple of prompts here and there, “Cage continued, “but no more than in a game like Tomb Raider, Uncharted or God of War, or whatever because all games use some prompts here and there.

I didn't have a problem with the controls of Heavy Rain, once I got into it, it flowed quite well I thought, all this talk not telling the player what to do is a bit vague at the moment. I can't picture how that will work, either way I am very excited.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 210
    Forum Member
    im really looking forward to this! ive been hooked since i saw it at E3
  • WoodsMonkWoodsMonk Posts: 6,455
    Forum Member
    Anyone tried the demo yet?

Just saw this on HUKD:

If you 'like' Gamestop on facebook and provide an email address. You then get a code. While stocks last!

These are US region PSN codes so you'll need a US PS account to redeem the code.
  • ixHellstormxixHellstormx Posts: 2,192
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I haven't played my PS3 in ages but this game will change that. looks excellent :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 681
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    WoodsMonk wrote: »
    Anyone tried the demo yet?

Just saw this on HUKD:

If you 'like' Gamestop on facebook and provide an email address. You then get a code. While stocks last!

These are US region PSN codes so you'll need a US PS account to redeem the code.
    I think the demo will be available to everyone next Wednesday anyway. ;)
  • jcafcwjcafcw Posts: 11,282
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It is the only game this I'll pay full price for. Loved Heavy Rain and Fahrenheit. I have already got it pre-ordered.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 210
    Forum Member
    Jenny1986 wrote: »
    Speaking of gameplay I am curious about how this will control,

there was a story on here the other day that as well as using the convential controls, there is an application available that will conect to the ps3 via bluetooth and you can control the whole game on a smart phone. might have to give this a go when i buy it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 681
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    "It connects to the console via Wi-Fi, and from this point you can play the entire game, in single-player if you want, just using your iPhone... just with one finger. It's a very simplified interface [and] makes the game very passive and simple," said Quantic Dream's David Cage at the Eurogamer Expo.
    That..just sounds so bloody awful, though. I mean, really? :confused:
  • ags_ruleags_rule Posts: 19,388
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jonesey wrote: »
    That..just sounds so bloody awful, though. I mean, really? :confused:

It sounds awful in practice and very well may be, but the truth is David Cage has been so bloody cryptic about everything to do with this game that it might turn out to be the greatest thing since sliced bread. There's a lot of pseudo-psychological bullshit going on as to how this game is going to be controlled or what it's even about. I enjoyed Heavy Rain so have high hopes for this but really we can't judge it until it is released.
  • MaksonMakson Posts: 30,447
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I adored Heavy Rain, but I'm no sold on the supernatural element of this one....sounds like you can't have a game these days without fighting zombies or the like:(
  • darkthunder35darkthunder35 Posts: 5,016
    Forum Member
    Just played the demo. Not much to say other than wow! Day 1 for me.
  • stefmeisterstefmeister Posts: 8,390
    Forum Member
    Just played the demo. Not much to say other than wow! Day 1 for me.
    Same here, Loved it.

I think the controls & general QT stuff all feels a lot more intuitive than Heavy Rain, Really enjoyed playing through it.

Everything about this demo has made me think 'Who needs next-gen' :p
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 211
    Forum Member
    Can anyone tell me if there is any difference in the steal books that I'm seeing ? There's a plain black with Beyond Two Souls & there is another steal with Jodie on the front are these both the same?

Also throwing it out there, a Directors Edition & a steal book edition with Telepathy cards :eek:

Trying to pick a set to preorder.

Also not sure if the extra game sene is worth it - Advanced Experiments playable scene. In this scene, you’ll test your rapid problem-solving skills as you guide Jodie and the mysterious entity Aiden through a series of tough training missions. Over the course of 30 minutes of additional play, you’ll determine your ability to use your brain while keeping an ice-cool head in high-pressure situations — all while helping Jodie and Aiden collaborate to solve puzzles.
  • 007Fusion007Fusion Posts: 3,657
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm also keenly awaiting this game. It takes a lot for me to get excited about a videogame!
  • Gemma_HardingGemma_Harding Posts: 692
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Same here, Loved it.

I think the controls & general QT stuff all feels a lot more intuitive than Heavy Rain, Really enjoyed playing through it.

Everything about this demo has made me think 'Who needs next-gen' :p

Funny, after playing the demo, I had the exact same thought. Can't wait to see what they bring to the next gen scene....
  • Titan9Titan9 Posts: 2,472
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nice long demo. Loved it.
  • Rich_LRich_L Posts: 6,110
    Forum Member
    Only read one review and they have it as average.
  • Jenny1986Jenny1986 Posts: 16,527
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I forgot that I had this pre ordered. I hope it's good, I'm not too concerned with reviews on this one. I loved Heavy Rain, and some people hated it, I imagine this will be quite divisive too.
    Forum Member
    Jenny1986 wrote: »
    I forgot that I had this pre ordered. I hope it's good, I'm not too concerned with reviews on this one. I loved Heavy Rain, and some people hated it, I imagine this will be quite divisive too.

Agree totally:)

Just hope that Amazon do me proud - first time I have pre-ordered with them.
  • HotbirdHotbird Posts: 10,009
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Really enjoyed the demo. Initially I thought the first scene was slightly boring, the training room was meh, but once the train stopped and the chase began I started to see how good this could be. The QTE are nicely refined although I found knowing which direction to press at times a little awkward (hopefully its something which becomes natural as you progress through the full game). As long as the story holds up I think this could be an awesome ride.

I went from having an interest in picking this up 'at some point' to wanting to play it now after playing the demo. I think it helped that I just replayed Heavy Rain last month.
  • Gemma_HardingGemma_Harding Posts: 692
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hotbird wrote: »
    Really enjoyed the demo. Initially I thought the first scene was slightly boring, the training room was meh, but once the train stopped and the chase began I started to see how good this could be. The QTE are nicely refined although I found knowing which direction to press at times a little awkward (hopefully its something which becomes natural as you progress through the full game). As long as the story holds up I think this could be an awesome ride.

I went from having an interest in picking this up 'at some point' to wanting to play it now after playing the demo. I think it helped that I just replayed Heavy Rain last month.

I agree that the training room started off as "meh" but when you started to test Aiden more and more.... Well I had good fun there!!

I agree with the direction pressing thing being awkward, but it shows great promise. I loved Heavy Rain and think this is could be as good
    Forum Member
    I want to play today. Should have imported one from the US:(
  • Jay-CeeJay-Cee Posts: 2,886
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    reviews are out and all over the place. I played the demo, all of it, i enjoyed it tbh.
  • OMTTOMTT Posts: 5,459
    Forum Member
    I enjoyed Heavy Rain as the story was intriguing and had me hooked til the end but reading story for this, it doesn't interest me.

I played all the demo and found the controls frustrating, especially controlling Aiden (I hate the way his name is pronounced!)

The graphics are brilliant but there's just not enough gameplay or interest for me to warrant a purchase
  • GormondGormond Posts: 15,838
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Looks good but not worth the current price IMO for limited replayability. I will pick it up when its under 20 quid.