Options

Blackberry Pearl - Help needed

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 104
Forum Member
Hi all,

I have been using my Pearl for the past week and am very happy, although I have one problem which is driving me mad.

If somebody sends me a text message whos number is saved in my contacts as 07*** ****** then the name of the sender doesn't show but does when I receive a call. If I change the number so it is saved as +44 7*** ****** then the name will show when I receive a text but will not show when I receive a call.

Can anyone please tell me if I can have it so the callers name shows when I receive a call or text no matter how I store the number? ( I hope this makes sense)

Your help would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9
    Forum Member
    This is a bug with the Blackberry Pearl and there is no fix.

Only way round this is to have the contact listed twice with both numbers, i.e +44 and 07 etc.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 104
    Forum Member
    This is a bug with the Blackberry Pearl and there is no fix.

Only way round this is to have the contact listed twice with both numbers, i.e +44 and 07 etc.

Oh Great! Thanks though zinnwaldite.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 291
    Forum Member
    I'd be tempted to keep an eye on the handheld software downloads page for whoever your carrier is. New handheld software versions come out all the time, and this sounds a fairly obvious one to fix.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,589
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ahh well if you goto www.discoverblackberry.com and have a look on there site i believe there could be a fix but basically i believe there is no actual fix. possibly a software upgrade could fix this but this is an issue with firmware on the phone and onyl happens to a few of them and not all.

you may be lucky and be able to get a swap through the network for new one.