Anyone else think Relley's first audition is magic?

fireemblemcrazefireemblemcraze Posts: 7,436
Forum Member
I know people don't think much of her arena audition (neither do I) - but wow! I thought her first audition was magic:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wy5bxNLL3BQ

I think it's the slight accent mixed in with the acoustic piano - it's just magic. And her facial expressions - she really feels it and gets so into it. It's just so wonderful. I hope she sings more like that in future rounds not like in Sunday's performance. I think she really deserved to go through based off the room audition.

She's the one (besides Tom Mann) whose audition I keep going back to! Amazing.

Comments

• EvilLlamaThingyEvilLlamaThingy Posts: 6,667
    Forum Member
    I do really like that her accent comes through a bit. So many singers adopt an American accent when they sing. It gives her a bit more individuality I think. I liked it a lot :)
  • SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I would hope not. It's supposed to be a singing competition.
  • jerefprdterrajerefprdterra Posts: 30,336
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Her first audition was one of the best so far, and certainlly better than Melanies.
  • mimik1ukmimik1uk Posts: 46,701
    Forum Member
    Her first audition was one of the best so far, and certainlly better than Melanies.

did melanie run over your pet hamster or something , not liking someone is one thing , posting dismissive statements about her in almost every thread is bordering on an unhealthy obsession
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have never said that i dont like her. Just not keen on her music that's all. My opinion.
  • LandslideBradLandslideBrad Posts: 5,085
    Forum Member
    My sister is friends with her from school and said she's way better than that usually so I'm expecting much better things.

Imo I didn't really like it, there were a few bum notes.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 308
    Forum Member
    I do really like that her accent comes through a bit. So many singers adopt an American accent when they sing. It gives her a bit more individuality I think. I liked it a lot :)

Read somewhere that Syco insist on their singers to sing in an american accent as singing in the English accent does not bode well for the music industry..
    I liked her on her 1st audition, but she should have been cut at the next stage, it made a mockery of the 2nd phase of the audition.. but that said i am glad she was given a second chance.. even if i do not think it is fair... and in the spirit of the competition
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    of course it's fair. They all get two bites at the cherry, and Relly proved in her first adition that she is one of the best singers we have seen so far.
  • mimik1ukmimik1uk Posts: 46,701
    Forum Member
    she hasn't proved anything yet

she has had one very good performance and one very bad one , we don't know whether she was a one trick pony and managed to sing one song very well but is limited or whether the nerves just got to her in the arena

if she cant cope with the pressure then it doesn't matter how good her voice is , she was given the benefit of the doubt , she cant afford another poor performance now
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Have a listen to her bootcamp audition then, and then you will se that she is good.
  • IofielIofiel Posts: 1,144
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SULLA wrote: »
    I would hope not. It's supposed to be a singing competition.

Hello :)

Except she can sing.
  • darkjedimasterdarkjedimaster Posts: 18,620
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have never said that i dont like her. Just not keen on her music that's all. My opinion.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion,however my opinion is that I don't think that either Hannah or Relley have the X Factor as both of them seem to produce a shouty / screeching sound with certain songs that has all been heard before in contestants such as Treyc, Misha B, Amelia Lilly. Yes this could all change in the lives, but if it doesn't then I hope that they will get voted off asap.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Neither Hannah or Relly's performances have been shouty so far, and Misha and Amelia Lily are completely different types of singers.
  • Nastyman69Nastyman69 Posts: 4,497
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Her 1st audition was good and deserved 4 Yes's but what she did in the arena was far from perfect. She was lucky to get through that coz obviously there is potential in her. Now she needs to make amends otherwise she can kiss goodbye to XF 2013
  • SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Iofiel wrote: »
    Hello :)

Except she can sing.

Salve. I read the thread title and thought she was a magician:o
  • The Jordan ShowThe Jordan Show Posts: 3,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I get goosebumps. Her voice is class.