Does Microsoft have Sky Exclusivity?

2»

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,743
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Daleboy16 wrote: »
    Hi

Could you tell me how do you apply to become a beta tester for PS3 software.

Regards,

Dale
    Sky openly recruited beta testers for the NOW TV app.

There was a thread on here a while back, you just had to email someone at Sky with your PSN ID.
  • packagespackages Posts: 2,274
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Daleboy16 wrote: »
    Hi

Could you tell me how do you apply to become a beta tester for PS3 software.

Regards,

Dale

You can't enter it any more. They offered spaces a few months ago. I did make a thread about it when you could register:

http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1779394

Seems like no one paid any attention to it!
  • packagespackages Posts: 2,274
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    homer2012 wrote: »
    What are your thoughts for now tv, i like it but would prefer sky go

It's good for the introductory price of £8.99/month but I think its too expensive at £15/month. Sky still basically have a monopoly of first Pay-TV rights for movies so it does have the best, newest blockbusters from the big 6 studios. They obviously want people to think that getting Sky Movies is better value and hope to make a new Sky customer that way. NOW TV must be virtually all profit for Sky though.

The PS3 app is OK, it has 720p streaming, no 1080p, no Dolby Digital films although the app has been made in Dolby Digital. An annoying thing about it is that if the video quality changes a vertical bar on the right appears which makes the video in that section look like VHS quality! It's also been put in the Games section of the XMB since the last update but that's an easy fix. The app is pretty similar to the one on YouView.

I would also like Sky Go on the PS3. Think a lot of people to have Sky in another room!
  • homer2012homer2012 Posts: 5,216
    Forum Member
    Have not had any issues regarding quality of streams, agree about the app appearing in the games section though.

It will be all profit for sky but again not worth £15pm