Highlights of the current generation - what's yours?

124»

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm a big fan of the Xcom games, and I'm jumping up and down waiting for the latest one.

I've just gone ahead and pre-ordered it off Amazon for my 360. Should get it on release day, so not bad for £23.02
    or, if you want the ps3 version it's £22.84

I was lucky, as I was about to pay 30 quid for it from game and came across the amazon deal on a place called nextgencompare. It's not a bad site. I think I'll check there the next time I'm thinking about a new game.

Someone also mentioned the Civilization games. I couldn't even begin to estimate the number of hours I've enjoyed, wasting away in front of my computer screen playing civ :D I haven't brought myself around to getting the brave new world expansion yet for civ5, because I just know I don't have the time required to play anymore. Not since he kiddies arrived :)
  • BesterBester Posts: 9,698
    Forum Member
    The Mass Effect trilogy - Rapidly developed into my favourite gaming series of all time.

CoD4 multiplayer deserves a mention too.
  • HotbirdHotbird Posts: 10,009
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gta5 :d
  • ixHellstormxixHellstormx Posts: 2,192
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Last of Us
    Uncharted's
    Batman AA and AC
  • Lisa.JLisa.J Posts: 1,919
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Red Dead Redemption - one of my favourite games of all time

Heavy Rain - Even though the plot holes irritated me

The walking dead - Im not a fan of the tv show so this took a while to get on my radar but I absolutely loved it. This and Red Dead are the only games ever that have brought a tear to my eye (:o)

Gears of war 2 - Im not really a co-op person but had such a laugh going through this online with a friend, I just remember constantly laughing down the mic at times during our failed tactics (which usually ended up with me being on fire)

Fifa09 - have bought & enjoyed all the fifa's since 08 (some more than others...I'm looking at you Fifa13) but this always sticks out as my favourite

Burnout Revenge, Top Spin 3 and The Fight Night games were highlights for me too. Early days I know but GTAV will be on this list as well.
  • Green_StampGreen_Stamp Posts: 507
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mass Effect Trilogy
    The Last of Us
    Uncharted Trilogy
    Red Dead Redemption
    Heavy Rain
    Assassin's Creed Series (in particular II & Brotherhood)
    Bioshock Series
    Batman: Arkham Asylum
    Little Big Planet
    COD4: Modern Warfare

The exclusives on PS3 made me feel vindicated that I choose that console over the Xbox 360. There's only really the Fable game and Alan Wake that I feel I missed out on and they're available on Windows now anyway. I can't think of any exclusives on the Xbox 360 that make me feel disappointed to miss out on.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 198
    Forum Member
    Killzone 2 and 3
    Gta V
    Modern warfare 3
    Need for speed shift
  • Jon79Jon79 Posts: 1,400
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rfacfor
    Live for Speed
    Bioshock
    Mass Effect 1/2
    Uncharted 2
    Bit Trip Runner
    Super Mario Galaxy
    GTA IV
    Batman AC
    Fez
    Dark Souls
    The Last of Us

Think that's about it. I'm leaving GTA V out as I'm only 20% through it and not sure how I feel about it.
  • jokerzjokerz Posts: 1,353
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Batman Series.
    Unchartered Series
    Portal 2
    Tomb Raider Reboot.
    Gears of War 1,2 and 3.
    Oh and the Bioshock games!