Options

Sony Ericsson W850i or W810i???

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 148
Forum Member
I'm not sure on what phone to get, anyone had any of these phones and tell me how you found them? Thanks :)

Comments

• Options
    Dragons_HeartbeatDragons_Heartbeat Posts: 3,203
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would go for the W810i myself personally because I've seen the W850i and its slightly bulky because of it being a 3g Phone.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,237
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Definitely the W850i, the W810i is very old now, and nothing special.

Size wise, they're pretty much the same.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The W810i might be older but from the reviews I've read the camera is better than the one that comes with the W850i, and it says its slightly smaller and trimmer aswell, another good Walkman Phone I'm considering myself is the W710i that has some promising feautures.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 415
    Forum Member
    I've heard the W810i has better sound quality than the W850i.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I had the K750i (built on a similar chassis to the w810i) and the sound quality wasn't half as good as the W850i.

Oh, and the screen's smaller, but, the camera does have autofocus, whereas the W850i doesn't.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    At The moment I've got the worst Sony Ericsson Walkman phone the W300i, the camera quality on it is like taking a pic with a camera from the 80's can't wait to get the W710i.
  • Options
    NightHawk123NightHawk123 Posts: 7,015
    Forum Member
    W850i has better camera quality, bigger screen, louder clearer sound, louder loudspeaker and more 3G features that W810i doesn't have. Plus it's a slide phone and some packages come with a 1gb memory card compared to 512meg with the W810i. On the downside it's slightly bulkier.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    W850i has better camera quality, bigger screen, louder clearer sound, louder loudspeaker and more 3G features that W810i doesn't have. Plus it's a slide phone and some packages come with a 1gb memory card compared to 512meg with the W810i. On the downside it's slightly bulkier.

If you look at the reviews that compare the W810i and W850i they say the camera on the W810i is slightly better because Sony didn't include certain features on the W850i model.
  • Options
    NightHawk123NightHawk123 Posts: 7,015
    Forum Member
    I've tested both and found although that W810i has autofocus and W850i doesn't the colours registered better on W850i but this was only indoors.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Ive been reading reviews and both seem like good phones, just can't make up my mind lol!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 601
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    iv jus got a w850i, and i have no complaints. all the features work well and if ur having it on contract u get the docking speakers for free!!! :D
    i would recommend it.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,803
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Welsh_Guy wrote:
    At The moment I've got the worst Sony Ericsson Walkman phone the W300i, the camera quality on it is like taking a pic with a camera from the 80's can't wait to get the W710i.

I agree. I have this phone as well, and its terrible. I used to have the K750i and the difference between them is amazing.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jen0607 wrote:
    I agree. I have this phone as well, and its terrible. I used to have the K750i and the difference between them is amazing.

If you are after a new phone to replace your W300i you should check out the W710i, the design is similar to the W300i but the cam is 10 times better and its got the new Walkman Version 2 software that comes on the W850i.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    iv jus got a w850i, and i have no complaints. all the features work well and if ur having it on contract u get the docking speakers for free!!! :D
    i would recommend it.

yeah im taking it out on an orange contract. I think i'm gonna go with the W850i. its just my contract is gonna be over 2 years so i want a good phone :) lol
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 415
    Forum Member
    I think the sound quality is affected by the firmware version on the phone. I have a K750i with firmware R1DB001 and my mate's phone has R1AC021 and their music is ever so slightly louder and a little clearer.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9
    Forum Member
    I have the W850 and to be honest the camera is not very good. Unless you are getting a good deal with either of these phones i would hold out for the W880 which is out very soon.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 348
    Forum Member
    I have the W850i, and i have to say i think i preferred my old W800i, i think it looked better, had a nicer feel, the camera had a zoom on it and autofocus. The situation with the memory is easy to recitify £6 on ebay for a 1GB stick.

As for the 3g features, mobile TV is crap, video calling is fun, but costly and only a few people have it, and even if they do have to be in a 3G area. Other than that not much difference. Apart from some better games.

Also, has anyone who owns the w850i noticed a crack on the bottom joypad button, up to the play and stop button, very small but i think im going to keep an eye on it, might get some insurance just in case.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 113
    Forum Member
    just been playing with the W610i.

if you think the 3g functionality of the W850i makes it bulky check this one out!!

My suggestion therefore is to wait a bit and see what's coming out in the near future........
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jab wrote:

Also, has anyone who owns the w850i noticed a crack on the bottom joypad button, up to the play and stop button, very small but i think im going to keep an eye on it, might get some insurance just in case.

Mine certainly doesn't