Screen Resolution on Sony Ericsson W810i

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,786
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Excuse me if I sound mad for a second but when I got my w810i phone, the size of the text looked big. When typing out a text message, it only had the space of 4 lines for the whole screen and probably about 2-3 normal size words per line.

A colleague of mine at work has exactly the same phone but the text messaging allows 6lines per screen. The buttons on the menu are about a third smaller to the buttons I have on my menu.

I'm wondering if there is a way of changing the screen resolution on the phone as my eyesight isn't that bad! There's nothing in the settings to do so and it does look stupidly big. Any ideas?

Comments

• soteksotek Posts: 3,246
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It sounds like your phone is running an Operator specific version of the firmware while your colleague has a phone running the standard SE build. I had exactly the same problem (I am on Orange) and absolutely hated the design forced on me and the fact that most options were hidden and unable to be changed.

There is a relatively simple way to reflash your phone at home with the latest SE firmware (which will run just as easily on the Orange network) and although it is quick and painless you need to be confident to try it and I would not recommend it to everyone. However, to be honest, this is the only way you are going to be able to alter the way your phone is currently set up as, needless to say, Orange (or whoever) will not change it for you.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 113
    Forum Member
    yeah, I wotanserver.com'd my W810 and W850 and the standard SE software is far superior.

it is very painless, although there is a small charge.

Do it - it makes the phone SOOOOOOOOO much better!