Diablo III (console version)

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 487
    Forum Member
    Loved D3 on the Xbox so much more than the console. But then chilling on the couch is better for this than stuck infront of a PC :)
  • Pink KnightPink Knight Posts: 24,773
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Demo? I'm checking it out then. Agree the price is arse, so its one for the future.

I can't decide without playing it whether the gameplay is going to be utterly mundane or immensely addictive. I'm also thinking the multiplayer aspect (both split screen and online) will be the real strong point of the game? Although i'm new to Diablo so might be stating the obvious/completely missing the point.

It is a bit samey and I've only played 1 player in the main so far. Better co-op.
    It is a nice change to what's mainly being released on consoles recently, so I took a punt and bought it in ASDA for £35.
    If it went down to £20-£25, a must buy I reckon. The price some places are charging is silly.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,679
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Played it quite a bit on PC and liked the removal of the auction houses for the console versions so took the plunge.

I have it for X-box and its really excellent. It takes soeme getti g used to the controls and menus but once you have it down its clear D3 should always be played on a controller, its WAY better than point n click.

The multiplayer is superb, both local and online and , best of all for solo play, NO ONLINE REQUIREMENT!!

Great port of a great game, if anything its better than the PC version IMO.
  • DaisyBumblerootDaisyBumbleroot Posts: 24,763
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If it plays like a more fancy version of Balder's Gate on the PS2 then I might buy it.

It is :) Although I don't find it AS much fun, the fighting seems more sophisticated, I preferred the mental slapping about on Baldurs :D. It's still good though.
  • Matt DMatt D Posts: 13,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I finished Act 1 last night (well, 6am this morning...).

*Love* it :D
  • SilverCrownSilverCrown Posts: 1,766
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My copy for PS3 should be here tomorrow, hopefully.

I've been playing the PC version on and off since release, and I'm looking forward to seeing how different it is. Hopefully it will be more fun. :p
  • Chelsea SaintChelsea Saint Posts: 2,075
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Complimenting the original hefty core game, the all new Adventure Mode in ‘Reaper’ seems to provide plenty of open world variety and depth. From my reading A-Mode allows access to all areas and waypoints from the entire Diablo III game world, which are then available to explore in a ‘play it your way’ fashion. Additionally the ‘Nephelem Rifts’, an array of randomised dungeons, are also availed in the Reaper expansion, providing yet more longevity.

Yep, definite pickup here with PS4 favourite, but that PS3 price is very tempting for a light gamer!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    PS3 price is very tempting for a light gamer!

Decent 44 quid price at time of posting over at Amazon for PS4. But having recently ’donated’ ours to our FIFA and NBA loving little fella, I’ll be sticking with PS3 on this one. Btw, confirmed 1080/60 on the 4 with a slightly lowered 900/60 on X1. So both will look, and equally importantly move very nicely.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    <bump>

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls - Ultimate Evil Edition is released for Xbox One, PS4, Xbox 360, and PS3 on 19 August.

... and it has support for cross-platform and cross-gen save transfers, so you can go from Diablo III on 360/PS3 to the Ultimate Evil Edition on Xbox One or PS4, as well as import a Diablo III save if staying on the same platform.

http://us.battle.net//d3/en/blog/15058023
  • Danger CloseDanger Close Posts: 3,281
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd completely forgotten about this game until last week. Now I'm just trying to decide which console to get it on.
  • kendogukkendoguk Posts: 13,800
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've had mine on order for the x1 since it was announced, cannot wait finally a game to get stuck into after what seems a long wait for one :)
  • brbbrb Posts: 27,405
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not sure whether to pick it up or not... I have Diablo for PC, BUT this means I can play with my boyfriend (although he might not even be interested... hmmm).

Hmmm! What to do...
  • Philip WalesPhilip Wales Posts: 6,373
    Forum Member
    I have it on the mac, so think I will wait a few months for it to drop in price. Then just got to get the wife to co op with me, with out me continually having to tell her which way we're heading.
  • ixHellstormxixHellstormx Posts: 2,192
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have Reaper of Souls on PC but I'm thinking about getting the 'ultimate edition' for PS4. I'm currently down in London with the wife and kids (spending time with the inlaws) but looking forward to getting back home on Sat to get some gaming time in :).
  • MC_SatanMC_Satan Posts: 26,512
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am sorely tempted but I'm act 3 on 3rd difficulty level. Don't know if I could face starting again and are there sufficient improvements over the ps3 version to justify it?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I played Diablo III on PC and on Xbox 360.

I *much* preferred the console version: Better controls, no auction house, no always-online requirement...

I'll be getting the Ultimate Evil Edition. Not totally sure of whether to go for Xbox One or PS4, given that both will be 1080p60 and both will support my 360 save. Probably Xbox One because I prefer the controller and have more XBL friends than PSN friends.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MC_Satan wrote: »
    I am sorely tempted but I'm act 3 on 3rd difficulty level. Don't know if I could face starting again and are there sufficient improvements over the ps3 version to justify it?

Technical improvements: 1080p, 60fps.

Game improvements: Reaper of Souls is meant to be a significant expansion to the core game...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Ultim8 Evil edition is a kind of kick in the teeth for those that bought the original game for 360 or PS3. We're gonna end up with 2 copies of the original game. seems a waste to me.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Ultim8 Evil edition is a kind of kick in the teeth for those that bought the original game for 360 or PS3. We're gonna end up with 2 copies of the original game. seems a waste to me.

Really, you're paying for the expansion pack. The free game is included "free". If you've moved to current gen, then you can transfer your saved progress so you don't have to play again.
  • OMTTOMTT Posts: 5,459
    Forum Member
    One week to go and reviews are coming in. All seem really positive http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-4/diablo-iii-ultimate-evil-edition/critic-reviews

Not my kind of thing but I know a lot like these games & you'll be glad to hear its a good conversion to console
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am sooooo tempted but I would love to transfer my ps3 characters over but starting afresh without my level 60 would be painful!

Bugger it. Ordered.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    brb wrote: »
    Really, you're paying for the expansion pack. The free game is included "free". If you've moved to current gen, then you can transfer your saved progress so you don't have to play again.

Soz I should have made myself clearer. I was referring to those that haven't upgraded to PS4 or XB1 but want the ROS expansion. Excellent game though. I'm currently on my 2nd play through (PC) but now using the Crusader (used the Demon Hunter first time) then will use the Barbarian next.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    brb wrote: »

Does that mean all my characters and gear transfers over to my ps4 from my ps3?

It doesn't does it? Hell ordered it anyway. Have more money than sense.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Soz I should have made myself clearer. I was referring to those that haven't upgraded to PS4 or XB1 but want the ROS expansion. Excellent game though. I'm currently on my 2nd play through (PC) but now using the Crusader (used the Demon Hunter first time) then will use the Barbarian next.

The game still transfers, the first game is included free. So they won't even notice that the first game is there.
    Does that mean all my characters and gear transfers over to my ps4 from my ps3?

It doesn't does it? Hell ordered it anyway. Have more money than sense.

From what I understand, it does. Someone posted a link further back, I believe.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am sooooo tempted but I would love to transfer my ps3 characters over but starting afresh without my level 60 would be painful!

You can transfer characters progress from PS3 or 360 to either PS4 or X1.
    Btw, confirmed 1080/60 on the 4 with a slightly lowered 900/60 on X1.

Recently confirmed that via a day one patch D3 Reaper will run at 1080/60 on X1 also.