Options

Desperate housewives

13»

Comments

• Options
    MARTYM8MARTYM8 Posts: 44,710
    Forum Member
    Joel's dad wrote: »
    Wasn't a fan of them hiding the body and then all is forgiven with Bree hmm.

Gabby's showdown with her step father in the woods was emotional and well acted. It was a little predictable how it was going down bit enjoyable all the same

Renee and her new boyfriend and the watch mode, was hilarious

It has been a very good series this year

The whole thing seemed a bit forced - the series should have ended it with Felicia and Paul's showdown.

Given Gaby had only told a nun about the abuse and claimed to have told no-one else how come her stepfather knew about her trip to her old home town which he had been hounded out of. It made no sense i.e. it almost seemed like they had to contrive a reason for the final episode cos they had finished the main cliffhanger the week before.

Did enjoy it - but not sure where they go from here?:D
  • Options
    daisiesfandaisiesfan Posts: 2,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really enjoyed the finale but I liked DH better when they set up the season finales with a mystery.
    Not much of a mystery unless he aint dead.........
  • Options
    Joel's dadJoel's dad Posts: 4,886
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MARTYM8 wrote: »
    The whole thing seemed a bit forced - the series should have ended it with Felicia and Paul's showdown.

Given Gaby had only told a nun about the abuse and claimed to have told no-one else how come her stepfather knew about her trip to her old home town which he had been hounded out of. It made no sense i.e. it almost seemed like they had to contrive a reason for the final episode cos they had finished the main cliffhanger the week before.

Did enjoy it - but not sure where they go from here?:D
    Agreed!!

I thought it was a good episode but the showdown the week before wOuld of made a better finale :)
  • Options
    The Queen VicThe Queen Vic Posts: 5,775
    Forum Member
    Agreed!!

I thought it was a good episode but the showdown the week before wOuld of made a better finale :)

I agree - it seems a slight anti-climax for the Paul and Felicia storyline... is Paul coming back for the next series?

I wonder where Susan will go from here... she hasn't really been set up with a good story apart from her part in hiding the body, which is essentially Gaby and Carlos's plot. Lynette has her relationship with Tom and Bree has her relationship with the copper.
  • Options
    LiparusLiparus Posts: 4,744
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree - it seems a slight anti-climax for the Paul and Felicia storyline... is Paul coming back for the next series?

I wonder where Susan will go from here... she hasn't really been set up with a good story apart from her part in hiding the body, which is essentially Gaby and Carlos's plot. Lynette has her relationship with Tom and Bree has her relationship with the copper.

Maybe that's why Teri Hatcher is planning to leave. Only speculation on my part, but perhaps her character isn't fufilling anything of late.

I hope Bree settles down/gets married (again) at least. I hope that Tom and Lynette get back together.

When does season 8 air in the US and more importantly when will we see it on Ch4/E4?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Liparus wrote: »
    Maybe that's why Teri Hatcher is planning to leave. Only speculation on my part, but perhaps her character isn't fufilling anything of late.

I hope Bree settles down/gets married (again) at least. I hope that Tom and Lynette get back together.

When does season 8 air in the US and more importantly when will we see it on Ch4/E4?

It starts again in the US in September - the expected air date being 25 September. Not sure about the UK - possibly October? Here is a sneak preview of the series:

http://www.tvfanatic.com/2011/05/desperate-housewives-season-8-spoilers-a-secret-and-a-separation/

"The seventh season finale of Desperate Housewives gave the ladies of Wisteria Lane a reason to bond this fall:

A dead body, courtesy of Carlos coming to Gaby's rescue, hidden in a trunk. How will this development affect season eight?

The question now will be what will they do with this body?" producer Bob Daily said to TV Guide. "It will take a toll on them next season. That will prove an interesting wrinkle."

So will what appears to be the end of the one stable marriage in town: that of Tom and Lynette.

They "will not be divorcing," Daily says. "But when we come back next year, they will be going through a separation. Tom will be living elsewhere for a while. And I do think one or both at some point will dip their toes into the world of mid-life dating. But we will also look for them to find ways to fall in love again."

But not before a couple women, one of whom we know well, makes things tempting for Tom.

Desperate Housewives returns in September and will continue to air on Sunday nights
    ."
  • Options
    HeavenlyHeavenly Posts: 31,915
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Renee and her new boyfriend and the watch mode, was hilarious

That was hilarious. :D

What's happened to us?

You've changed.

Love DH, great series. :D
  • Options
    Joel's dadJoel's dad Posts: 4,886
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Heavenly wrote: »

What's happened to us?

You've changed.

It still makes me smile:cool::D
  • Options
    LainiomonkioLainiomonkio Posts: 890
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I love DH, it's my favourite programme but why, oh, why didn't Carlos or Gabby run to get the gun that was stashed in the safe and plant it on Alejandro instead of cramming the bugger in a trunk? Although, I guess it's now come full circle to how DH kicked off in series 1 with a body in a trunk...
  • Options
    RooftopcowboyRooftopcowboy Posts: 7,242
    Forum Member
    An odd finale, and it made me wonder if the rumours about the show ending/key actors leaving had affected it.

The Gaby/Step-Dad plot was oddly paced, it felt like it had 'ended' weeks ago (when Gaby went to Mexico) and it all seemed rushed in the finale.

I also don't understand why they killed Felicia with one episode to go...her speeding out of the lane and into a truck was surely a 'season finale final scene'

I also agree that the Tom/Lynette plot seemed rushed, they needed to show a few more arguments throughout the series to make the end of such a long marriage believable.

Overall I think its been another average season. The Paul/Felicia/Beth plot was gripping and IMO the best plot for several years. But the rest has been mediocre. We've seen Bree be more 'fun' but Gaby/Carlos and Susan/Mike haven't really done all that much.
  • Options
    Bonny1Bonny1 Posts: 8,502
    Forum Member
    Heavenly wrote: »

What's happened to us?

You've changed.

loved it, and made me laugh all over again... :D
  • Options
    DEADLY_17DEADLY_17 Posts: 9,262
    Forum Member
    i loved The finale :D

Amazing Season can not wait for Season 8 :)

i wish DH had more episodes tbh :p
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,218
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was reading Twitter tonight. Don't go on very often, and don't have an account but apparently they are about to start shooting season 8, in fact some were supposed to start yesterday and more on the 14th, as they don't all start shooting on the same day, the actors I mean.
  • Options
    PandakooPandakoo Posts: 5,429
    Forum Member
    I did enjoy the finale but i felt literally all of the storylines were just rushed (although i liked how the girls stuck together with hiding the body). The ending was a bit of a let down compared to previous finales, there was no real cliffhanger or mystery. I also thought it was a waste that they killed of Felica in the episode before, they should of kept her for the finale and made it into a big dramatic exit.

I still love the show and can't wait for season 8! I'm really loving Bree and her new lover together. Also Renee is just amazing and makes me laugh so much.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Tyyleer wrote: »
    I also thought it was a waste that they killed of Felica in the episode before, they should of kept her for the finale and made it into a big dramatic exit.

We don't actually know Felicia is dead - she may have survived the collision or drove her car out of the way of the lorry in time. Can't see any reason for her to return though now Paul is in jail for murder.

Also will Ugly Betty and co appear in the next series - asking the whereabouts of their father? Perhaps Gaby is older than we think and he could have disappeared off to New York and fathered Hilda and Betty after he fled her home town? They might also be curious as to why Wilhemina Slater has moved to Fairview.:D