Great British Bake Off Easter Masterclass

2»

Comments

• jonbwfcjonbwfc Posts: 18,050
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I actually thought Mary looked a bit irritated with Paul a couple of times in this show. And she takes a step or two backwards every time Paul starts throwing flour around!

Good show though. I liked the chocolate tarts, although sod making your own puff pastry..
  • domedome Posts: 55,878
    Forum Member
    habby wrote: »
    That mixer she's got costs over £400! :eek:

They are worth every penny.

They are brilliant, built to last, easy to clean, powerful and a very quiet motor.
  • maggie_07maggie_07 Posts: 1,793
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No irritating voiceovers? The voiceover for this show was Rupert Penry Jones! I thought it sounded familiar and then got that, "But of course!" moments when the credits rolled.

:D

There are "voiceovers" and "irritating voiceovers". I don't class RPJ as irritating.
  • RorschachRorschach Posts: 10,818
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ive been teaching my daughters and now grandaughter for years to bake and cook.
    Now these bloody celeb chefs come along.
    Dont listen to celeb cooks.
    Listen to your mothers and grandmothers and do REAL cooking.
    Gogfumble wrote: »
    Paul and Mary do, do real cooking. There is nothing at all gimmicky or OTT about their style. Just good old fashioned baking.

Also Mary and Paul are not celebs who then become chefs (well bakers anyway), but are chefs/bakers who then became celebs.

Their first talent is baking.

(Also Mary is a mother and grandmother :D)
  • RorschachRorschach Posts: 10,818
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    maggie_07 wrote: »
    There are "voiceovers" and "irritating voiceovers". I don't class RPJ as irritating.
    "This isn't just a voiceover, it's a RPJ voiceover" :p