Options

Semi-Final Dance off - who do you think the judges would save?

2»

Comments

• Options
    ESPIONdansantESPIONdansant Posts: 6,760
    Forum Member
    Caroline will win over any of the others.

Jake v Frankie - tough call
    Jake v Simon - Jake probably
    Jake v Mark - Jake probably

Frankie v Simon - Frankie BUT Len and Darcey aren't to be relied upon
    Frankie v Mark - Frankie BUT remember the Len/Darcey factor

Simon v Mark - not sure

Think a man will get the boot. So that's likely to be Mark or Simon.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 61
    Forum Member
    I think Mark in the bottom two with anyone, Mark is going to go, Caroline in the bottom two with anyone, Caroline with stay, Jake in the bottom two with anyone except Caroline, Jake will stay, Frankie will stay above anyone except Caroline or Jake, Simon will get voted off over everyone except Mark. However, there is a bit of leeway with any of the dancers on a sticky wicket if they do an absolute amazing dance and a dead cert such as Caroline does a dodgy dance, then even the dancer on a sticky wicket such as Mark will go through.
  • Options
    sambadansambadan Posts: 1,719
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The couples could play tactics.
    If they know they are likely to dance one routine better than the other they might decide to focus on that dance more to score big with and use as their dance off dance giving them an improved chance of winning the dance off.
    If they avoid the dance off completely then its a bonus.

If Mark ends up in the DO I would imagine the VW would be the dance used.
    With Frankie its hard to tell which will score better.
    With Jake I would think it would be the Cha cha cha.
    With Caroline possibly the Salsa.
    With Simon I would say the Foxtrot.

So on this basis I will say
    Mark v Frankie - Mark out
    Mark v Jake - Jake out
    Mark v Caroline - Mark out
    Mark v Simon - Mark out
    Frankie v Jake - Jake out
    Frankie v Caroline - close call but Caroline out
    Frankie v Simon - Desperately close call, could go either way
    Jake v Caroline - Jake out
    Jake v Simon - Jake out
    Caroline v Simon - Tight call but Caroline out
  • Options
    SaraV1308SaraV1308 Posts: 9,760
    Forum Member
    sambadan wrote: »
    If they know they are likely to dance one routine better than the other they might decide to focus on that dance more to score big with and use as their dance off dance giving them an improved chance of winning the dance off.

t

This is of course what Brendan did with Lisa Snowdon in series 6 in the quarter finals which was the scandal that became known as Austingate!

He spent 90% of the week training Lisa in her ballroom dance presuming they would end up in the dance off for the 4th time and only about 4 hrs on her Latin which I think was her CCC(?) and of course when it came to the dance off she danced her ballroom - where Austin and Erin danced their latin (salsa) and they had spent equal time on both dances.

Lisa was saved for a 4th time. Austinwozrobbed and the rest is history as you say.
  • Options
    daziechaindaziechain Posts: 12,124
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SaraV1308 wrote: »
    This is of course what Brendan did with Lisa Snowdon in series 6 in the quarter finals which was the scandal that became known as Austingate!

He spent 90% of the week training Lisa in her ballroom dance presuming they would end up in the dance off for the 4th time and only about 4 hrs on her Latin which I think was her CCC(?) and of course when it came to the dance off she danced her ballroom - where Austin and Erin danced their latin (salsa) and they had spent equal time on both dances.

Lisa was saved for a 4th time. Austinwozrobbed and the rest is history as you say.
    You have to say that is clever thinking on Brendan's part .. if indeed that's what he did. It's not a scandal ... dancing with puppets is a scandal :D That was a pretty decent CCC for four hours :D
  • Options
    Cal ChristopherCal Christopher Posts: 268
    Forum Member
    It really does depend on the dance they present in the dance off and how well they perform it but if I'm forced to predict... :p

Frankie will be saved over everyone.

Caroline will be saved over everyone apart from Frankie.

Simon will be saved over only Jake & Mark.

Jake will lose out to everyone apart from Mark.

Mark will go home if he ends up here.

...saying this, ANYONE could leave, it just depends on what they dance and how they dance it when it comes down to it.
  • Options
    GeorgeMarshGeorgeMarsh Posts: 1,776
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It really does depend on the dance they present in the dance off and how well they perform it but if I'm forced to predict... :p

Frankie will be saved over everyone.

Caroline will be saved over everyone apart from Frankie.

Simon will be saved over only Jake & Mark.

Jake will lose out to everyone apart from Mark.

Mark will go home if he ends up here.

...saying this, ANYONE could leave, it just depends on what they dance and how they dance it when it comes down to it.

I love you're optimism for Frankie.
  • Options
    RosegrowerRosegrower Posts: 251
    Forum Member
    Is it being too trusting and naïf to believe that it will all depend on who dances better in the DO? I really would like to think so...
  • Options
    EnglishspinnerEnglishspinner Posts: 6,132
    Forum Member
    For a 2 men 2 women final, I think it's a man to leave. Unless it's a Frankie v Caroline D/O of course. That, or a repeat of last week, is much less likely as the two dance format should mean the the dancers are ranked 5 to 1, rather than 6 to 3.

I'm hoping against hope that Len's pronouncement on "judging the dance they see in front of them" is stuck to, as I fear for my fave Simon being in the D/O unless he tops the leaderboard.
  • Options
    londongirlGrelondongirlGre Posts: 23,413
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    For a 2 men 2 women final, I think it's a man to leave. Unless it's a Frankie v Caroline D/O of course. That, or a repeat of last week, is much less likely as the two dance format should mean the the dancers are ranked 5 to 1, rather than 6 to 3.

I'm hoping against hope that Len's pronouncement on "judging the dance they see in front of them" is stuck to, as I fear for my fave Simon being in the D/O unless he tops the leaderboard.

Even if Simon tops the leaderboard, it doesn't make him safe. He needs votes.
  • Options
    nancy1975nancy1975 Posts: 19,686
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Lisa's latin that week was her jive. Which was pretty bad. Her CCC was also danced in the final and was OK.
  • Options
    Alleycat666Alleycat666 Posts: 8,738
    Forum Member
    sambadan wrote: »

If Mark ends up in the DO I would imagine the VW would be the dance used.
    With Frankie its hard to tell which will score better.
    With Jake I would think it would be the Cha cha cha.
    With Caroline possibly the Salsa.
    With Simon I would say the Foxtrot.

So on this basis I will say
    Mark v Frankie - Mark out
    Mark v Jake - Jake out
    Mark v Caroline - Mark out
    Mark v Simon - Mark out
    Frankie v Jake - Jake out
    Frankie v Caroline - close call but Caroline out
    Frankie v Simon - Desperately close call, could go either way
    Jake v Caroline - Jake out
    Jake v Simon - Jake out
    Caroline v Simon - Tight call but Caroline out

nancy1975 wrote: »
    Lisa's latin that week was her jive. Which was pretty bad. Her CCC was also danced in the final and was OK.

Must admit, at the time I thought it was quite harsh on Austin who had done the morally right thing and tried to do both dances equally well. If Erin had done what Brendan did and spent time on his Ballroom (think it was AS) then it would have been harder for the judges to put Lisa through because Austin's ballroom was very strong.

Back to this thread though - the main feeling seems to be:

Mark - is toast if he's in the DO, but apart from that nobody knows!

From the training they showed on ITT yesterday they are all still looking somewhat unpolished, so it's all to play for!
  • Options
    aggsaggs Posts: 29,461
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Unpolished is one word for Jake. He looks like he has stumbled in off the street and it's his first time out.. The VW looked abysmal - with the rider it the training was obviously very early stuff.
  • Options
    mad_madge_morrimad_madge_morri Posts: 850
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Flackers: Safe... maybe be Jake only threat
    Frankie: . Safe if up against Mark, otherwise will go
    Jake: Unknown quantity in DO would the judges save him over Flackers?
    Simon: Safe if up against Mark?
    Mark. Should go if in DO.

After last week though, who knows what Len will do