Pensioner Road Rage!!

2»

Comments

• Options
    LakieLadyLakieLady Posts: 19,732
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bulletguy1 wrote: »
    Surprised at a woman who looked to be in her mid 70's coming out with a mouthful. Call me old fashioned but it's not what i expect from a lady......which she obviously wasn't.

I'll call you sexist and ageist as well as old-fashioned! Both my parents were splendidly foul-mouthed till their last days at the age of 76. They were both very well-spoken too (especially Pa) and Ma used to delight in shocking pompous old farts with a plummy-voiced f-word, just to see the astonished look on their faces.
  • Options
    JulesFJulesF Posts: 6,461
    Forum Member
    Surprised at a woman who looked to be in her mid 70's coming out with a mouthful. Call me old fashioned but it's not what i expect from a lady......which she obviously wasn't.

Women, know your limits!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LS37SNYjg8w
  • Options
    stoatiestoatie Posts: 78,106
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LakieLady wrote: »
    I'll call you sexist and ageist as well as old-fashioned! Both my parents were splendidly foul-mouthed till their last days at the age of 76. They were both very well-spoken too (especially Pa) and Ma used to delight in shocking pompous old farts with a plummy-voiced f-word, just to see the astonished look on their faces.

Well-spoken old people swearing is one of the purest forms of pleasure known to man.
  • Options
    Miss XYZMiss XYZ Posts: 14,023
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I love the way you included a picture of the road, Bulletguy. But you should have photoshopped it to include an old dear yelling out the window of a car, just to enable us all to picture the scene a little better. :D
  • Options
    lemoncurdlemoncurd Posts: 57,778
    Forum Member
    Most drivers DO display a modicum of courtesy on the road, myself included, but if some ignoramus chooses to drive at me on the wrong side of the road, they'd also receive short shrift from me.

I think it rather depends on the circumstances. If I was already in or clearly almost in the constricted area of road, I'd expect the person coming the other way to hang back behind the obstruction on their side of the road. If they were already in the constricted zone having to straddle the centreline, *before* I had reached the constricted stretch, I would consider it good drivership to pause, allowing the other user to exit the constricted section. If there were a number of vehicles in succession coming the other way, I'd expect the drivers to ascertain "fair arbitration" and to hang back to allow a balanced throughput on the contraflow accordingly.
  • Options
    Misanthropy_83Misanthropy_83 Posts: 2,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    you should have told her to piss off and given her the two finger salute
  • Options
    birdonawirebirdonawire Posts: 1,028
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    stoatie wrote: »
    Well-spoken old people swearing is one of the purest forms of pleasure known to man.

Hahaha yes yes I love it, nothing better than hearing my elderly father with his very RP accent, drop the f word, my brother and I would dissolve into childish giggles.
  • Options
    AddisonianAddisonian Posts: 16,377
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just returning back from taking my van in to a Garage and driving along this road here......i came up against "pensioner road rage". Not a bloke though....an elderly woman who looked to be in her mid 70's! :o

The left of the road often has parked vehicles due to a few shops there. Usually most oncoming drivers are polite, courteous and give way...otherwise you can find yourself sitting there forever.

I spotted a reasonable 'break' and went for it but the oncoming car wasn't giving way. She put her window down and screeched at me, "learn yer bloody highway code...i've got the right of way...not you!" :o

I told her to learn some manners and shift her arse. :D
    Sorry but it does sound as though you were in the wrong. She didn't have to let you out and she chose not to so you had no right to come out when you did.
  • Options
    RobinOfLoxleyRobinOfLoxley Posts: 27,040
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • Options
    Bulletguy1Bulletguy1 Posts: 18,429
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Miss XYZ wrote: »
    I love the way you included a picture of the road, Bulletguy. But you should have photoshopped it to include an old dear yelling out the window of a car, just to enable us all to picture the scene a little better. :D
    Had i been in my van you would have seen and heard everything because that's fitted with a dash cam. :cool:;-)

PMSL at that!! Actually that's a good portrayal of how you have to drive that road sometimes......use the pavement!
  • Options
    Toby LaRhoneToby LaRhone Posts: 12,916
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's become another "this didn't happen" thread.
  • Options
    Bulletguy1Bulletguy1 Posts: 18,429
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's become another "this didn't happen" thread.
    The usual suspects were soon out busily attempting to re-write it their way. They've slunk off back into the woodwork now. :D
  • Options
    tealadytealady Posts: 26,268
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No, you are confusing facts and opinion. The facts are that you drove on the wrong side of the road and it was her right of way. Your opinion is that she should have forgone her right of way.
    You just want people to agree with your opinion.
    Although the incident was so trivial, it's hardly surprising there is little response from FMs.
  • Options
    annette kurtenannette kurten Posts: 39,543
    Forum Member
    The usual suspects were soon out busily attempting to re-write it their way. They've slunk off back into the woodwork now. :D

we`re all too busy taking the piss on your feminazi hacker thread.
  • Options
    Jane Doh!Jane Doh! Posts: 43,307
    Forum Member
    So the OP makes a driving mistake and a woman swears at him and this is somehow a win for the OP?

Only on DS.
  • Options
    scottie2121scottie2121 Posts: 11,284
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She was clearly a bluestockinazi!