Like the government bailing you out
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,194
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    "When you're a Halifax Current Account customer, good things happen!"

Like the government bailing you out
    "oh lucky them" :D

I'm thankful for small mercies - that it's not 'isa isa baby'... no. just no.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,367
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Every time I see one of those adverts, I wonder who commissioned them and how they could possibly believe they would appeal to anyone at all. They're just so lazy and crap, and even a bit smug.
  • Options
    jules4stujules4stu Posts: 351
    Forum Member
    a BIT smug? they make the likes of la cowell and the robster look positively the image of humility!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 566
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    And when you aren't and instead invest in Gold and Silver even better things happen.
  • Options
    AppleTangoAppleTango Posts: 1,893
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    These adverts make me embarrassed to be a human being. So cringeworthy.
  • Options
    BillKayBillKay Posts: 6,215
    Forum Member
    I agree with all your comments, I have to switch channels when these come on. They even makes you appreciate the Go Compare ads a bit. :eek:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 93
    Forum Member
    It's nice to see them pretending to run a radio station rather than pretending to run a building society.
  • Options
    SentenzaSentenza Posts: 12,114
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If they would give me a go on blondie I'd open a account tomorrow.

Space reserved for deposit jokes :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,400
    Forum Member
    Total crap adverts from a basket case of a company. Another set of ads that make you want to put your foot through the screen.

:)
  • Options
    kernow19kernow19 Posts: 1,061
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I quite like them :o
  • Options
    trunkstertrunkster Posts: 14,468
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Total crap adverts from a basket case of a company. Another set of ads that make you want to put your foot through the screen.

Yep, as someone has already asked 'who commisioned these adverts?' Halifax already have form with this with their previous 'staff' ads. I assume the present stars of these current ads are staff?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,123
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I hate these adverts. Both of them with the **** going "yeah yeah yeah" and the other one with that blonde bint is even worse. Who the hell thought of these?!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I hate these adverts. Both of them with the **** going "yeah yeah yeah" and the other one with that blonde bint is even worse. Who the hell thought of these?!

Why don't they do an alternative one where someone secretly jizzes in her coffee, and the handle doesn't break off:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,400
    Forum Member
    Why dont they do an advert where they tell customers whith large savings 'that your better off spending it' as they told my parents in the Oldham branch a little while ago.

Or one where they get the chairman ringing up the treasury & asking for some help as they are the verge of going bust.

Or a history of the company , of how they went from a pretty decent building society into a total basket case of a bank.

• Options
    MrBingMrBing Posts: 2,802
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If they've affected you enough for you to come to a forum and post a thread about them, then they've done their job.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,304
    Forum Member
    trunkster wrote: »
    Why don't they do an alternative one where someone secretly jizzes in her coffee, and the handle doesn't break off:D

Frappuccino comin' up!
  • Options
    TabbythecatTabbythecat Posts: 33,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Major wrote: »
    It's nice to see them pretending to run a radio station rather than pretending to run a building society.

if they ran a radio station like they ran their company then no one would be the slightest bit suprised
  • Options
    Sparklyblue171Sparklyblue171 Posts: 3,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've been trying to open a Student Current account with this lot (and I even already have an account there) and they're making it seem like the toughest task ever.
  • Options
    CrimsonmonCrimsonmon Posts: 1,116
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MrBing wrote: »
    If they've affected you enough for you to come to a forum and post a thread about them, then they've done their job.

Making people not want to do business with them is their job?

I guess they're good at it then.
  • Options
    elnombreelnombre Posts: 3,625
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MrBing wrote: »

Ugh, not the 'no publicity is bad publicity' fallacy churned out yet again.

If I go to a restaurant, find a rat in my sandwich and tell everyone I know, I doubt my friends will be rushing down there to get one of their own.
  • Options
    RussellIanRussellIan Posts: 12,034
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've been trying to open a Student Current account with this lot (and I even already have an account there) and they're making it seem like the toughest task ever.

Are you saying they've deliberately set out to make a truly awful ad in order to gain maximum exposure?:confused:
  • Options
    SmithmanSmithman Posts: 6,184
    Forum Member
    BillKay wrote: »
    I agree with all your comments, I have to switch channels when these come on. They even makes you appreciate the Go Compare ads a bit. :eek:

:eek: I wouldn't go that far :D:D:D