Options

Coronation Street 25/12/10 - Brawling In A Winter Wonderland (Merged)

Shady123Shady123 Posts: 4,506
Forum Member
✭✭✭
7:00pm - 8:00pm
As the Rovers staff prepare for a party, Tracy arrives at the pub to collect Amy, determined to spend time with her daughter at Christmas. Becky's furious when Steve lets her go, fearing Tracy won't bring her back, but Steve assures her that he knows what he's doing.

Tracy does bring Amy back, but having learned from her that Becky and Steve 'bought' Max, Tracy curtly informs them that she's taking Amy for good. Becky flies at her and they brawl in the pub. Steve tries to calm them down, but Tracy trumps him by threatening to tell the authorities he paid for Max if he tries to keep hold of Amy. How will Steve react?

Meanwhile, as one resident does a u-turn on their plans to leave the street, another announces that they'll be renewing their wedding vows in the wake of the tram crash horror. But is their partner ready to commit again?

Elsewhere, Christmas cheer is lacking in one household. A few minor concessions are made for Christmas, but can hostilities remain on hold for long for one warring family?

Also today, emotions run high as families miss their loved ones, but has one tortured soul got a confession to make? And when Tracy makes some nasty remarks about one of the dead, she faces the wrath of another resident and a harsh slap.

:)

Apologies if RK wants to start the thread but I wasn't sure if he would be around :o if so just ignore this one :)

Merry Christmas Corrians :D

Comments

• Options
    Rita's KabinRita's Kabin Posts: 36,444
    Forum Member
    As the Rovers staff prepare for a party, Tracy arrives at the pub to collect Amy, determined to spend time with her daughter at Christmas. Becky's furious when Steve lets her go, fearing Tracy won't bring her back, but Steve assures her that he knows what he's doing.

Tracy does bring Amy back, but having learned from her that Becky and Steve 'bought' Max, Tracy curtly informs them that she's taking Amy for good. Becky flies at her and they brawl in the pub. Steve tries to calm them down, but Tracy trumps him by threatening to tell the authorities he paid for Max if he tries to keep hold of Amy. How will Steve react?

Meanwhile, as one resident does a u-turn on their plans to leave the street, another announces that they'll be renewing their wedding vows in the wake of the tram crash horror. But is their partner ready to commit again?

Elsewhere, Christmas cheer is lacking in one household. A few minor concessions are made for Christmas, but can hostilities remain on hold for long for one warring family?

Also today, emotions run high as families miss their loved ones, but has one tortured soul got a confession to make? And when Tracy makes some nasty remarks about one of the dead, she faces the wrath of another resident and a harsh slap.

Writer: Jonathan Harvey

Discuss here! :D:):D

Anyone know who released a single with the thread title? :confused:
  • Options
    Mancunian WayMancunian Way Posts: 16
    Forum Member

Already a thread. :)

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1414683
  • Options
    Forum Member

Oops. Should have checked page 2! :o:o:o
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Kim Wilde.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oops. Should have checked page 2! :o:o:o

:o sorry. We can use yours if you want :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So slimy smug Toxic wins again. :mad::mad:
    PURLEEEEASE someone tell me that she is gonna get murdered.
    Go ahead make my Christmas. ;)

I really wont be able to watch Corrie for long while she is winning, I can't stand it.

But then why do soap people insist on having ultra private conversations within earshot of others?
    It drives me bonkers.

Hope horrible Amy lives to regret her blabbing, 'cos as soon as Traceyluv has won the fight to get back her property, that will be her packed off upstairs for a year or so. But then that's another soap failing that gets my goat, children never have to suffer the consequences of their misdeeds. :mad:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    porshacat wrote: »
    Kim Wilde.

Well done :D

Not one of her better known singles as it only got to Number 43 in 1982. It's a great track though! :)
  • Options
    mrbernaymrbernay Posts: 146,041
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Happy Christmas Day everyone :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Shady123 wrote: »
    :o sorry. We can use yours if you want :)

Whatever. The mods will probably merge them anyway. :)

As I said, I should have checked page 2 before posting! :o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    mrbernay wrote: »
    Happy Christmas Day everyone :D

And to you Mr. B. :)

I'm hoping someone's put arsenic in the Christmas turkey (Gail perhaps?!) and Tracy falls to the floor, choking before being pronounced dead by Amy Searles (blond police officer that always turns up).

Well, I can hope! :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Whatever. The mods will probably merge them anyway. :)

As I said, I should have checked page 2 before posting! :o

True :)

Don't worry about it :)

Can't say I'm looking forward to tracys wooden acting tonight but I am looking forward to her fight with becky :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm just looking forward to becky kicking the shit out of Tracy :D she didn't think gail was being rough enough last night so I'm sure her attempt will be a lot more successful :D
  • Options
    mrbernaymrbernay Posts: 146,041
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    And to you Mr. B. :)

I'm hoping someone's put arsenic in the Christmas turkey (Gail perhaps?!) and Tracy falls to the floor, choking before being pronounced dead by Amy Searles (blond police officer that always turns up).

Well, I can hope! :D

I'm with you there RK :D Happy Xmas:)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Shady123 wrote: »

Can't say I'm looking forward to tracys wooden acting tonight

We'll be stuck with that until KF decides to leave or someone has the balls to axe her. Given how long she was in the show the first time around and how many episodes she appeared in any improvement she was capable of making would have made itself apparent by now.
  • Options
    JJAMUFCJJAMUFC Posts: 1,222
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Merry Christmas everyone :D can't wait until the big 3 soap eps tonight, they all look great!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    JJAMUFC wrote: »
    Merry Christmas everyone :D can't wait until the big 3 soap eps tonight, they all look great!

EE is so grim, it's hard to believe there'll be much in the way of Christmas cheer there.

Corrie needs to pull its sock up and, to be honest, the return of KF isn't going to improve things one iota as far as I'm concerned. All it will do is annoy me everytime she's on screen as I'll have to endure more of her grinning and gurning.

The only one I'm really looking forward to is Emmerdale as it's got the most plot threads I'm actually interested in:- Carl / Chas, Jackson / Aaron / The Bartons etc.
  • Options
    Joy DeanJoy Dean Posts: 21,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    porshacat wrote: »
    So slimy smug Toxic wins again. :mad::mad:
    PURLEEEEASE someone tell me that she is gonna get murdered.
    Go ahead make my Christmas. ;)
    :

No, sorry
  • Options
    FlukieFlukie Posts: 40,578
    Forum Member
    EE is so grim, it's hard to believe there'll be much in the way of Christmas cheer there.

Corrie needs to pull its sock up and, to be honest, the return of KF isn't going to improve things one iota as far as I'm concerned. All it will do is annoy me everytime she's on screen as I'll have to endure more of her grinning and gurning.

The only one I'm really looking forward to is Emmerdale as it's got the most plot threads I'm actually interested in:- Carl / Chas, Jackson / Aaron / The Bartons etc.

My sister, just now mentioning what she's watching on telly tonight, said she's looking forward to Emmerdale but she won't be watching Corrie cos she's had enough of it now Toxic is back cos, after seeing her turn up last night 'she's so bad she does me head in'. And she's been watching all year!

Wonder how many DO switch off now the gurning one is back.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Flukie wrote: »
    My sister, just now mentioning what she's watching on telly tonight, said she's looking forward to Emmerdale but she won't be watching Corrie cos she's had enough of it now Toxic is back cos, after seeing her turn up last night 'she's so bad she does me head in'. And she's been watching all year!

Wonder how many DO switch off now the gurning one is back.

So because of one character viewers won't be watching corrie again? Its not going to affect PC life if you and others don't watch corrie because of one curtain character, she's here to stay so no point moaning the viewing figures won't slide because a few turn off!
  • Options
    JJAMUFCJJAMUFC Posts: 1,222
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't know why so many people hate Tracy :confused: I'm in the minority that likes her, I think KF is brilliant!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    So because of one character viewers won't be watching corrie again? Its not going to affect PC life if you and others don't watch corrie because of one curtain character, she's here to stay so no point moaning the viewing figures won't slide because a few turn off!

Soaps can often see a surge in viewing figures because of one new character or a new couple joining the show and proving popular with the public. The same with a particular storyline. You only have to look at Richard Hillman and how well that storyline did for Corrie, winning awards etc.

By the same token there are some storylines / characters that have the potential to make viewers turn off. I'm really not surprised that KF is enough to make anyone turn off, I was tempted enough to stop watching when she was in it the first time.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Soaps can often see a surge in viewing figures because of one new character or a new couple joining the show and proving popular with the public. The same with a particular storyline. You only have to look at Richard Hillman and how well that storyline did for Corrie, winning awards etc.

By the same token there are some storylines / characters that have the potential to make viewers turn off. I'm really not surprised that KF is enough to make anyone turn off, I was tempted enough to stop watching when she was in it the first time.

And the fact Toxic is clearly going to dominate Christmas and New year episodes is another reason to turn off!

As this producer isn't the one who wanted her back, lets just hope he kills her off quick as possible. That would be a hugely entertaining storyline cos the suspects would probably form a queue the length of Corrie Street!
  • Options
    Forum Member

Well if the viewing figures drop then you will be right, at this moment in time the show is as strong as ever nobody turns off because of one character she's here to stay so get used to it or turn off simple!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Well if the viewing figures drop then you will be right, at this moment in time the show is as strong as ever nobody turns off because of one character she's here to stay so get used to it or turn off simple!

They do actually if it spoils their enjoyment.

You obviously love Toxic. That's fine, you're entitled to. Like anyone else is entitled not to and prefer not to watch.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Flukie wrote: »
    They do actually if it spoils their enjoyment.

You obviously love Toxic. That's fine, you're entitled to. Like anyone else is entitled not to and prefer not to watch.

Its just like x factor fans saying they wouldn't watch it again after the fixes and yet the viewers still tuned in, by all means don't tune in but its not going to chance the fact that she will be playing a big part in 2011.