Lizard Lick Towing

tinshedtinshed Posts: 483
Forum Member
Anybody else watch this? Its not shown here in the UK so may not be alot of people whove heard of it. The second series started late last year in the US

Its about a repossession company that repossess cars, the owners get into all sorts of scrapes which usually result in a punch up with the owner of the car there after.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2
    Forum Member
    Yeah I seen it while on holiday in Key West. Its brilliant. If you likethe sound of redneck reality tv with a twist then this is for you. One episode I watched they repo'd a truck from outside a trailer in a field. The owner chased them across fields in their vehicles pumping the shot gun off into the tow truck. the cameraman was ducking and diving whilst keeping the film going..... They got back to their yard and tried to calm down, no sooner had the truck owner rocked up, punched in the glass out on the counter and held the guys up at gun point.....all on film....LONG LIVE REDNECKS........yee haa its awesome dude!!!!!!!!!!!!! Then in the afternoon they get into a fight with a roofer and the property owners while they repo a truck during a cable installation.......All in a days work for these guys....this is reality tv on the boundaries of anything you have ever seen before.....I guarantee you.....get online and try and find it... failing that get to the USA and book into a cheap motel for a week and fill your boots
  • Ted CTed C Posts: 11,730
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Been off work a few days ill, and caught a few episodes of this.

I don't believe a word of it.

Completely over the top, faked, and indeed probably scripted stuff.

Poorly staged fights, lots of pushing and shoving, unbelievable situations...it's more like an episode of Dukes of Hazzard!
  • alternatealternate Posts: 8,110
    Forum Member
    Agreed. So silly. The one episode I saw they were being chased and shot at by some hillbilly and the camera crew just filmed it, no calling the cops or ducking for cover or anything.. All reality shows are staged to some extent but this one carried it a touch too far.
  • logansdadlogansdad Posts: 1,068
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dave started showing this last night after Man V Food, looked like more scripted "reality" gubbins.
  • degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    I don't know why Dave show this kind of shit. They showed something like Meat Men which was about a meat company and it was so scripted it was just awful.
  • tinshedtinshed Posts: 483
    Forum Member
    Wow thread from the past. Course its scripted its cheap telly. Season 3 where they go to New Orleans and a gun is pulled and Bobby I think is threatened has to be the most staged episode of all time. Its harmless mindless entertainment.
  • alternatealternate Posts: 8,110
    Forum Member
    tinshed wrote: »
    Wow thread from the past. Course its scripted its cheap telly. Season 3 where they go to New Orleans and a gun is pulled and Bobby I think is threatened has to be the most staged episode of all time. Its harmless mindless entertainment.

Thread got resurrected because Dave just started showing it.
  • louise1966louise1966 Posts: 4,012
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LLT is a spin off of 'All Worked Up' and when TruTv discovered that Ron and Amy Shirley, who initially intended on appearing on Wife Swap, did own a repossessions company, they decided to base a reality show around them and their business. But, although they do run a company called LLT, the show is scripted. I do feel that, when this occurs, the show is less enjoyable.
  • ÆnimaÆnima Posts: 38,548
    Forum Member
    Erghh...

One of the worst things I've ever seen. Seriously, it'd be bad if it were real rednecks acting like rednecks, but this is wannabe rednecks reading from a script, it's so unbelievably sad.
  • Tt88Tt88 Posts: 6,827
    Forum Member
    I know its staged but i absolutely love it! Saw it first time at the weekend but only caught a glimpse. Saw it yesterday and cried with laughter at the flame thrower! I even searched on here to see if there was a thread but couldnt find one.

Its a real guilty pleasure show. The sort of thing you dont want to admit to liking but cant help yourself.
  • BeethovensPianoBeethovensPiano Posts: 11,689
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ænima wrote: »
    Erghh...

One of the worst things I've ever seen. Seriously, it'd be bad if it were real rednecks acting like rednecks, but this is wannabe rednecks reading from a script, it's so unbelievably sad.

I'm addicted to it lol :eek::D
  • greenyonegreenyone Posts: 3,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Only just discovered this show and love it does anyone know when series 4 starts
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 564
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tt88 wrote: »
    I know its staged but i absolutely love it! Saw it first time at the weekend but only caught a glimpse. Saw it yesterday and cried with laughter at the flame thrower! I even searched on here to see if there was a thread but couldnt find one.

Its a real guilty pleasure show. The sort of thing you dont want to admit to liking but cant help yourself.

I flipping love this show. Reality TV at its best!! It may well be scripted, but its no different to WWE(of course, I'd love that it weren't, and I'd rather think that it isn't).

Just watched one where they go in to repossess a pickup, and the guy goes schizo on 'em, so they hightail it outta there. Then they get a phone call from the guy being all apologetic, saying that they can come back and take his vehicle, so they show up to repossess and he's there in the shadows, starts hurling Molotov Cocktails at their truck.

Its TV Gold. Unmissable!!:D:D
  • ClarkF1ClarkF1 Posts: 6,587
    Forum Member
    Caught an episode where they had a "fight" whilst being security for a famous wrestler who sacked them but ended up at their house having a BBQ as an apology.

About as staged as wrestling. Wouldn't be surprised if the wrestler was the fight arranger.
  • postitpostit Posts: 23,839
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ClarkF1 wrote: »
    Caught an episode where they had a "fight" whilst being security for a famous wrestler who sacked them but ended up at their house having a BBQ as an apology.

About as staged as wrestling. Wouldn't be surprised if the wrestler was the fight arranger.

LL is on a par with Duck Dynasty. Totally staged but unmissable !