Options

NCIS Los Angeles

Comments

• Options
    NoEntry2kNoEntry2k Posts: 14,993
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I see that Channel 5 has the rights. I wonder if they'll get the rights to Hawaii 5-0 too, considering that there is a cross over two-parter.

It would be a bit odd for them to air an episode with a "previously on Hawaii 5-0" at the beginning without showing the series.

I’ve always thought Hawaii Five O would have performed well on Channel 5, but it was Bravo who secured the UK rights originally so I’m guessing they weren’t interested (I doubt Bravo could have out bid Channel Five if they really wanted it). Sky only got the rights because they inherited them (before it had even aired) when they bought Bravo. So the story behind how they got one of their highest rated shows is one of fluke rather than skill.

Anyway the cross over episode you refer too isn’t until season three of NCIS:LA, and seeing as Channel 5 are starting season one this week (which is now over 5 years old) it won’t even be an issue for a while. But an identical scenario has happened before – there was a cross over two parter between CSI (which aired on Channel Five) and Without a Trace (which aired on Channel 4). The outcome of this was the corresponding episode of the other programme could be broadcast on each channel just once – so Channel 4 were allowed one broadcast of CSI (which they aired on More4) and Channel 5 were allowed one broadcast of Without a Trace (which they aired on Fiver).
  • Options
    LudwigVonDrakeLudwigVonDrake Posts: 12,836
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Great episode this week. Especially loved the humour between Kensi and Deekes.

The guy driving the train looked familiar, I can't place where I've seen him before.
  • Options
    Regis MagnaeRegis Magnae Posts: 6,810
    Forum Member
    Great episode this week. Especially loved the humour between Kensi and Deekes.

The guy driving the train looked familiar, I can't place where I've seen him before.

Those two are a big part of why I watch the show.
  • Options
    lola14lola14 Posts: 3,422
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Great episode. Love Deekes, in fact the whole cast are great.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    NCIS:LA has gotten off to a strong start on Channel 5. In the latest ratings it was Channel 5’s 11th most watched programme of the week with 1.02 million viewers, which is good for the 10pm slot (and making it the second most watched programme of the week in their 10pm slots). Not bad for a programme that originally aired (on Sky) over 5 years ago, and has been available on DVD for almost as long.
  • Options
    OcadoOcado Posts: 1,583
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not really looking forward to the upcoming episodes of the series without Kensi in as the actress Daniela Ruah was pregnant and I assume left the show on maternity leave. Interestingly, the father of her child is the brother of the actor who plays Deeks.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Loved last nights episode on 5. Kensi as a sexy lecturer. God I fancied her so much in that episode. Had to agree with Sam or Callen, amazing how these fanaticals preach about how they hate a country yet are happy to take their money to live.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17
    Forum Member
    I am not blind but are Channel 5 showing the episodes of NCIS LA series one in the correct order.

If my memory is correct episode two of Series one on Sky 1 involved Hanna appearing from a lake on the golf course. It might be in episode 3 which I am watching now.

Great series altogether
  • Options
    zwixxxzwixxx Posts: 10,295
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ocado wrote: »
    Not really looking forward to the upcoming episodes of the series without Kensi in as the actress Daniela Ruah was pregnant and I assume left the show on maternity leave. Interestingly, the father of her child is the brother of the actor who plays Deeks.
    DON'T PANIC.
    While it is true that for some tv-series when the lead actress got pregnant the ptb handle it "badly" causing the show to go downhill rapidly - imho NCIS LA did (and still are doing) things perfectly. If you didn't know she was pregnant you'd never know. And her storyline doesn't come out of nowhere. So methinks you can rest easy knowing the quality of your beloved show doesn't dip, though I really wish Nell would cut her hair again cos with it short she looks :p (and bring back those pixie ears too !!!)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes I find the character of Nell irritating at times (ditto Eric) but being a shallow male she is very attractive.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    irritating ?! how dare you!!! >:( .............................. :p

btw: it was her introduction in s2 that brought me back into the series and now I love it much much more than NCIS. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Woah... Hettie's packing heat! :eek: :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I've been watching the early episodes on 5. It feels a bit lacking without Deeks.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It does. Also missing Nell, even though her voice can irritate at times. Amazing how I didn't like either of them when first brought into the show but watching these early shows it is not the same. Would have to seriously think about not watching if Hetty ever left.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I found the last episode on Sky entertaining. I think they've balanced the Deeks-Kensi story quite well with the overall plot.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Didn't really enjoy this weeks episode. I can't place what I would say was 'wrong' with it. It just didn't click with me.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Will there be a temporary agent brought in to replace Kensi whilst she is on assignment? Hoping this doesn't mean we see more of Granger. Cannot stand him, he is the least liked person in it for me.
  • Options
    TWSTWS Posts: 9,307
    Forum Member
    Will there be a temporary agent brought in to replace Kensi whilst she is on assignment? Hoping this doesn't mean we see more of Granger. Cannot stand him, he is the least liked person in it for me.

no Kensi does not take any time out her story continues in Afghanistan, but you do see a bit more of Grainger
  • Options
    chrisii2011chrisii2011 Posts: 2,694
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Its to hide daniela's baby bump
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You're asking if Deecks(?) remains solo whilst she's away or gets a temporary partner, right ?!
    one ep does see him partnered up but not with anyone new.
    But I've never once thought "I know what they're doing, shooting her holding a big bucket in front of her belly....this is soooo cheesy". Her storyline feels natural to the show, rather than being forced on the writers in order to hide her bumpness - for which they deserve a big hug.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I see they decided to re-use the NCIS:Red set. ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member

They're not even really trying really; it's been noticeable for a couple of episodes. But then again, I knew she was pregnant; I might not have noticed otherwise.

I hope her plot pays off more than Kono's has in H-5-0.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I see they decided to re-use the NCIS:Red set. ;)

I noticed that too! :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Really good A plot this week something a bit different than the norm. I'm not sure I'm liking the overall B plot with Kenzie, but it might pick up a bit.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Really good A plot this week something a bit different than the norm. I'm not sure I'm liking the overall B plot with Kenzie, but it might pick up a bit.

I enjoyed it too, but like you I have reservations about the B plot.