Comments

• fmradiotuner1fmradiotuner1 Posts: 20,498
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This means no HD Showing I guess?
  • JoystickJoystick Posts: 14,254
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No HD means I won't be watching it on TV. I'm a bit of a snob when it comes to picture quality lol.
  • swingalegswingaleg Posts: 103,110
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Series starts on Pick on the 21st July at 10pm (Tuesday)

the first series is 13 episodes

series 2 has been made or is being made but don't think it's aired in the US yet

This should be good..........apparently has more laughs than The Walking Dead

:p
  • MotthusMotthus Posts: 7,280
    Forum Member
    Maybe it's better waiting for Z Nation to come onto Netflix or Amazon to watch it in HD?
  • zwixxxzwixxx Posts: 10,295
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    swingaleg wrote: »
    This should be good..........apparently has more laughs than The Walking Dead:p
    it ain't twd but it is a barrel load of fun.:p
  • MaccaMacca Posts: 18,537
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    zwixxx wrote: »
    it ain't twd but it is a barrel load of fun.:p

I thought it was hilarious with some great characters, especially Murphy.
  • jenziejenzie Posts: 20,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i thought it was BETTER than TWD in some aspects!

it can be a veritable mix of styles too, some slow episodes ..... but some terrifically exciting ones too!

and one TRULY TERRIFYING episode .....

hawking it to PICK seems like they didn't want to pay for the HD!
  • TardisSteveTardisSteve Posts: 8,077
    Forum Member
    i have wondered when this would be released, good that someone has finally picked up the rights to it
  • CroctacusCroctacus Posts: 18,294
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yay, ive been waiting for this. The Tivo box is all set up to record the series.
  • dodradedodrade Posts: 23,847
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wonder why Sky have put it on Pick and not Sky One/Atlantic/Living, are they finally making an effort with the channel?
  • VerenceVerence Posts: 104,588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    dodrade wrote: »
    I wonder why Sky have put it on Pick and not Sky One/Atlantic/Living, are they finally making an effort with the channel?

Maybe they are just testing the water with the first season and if its a big success they will "promote" it from Pick to Sky One or Atlantic
  • donna255donna255 Posts: 10,172
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes, I was confused over Pick, which tends to show repeats of old shows from other channels.
  • ThorneyThorney Posts: 3,361
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Watched the pilot may give it another go, its on US Netflix
  • Doctor_WibbleDoctor_Wibble Posts: 26,580
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Verence wrote: »
    Maybe they are just testing the water with the first season and if its a big success they will "promote" it from Pick to Sky One or Atlantic
    I hope they don't! They should keep it on there and treat it as all the other programmes shown on Pick, as padding for the adverts for the sports channel, movie channel, broadband package etc etc because I'm reasonably sure these are the primary purpose of having the channel, not this wacky concept of showing TV programmes.
  • zwixxxzwixxx Posts: 10,295
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just rewatched the first ep and want to post a word of (possible) warning. Ep1 ended with one of those "coming this season on Z Nation" things. Now I don't know if Pick is going to show that at the end of the ep, but just in case they do and you want to avoid spoilers, then be ready to switch channel. You have been warned. :)
  • MrSuperMrSuper Posts: 18,543
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Starts tonight at 10pm!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    At last. I've waited so long for this.

if its rubbish I'm blaming you lot.
  • mike65mike65 Posts: 11,386
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

and this is the sort of shoddy practice that has me wondering as a freesat viewer if I should even bother.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well, that was enjoyable enough.
  • swingalegswingaleg Posts: 103,110
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I thought that was terrific !

shame the soldier got it at the end.......I thought he was going to be a good character

I'm wondering if I missed something - what happened to the girl from the cage ?

Was she still there at the end ?

all in all........very good !
  • VerenceVerence Posts: 104,588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Did anyone else catch the reference to The Walking Dead when Lt Hammond talked about "an ex-cop and a bunch of people holed up in a prison"??
  • fliqueflique Posts: 1,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really like TWD so thought I would enjoy this but Zzzzzzzzzzzz nation don't think it will get to episode 2 in our house. I thought the acting was dreadful in fact all of it was in my opinion. Shame as I had been looking forward to it.
  • Doctor_WibbleDoctor_Wibble Posts: 26,580
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Definitely off to a good start - not so sure about the Chucky sequence but maybe that was one of those 'answer the question, get it over with' things so they don't have to do it again.

Interesting idea to have someone in the NSA crow's nest with 12 million years of food and fuel for the generators, though that bloke was a complete pillock for breaking the radio when the battery died. Unless it's impact-resistant and someone less stupid picked it up just in case.

That was an excellent panic moment at the water though - presumably the dead were all lying there because there wasn't any noise to shamble towards - or rather, as recently-turned - run :eek: how easily we forget!
    swingaleg wrote: »
    ... what happened to the girl from the cage ?
    Was she still there at the end ?
    I think so - or at least no reason to think otherwise. That convoy isn't going to last because they never do - I hope they picked up a load of spare fuel cans, ammo, food, water, long sticks with pointy bits on the end, the usual...

I dare say I'll be re-watching before next week's ep to make sure I have properly readjusted and understand where we are, not to mention who everybody is.
  • moonlilymoonlily Posts: 7,893
    Forum Member
    Did anyone else catch the reference to The Walking Dead when Lt Hammond talked about "an ex-cop and a bunch of people holed up in a prison"??

Yes :) aw.

It'll take a bit of getting used to fast moving zombies but it's something to watch I guess- til the real thing comes back.