Jobs you'd hate to do

Mark1974Mark1974 Posts: 4,162
Forum Member
✭✭✭
What jobs would fill you with dread at the thought of having to do them? What would you choose unemployment over employment for?

Mine would be...

Sewer technician - the thought of having to get in a sewer would make me vomit.
"Golf Sale" sign holder - you've all seen them down Oxford Street... boring!
Teacher - absolutely no patience at all with teenage kids, and anyone who teaches secondary school kids deserves double pay.

Comments

• SJ_MentalSJ_Mental Posts: 16,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Human minesweeper.
  • Jasper92Jasper92 Posts: 1,302
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Politician - in the public eye far too much
    Chef - stress
  • Pumping IronPumping Iron Posts: 29,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Army.
  • liftmasterliftmaster Posts: 674
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cleaner in a 'pound in the slot' sex show booth.
  • Frankie_LittleFrankie_Little Posts: 9,271
    Forum Member
    I would never choose unemployment, I would always work, regardless of how dreadful the job is. I'd stick it out until something better came along, it's always easier to go from one job to another than unemployed to employed.

The worst job I have ever had, and I stuck it out for 5 miserable months, was working in an outbound call centre, cold calling businesses, pretending we had someone interested in buying their business off them. There was an automatic dialler and as soon as one call ended, another one was made. Being told to eff off 800 times a day was not good for my self-esteem. I would rather clean toilets than do that job again.
  • Mark1974Mark1974 Posts: 4,162
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would never choose unemployment, I would always work, regardless of how dreadful the job is. I'd stick it out until something better came along, it's always easier to go from one job to another than unemployed to employed.

The worst job I have ever had, and I stuck it out for 5 miserable months, was working in an outbound call centre, cold calling businesses, pretending we had someone interested in buying their business off them. There was an automatic dialler and as soon as one call ended, another one was made. Being told to eff off 800 times a day was not good for my self-esteem. I would rather clean toilets than do that job again.

Outbound call centres - been there and agree 100% with you. Soul destroying.
  • necromancer20necromancer20 Posts: 2,548
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cashier, I'm really terrible with money.
  • Hank1234Hank1234 Posts: 3,756
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Chip shop worker
  • SJ_MentalSJ_Mental Posts: 16,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wouldn't be best pleased as chief bum wiper in a care home, But it must pay better than dole.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SJ_Mental wrote: »
    I wouldn't be best pleased as chief bum wiper in a care home, But it must pay better than dole.

Only just... Care work is min wage
  • ba_baracusba_baracus Posts: 3,236
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DS Moderator
  • Bill ClintonBill Clinton Posts: 9,389
    Forum Member
    Jasper92 wrote: »
    Politician - in the public eye far too much
    Chef - stress

Leading to being targeted by idiots like in this video for no good reason and being accused of "genocide"!, why does he even bother, as a supporter of The Green Party I admit they haven't got any real power yet, so he should go and bother somebody in the Tory Party instead!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MJEd6vicJ88
  • BeenbagBeenbag Posts: 567
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mine are:-
    Parking Attendant -having worked as a street sweeper I've seen the daily abuse they have to put up with.
    Top of the pops though after seeing them in action on a few YouTube clips has to be checking for TV licences, you have got to be real desperate. However, to turn the question round, if this or being sanctioned.......
  • LostFoolLostFool Posts: 90,650
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Air Traffic Controller: make a small mistake and lots of people die. I couldn't handle that stress or responsibility.

Any job which involves dealing with bodily fluids. Yuk.
  • SaturnVSaturnV Posts: 11,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bowling alley shoe handler.
  • John_Smith86John_Smith86 Posts: 212
    Forum Member
    A member of the clergy - I don't like liars and I couldn't be one
    Prostitute - I am not a gay and most people who want to pay for sex are men.
    Nurse (especially pediatric) - Too hard a job for me. Fair play to everyone who does it.
    Cleaner - Don't like bad smells
    Armed forces - No real desire to massacre Muslim's (though I do want to educate them)
    Care worker - Not enough patience
  • warszawawarszawa Posts: 4,437
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Emptying long drops at music festivals.
  • j4Rosej4Rose Posts: 5,482
    Forum Member
    Army.

What about the Navy? I hear they're signing up new seamen fast
  • JEFF62JEFF62 Posts: 5,102
    Forum Member
    Care Worker. Which is a shame as two thirds of jobs in my area or carer jobs and it seems to be the only job you could get easily. I really admire the people who do care work but its the personal hygiene bit that puts me off. Cleaning up after they have made a mess etc.
  • Musicman103Musicman103 Posts: 2,238
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    About 90% of the ones currently on offer
  • j4Rosej4Rose Posts: 5,482
    Forum Member
    JEFF62 wrote: »
    Care Worker. Which is a shame as two thirds of jobs in my area or carer jobs and it seems to be the only job you could get easily. I really admire the people who do care work but its the personal hygiene bit that puts me off. Cleaning up after they have made a mess etc.

Care workers aren't treated well either.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Chugger
  • biawhiskabiawhiska Posts: 316
    Forum Member
    cashier/shop assistant
  • RobinOfLoxleyRobinOfLoxley Posts: 27,040
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shitkicker
  • Summer BreezeSummer Breeze Posts: 4,399