Ok, someone point me to the cat manual.

PobletPoblet Posts: 10,923
Forum Member
✭✭
Ok, my cats don't seem to get it about what cats do, or don't do. I specifically refer to the following...

!. Cats do not like water. Avoid water on you. Do not go out in the pouring torrential rain for ages and immediately sit on your owner's lap as you come in, completely saturating them.

7, Chapter 3 - Your human wants to treat you, so don't turn your nose up and ignore freshly cooked Cod, chicken, lamb, beef, prawns or tinned Tuna, Salmon or corned beef. Don't just eat your Felix, and lick an occasional bit of butter, your human wants to share. Take advantage.

9. You have to hassle your human for food. It is no good sitting there looking cute, and occasionally putting one paw on the sofa and the other outstretched in her face, make a fuss!

!2. Don't let your human dictate when you come to bed. The call 'Come to bed with Mommy?' is supposed to be ignored. Don't give in, unless it is under your terms and conditions.

My cats must be weird.

Can anyone help?:D

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,129
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If yours are mine will be too. There 100% like yours.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 501
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Check this out:

http://www.catsinfo.com/catbooks.html

Particularly:

Is Your Cat Crazy? : Solutions from the Casebook of a Cat Therapist By John C. Wright, Judi Wright Lashnits
  • summer_chicksummer_chick Posts: 903
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    you missed the appendix:

Always keep the humans guessing
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,372
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mine do 1 & 7
    even going as far as sitting in the sink and turning on the tap
  • sarahcssarahcs Posts: 8,734
    Forum Member
    Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,470
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cats do what cats do, they do it when they do it and how they do it is exactly how they do it. Humans have rules by which they live and cats make up their own rules that they never live by unless they do. You can train your dog to do all sorts of great things and cats will let you. After many years of living with cats I have trained my cats to do anything they want to do whenever they want to do it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 430
    Forum Member
    Cats have their own rules, my Darcey comes up and sits on my bed till I put the light out, then she walks behind my pillow looking for a way off in the dark why not when I had the lamp lit. She will hesitate and move up and down the side of the bed so I put the lamp back on and she jumps off, then it's lamp off I just settle down and she jumps back onto the bed in the dark this time and comes round and settles next to me pillow.
    She does this every night, I followed her after the first few times she goes for a drink of water this is now quite a routine for her.

At the moment she sitting on her bed next to the monitor watching me and giving the odd meow I'm sure she's trying to tell me it's time for bed as she likes to have a bit of a treat and a fuss as she is in her 18th year she deserves every bit of fuss etc., I can give her and it don't really mind
    her pulling my hair when she walks over the pillow lol, or
    when she snores at the side of me when I cannot sleep, I wouldn't change her for the world.

piper
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,129
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Some of mine have pinched my chair thats why i am on the pc there's no where else to sit
  • cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    Was outside in the front garden for a while yesterday and a local cat was wandering around. He came into my front garden and was following me for a while. Devious little ball of fur :D Was lucky he didn't come in the house, though he came up to the front door once or twice. It was closed though. Haven't seen that pesky cat around at all today.
  • shakeyershammyshakeyershammy Posts: 18,913
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    OP, I think your cat forgot to read the book: "The Silent Miaow: A Manual for Kittens, Strays & Homeless Cats" by Paul Gallico. :D
  • MadamfluffMadamfluff Posts: 3,310
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Do not go out in the pouring torrential rain for ages and immediately sit on your owner's lap as you come in, completely saturating them. And you are NOT supposed to smirk once your human is dripping wet

Do not your nose up and ignore freshly cooked Cod, chicken, lamb, beef, prawns or tinned Tuna, Salmon or corned beef. Don't just eat your Felix, and lick an occasional bit of butter, your human wants to share. Take advantage. And do not go crazy about M&S posh cat nosh one week and when your human thinks they cracked it because they found something you actually like - turn your nose up at it the next week after they got every flavour in the shop

Mine has come into the dining room sat down and whinged at me ( for what I do not know) and is now staring at a spot halfway up the wall
  • PobletPoblet Posts: 10,923
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Madamfluff wrote: »
    Do not go out in the pouring torrential rain for ages and immediately sit on your owner's lap as you come in, completely saturating them. And you are NOT supposed to smirk once your human is dripping wet

Do not your nose up and ignore freshly cooked Cod, chicken, lamb, beef, prawns or tinned Tuna, Salmon or corned beef. Don't just eat your Felix, and lick an occasional bit of butter, your human wants to share. Take advantage. And do not go crazy about M&S posh cat nosh one week and when your human thinks they cracked it because they found something you actually like - turn your nose up at it the next week after they got every flavour in the shop

Mine has come into the dining room sat down and whinged at me ( for what I do not know) and is now staring at a spot halfway up the wall

Ha ha ha yes.:D

I call my girl 'Weather Cat' because she always jumps on my legs after being outside, so I can tell what the weather is like without having to look out of the window.:rolleyes:

My boy does the 'Cat in Sink' thing, I have to turn the tap on for him when going to the loo...:o

I suppose a more serious point is about the food, they used to love chicken but now BOTH have gone off it. My girl will eat a bit of tinned salmon, they won't eat fish otherwise, or any meat I give them. They like ham but I give that very rarely because of the salt content.

They eat wet and dry food for cats fine, and the treat I give them daily is the catsticks you can get from the supermarket, they like those.

I just wonder why they don't like the stuff other cats see as a real special treat?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,470
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Many years ogo my mother told us she was getting a dog and was going to the Police station pound to get him. We had his name,"Laddie", picked out and very, very soon after he walked in to our home and our hearts it was pointed out that someone was not very good at spotting things. The name was changed to "Lassie" and we all got on fine, the thing was she did not like dog food and as we had a cat then we were amazed when she wolfed down half a tin of Kit E Kat. She never ate anything else and she and the cat got on fine. The thing was that after eating she always wanted to sit on a lap, any lap and give that anyone a big Kit E Kat flavoured kiss.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,101
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My cats never ask for food. They just wait.

Now that is weird:D