Dimbers is in east London, with

Danny Alexander - LD, chief secretary to the treasury
Dr Mary Beard - professor of classics at Cambridge University
David Davies - Con, ex shadow Home Secretary
Nick Ferrari - LBC radio
Rachel Reeves - Lab shadow secretary for work and pensions

And to follow ......

BBC This Week ‏@bbcthisweek6h
Does the PM have a problem with women? We'll talk about the gender gap when @Jacqueline_Gold joins @afneil and #bbctw panel Thu 11.35pm
Gold is Chief Executive of Ann Summers and Knickerbox.

Comments

• AZZURRI 06AZZURRI 06 Posts: 11,173
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Please God, not Danny Alexander.......
  • apaulapaul Posts: 9,846
    Forum Member
    He certainly makes for a soporific duo with Reeves.
  • JeffersonJefferson Posts: 3,736
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    David Davies should have been leader of the Conservatives. But for all that cobblers about him not being as polished as the posh Eton boy.
  • NosediveNosedive Posts: 6,602
    Forum Member
    Nick Ferrari should be amusing. He does a bit of a David Starkey rant.
    He's also very UKIP-ish.
  • heskethbangheskethbang Posts: 4,280
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's not a bad lineup by modern standards. In hindsight I wish David Davies had become Conservative leader. He's a classic Thatcherite - from a single parent family on a council estate. Would've been very difficult to pin the toff label on him.
  • apaulapaul Posts: 9,846
    Forum Member
    Man of the people Davies was very keen on fleecing the taxpayer for his home improvements. http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/mps-expenses/5309646/MPs-expenses-David-Davies-the-council-estate-lad-who-claimed-5700-for-a-portico.html

He also shot himself in the foot by very poor conference speech during the leadership campaign and leaving the front bench for an unnecessary bi-election.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,232
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sounds like the Jungle, but without Ant and Dec!

"YOU!!! ... NO, NOT YOU!!! ... THE WOMAN BEHIND YOU IN THE WIG WITH THE BIG BREASTS!!!
  • trunkstertrunkster Posts: 14,468
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dimbers is in east London, with

Danny Alexander - LD, chief secretary to the treasury
    Dr Mary Beard - professor of classics at Cambridge University
    David Davies - Con, ex shadow Home Secretary
    Nick Ferrari - LBC radio
    Rachel Reeves - Lab shadow secretary for work and pensions

And to follow ......

BBC This Week ‏@bbcthisweek6h
    Does the PM have a problem with women? We'll talk about the gender gap when @Jacqueline_Gold joins @afneil and #bbctw panel Thu 11.35pm
    Gold is Chief Executive of Ann Summers and Knickerbox.

Christ on a bike, Rachel Reeves playing to the audience with the usual cliches of "bankers bonuses" "hard working families" "tax cuts for millionaires" & "the most vulnerable in society"
    And Mary Beard talking pseudo liberal clap trap.
    Only worth tuning in for Nick Ferrari shooting from the hip.
    Forum Member
    The east end of London is very multi cultural. Areas such as tower hamlets for example or Barking. I wonder if this will cause any of the old immigration chestnuts to be aired?
    Forum Member
    trunkster wrote: »
    Christ on a bike, Rachel Reeves playing to the audience with the usual cliches of "bankers bonuses" "hard working families" "tax cuts for millionaires" & "the most vulnerable in society"

That's true. And a good enough reason.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nosedive wrote: »
    The east end of London is very multi cultural. Areas such as tower hamlets for example or Barking. I wonder if this will cause any of the old immigration chestnuts to be aired?

I would imagine so, no need for the bbc to bus in the usual suspects.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rachel Reeves is actually quite a talented woman - she's wasted peddling standard Labour hyberbole.
  • LostFoolLostFool Posts: 90,647
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mary Beard again? There must be plenty of other nutty out-of-touch professors that they could have on. Universities are full of them.

The QT production team do like recycling their guest list.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    LostFool wrote: »
    Mary Beard again? There must be plenty of other nutty out-of-touch professors that they could have on. Universities are full of them.

The QT production team do like recycling their guest list.

She's almost useless as that utter utter plank Benjamin Zephaniah.
  • degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    Is she the one who was on previously who kept on repeating that phrase?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    degsyhufc wrote: »
    Is she the one who was on previously who kept on repeating that phrase?

I think all three main parties are guilty of over using that particular phrase.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 87,224
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BBC One ‏@BBCOne 2m
    Due to the death of former South African President Nelson Mandela, we’ve suspended our normal BBC One Schedule.

Will QT be on later?
  • deptfordbakerdeptfordbaker Posts: 22,368
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's not a bad lineup by modern standards. In hindsight I wish David Davies had become Conservative leader. He's a classic Thatcherite - from a single parent family on a council estate. Would've been very difficult to pin the toff label on him.

Miliband would have been posher than him.
  • LostFoolLostFool Posts: 90,647
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rachel Reeves is actually quite a talented woman - she's wasted peddling standard Labour hyberbole.

I quite agree. Despite sounding like an Eastend barmaid, she's a bright woman but even a Nobel prize winning economist couldn't make sense of Labour's economic policy so she has to resort to repeating the same old claptrap.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A great world statesman of another country has passed. Not unexpected, but sad nonetheless. However, why disrupt BBC1? Isn't this what we have a News Channel for?
  • 21stCenturyBoy21stCenturyBoy Posts: 44,506
    Forum Member
    I had a feeling QT would be moved.

The Beeb have probably had a rolling news Obit ready for Mandela since 1992. They're going to go into overdrive these next few days.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I had a feeling QT would be moved.

The Beeb have probably had a rolling news Obit ready for Mandela since 1992. They're going to go into overdrive these next few days.

Why is his death being afforded more bbc air time than any other ex world leader?
  • redtuxredtux Posts: 1,241
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why is his death being afforded more bbc air time than any other ex world leader?

Your joking right?
  • AnnsyreAnnsyre Posts: 109,504
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    LostFool wrote: »
    I quite agree. Despite sounding like an Eastend barmaid, she's a bright woman but even a Nobel prize winning economist couldn't make sense of Labour's economic policy so she has to resort to repeating the same old claptrap.

She's been having voice coaching and a bit of a makeover recently. But she is still a dimwit when it comes to numbers or economics as her recent bruising encounters with Andrew Neil have proved.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anyway the TV guide is saying QT is on at 11pm, although it's only 40mins so I guess they're editing out questions perhaps?