Doctor who proms 2014?

satman17satman17 Posts: 2,607
Forum Member
✭✭✭
My 6 year old loves doctor who and he would love to go and see the doctor who prom at the royal Albert hall is there going to be one this year?

Comments

• FizzbinFizzbin Posts: 36,827
    Forum Member
    BBC site says "Season announced 24 April 2014, booking from 17 May"
  • tiggerpoohtiggerpooh Posts: 4,182
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It would be great to see Both Matt Smith and Peter Capaldi at this years DW Proms, as well as Jenna being there. I doubt Peter will be there, though. He's very busy filming Series 8 at the moment.

As I'm a HUGE DW fan, I'd like to go to London to see this, but unfortuately, I'm quite busy, so I won't be able to go. :(

I shall look forward to viewing this, once the BBC decide to show it.
  • satman17satman17 Posts: 2,607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I cannot find that link on the BBC web site could point me in the right direction ?
  • Zeppelyn56Zeppelyn56 Posts: 455
    Forum Member
    I don't think there will be one this year but this is the page to bookmark.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/proms
  • tiggerpoohtiggerpooh Posts: 4,182
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've just done a google search, and nothing has come up with regards to a Doctor Who Proms for this year. So it looks very much like they are not going to hold one this year, I'm sorry to say. :(

That would make sense, because we are currently between Doctor 11, and Doctor 12. The 12th Doctor doesn't make his proper appearance until early September.

As I said earlier, Peter Capaldi is too busy trying to get Series 8 filmed in time for the early September showing on BBC1. And as Matt Smith filmed The Time of the Doctor last September, he is also busy doing other things to participate. He's not really the Doctor anymore, anyway.

Sorry to dash everyone's hopes. :(

Let's just hope that last year's DW Proms gets a DVD release soon, to compensate!
    Forum Member
    I wouldn't mind a full Radiophonic retrospective Prom myself.
    Forum Member
    Had a look at the plan for this year & there's definitely no Doctor Who Prom this year.

There's a CBeebies one instead.