Options

Orphan Black - UK Pace *NO SPOILERS*

Comments

• Options
    Zeppelyn56Zeppelyn56 Posts: 455
    Forum Member
    I don't worry about the accents but noticed tonight's episode is 40 mins, thought they had all been 45 up to now. Hope they not cut any Alison time.
  • Options
    swingalegswingaleg Posts: 103,122
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    This is beginning to wash over me a bit now........people appear on screen and I think 'who the hell is that'!

One thing that had me wracking my brain was when sarah, I think, mentioned someone and said that they were stabbed to death by Elena.........who was that then. ?......:confused:
  • Options
    dizziedizzie Posts: 4,795
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sarah and Helena's birth mother (a surrogate) was stabbed to death by Crazy Helena in the season 1 finale. Sarah then shot her twin sister, who miraculously survived, due to reversed organs!!!!
  • Options
    swingalegswingaleg Posts: 103,122
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    dizzie wrote: »
    Sarah and Helena's birth mother (a surrogate) was stabbed to death by Crazy Helena in the season 1 finale. Sarah then shot her twin sister, who miraculously survived, due to reversed organs!!!!

oh yeah.........she was a black woman wasn't she ?..........I remember now !
  • Options
    StansfieldStansfield Posts: 6,097
    Forum Member
    Pleased Alison knows Don is her Monitor, but how is she going to let him die.;-)
    "Even my own clones think I am useless"

Not sure what to make of the Prolethians....:confused:
    Mrs S, looking after Kira - with the group from the UK - the escape was good....but the Knife & Fork scene.:o

And now a road trip - with Felix, who had time for a bit of Painting.:o

Cosima working within.:cool:

Loving the Musical.:D

"I think I need to keep drinking...."
  • Options
    barracuda91barracuda91 Posts: 3,244
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Great episode! I didn't think it would be so soon that Alison would find out that Donnie was actually her monitor, and now the poor thing is alone. Well, she may have her theatre pal Sarah to keep her company :D

And what a badass Mrs. S is! I kept changing my mind about her throughout the episode. I'm revising my earlier theory and now think that there was no original in the sense that she had a child that was then cloned, but rather she is their biological mother and used her eggs to create the clones that way.

What I love about the show is how you don't know who to trust, and it's not a simple good guy/bad guy thing. Before I thought Rachel was the "bad" guy, but I actually felt quite sorry for her as it seems she was hurt by the fact she can't have children. Also, thinking of Leekie as their "father" having to try and control his cheeky daughters is rather amusing. *Cosima says takes a stab at DYAD*, *Leekie looks disapprovingly*, Delphine: "Lol, she so cheeky." It does make me laugh :D

Also, I didn't realise til afterwards that Paul wasn't in it. Not much of a miss I guess :p
  • Options
    VerenceVerence Posts: 104,593
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I recognised Benjamin the kidnapper

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0724995/
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 69
    Forum Member
    Mrs S kicks ass, as they say! But she obviously knows far more than she is letting on, why wouldn't she give Sarah the whole story?
  • Options
    slouchingthatchslouchingthatch Posts: 2,351
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Annabee wrote: »
    Mrs S kicks ass, as they say! But she obviously knows far more than she is letting on, why wouldn't she give Sarah the whole story?
    Oh, she definitely knows more than she's letting on. We'll find out a bit more about her past in episode 4 but I wouldn't expect to learn the whole truth for a while yet.
  • Options
    Captain StableCaptain Stable Posts: 2,243
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Slouch, please don't post things like "Episode x will see <thing>" Technically it's a spoiler!
    Congratulations on watching at US pace, but please don't ruin it for us!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 52
    Forum Member
    This season is so much more confusing than the 1st, and it will only get more so as it goes on. Still love it though.
  • Options
    slouchingthatchslouchingthatch Posts: 2,351
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Slouch, please don't post things like "Episode x will see <thing>" Technically it's a spoiler!
    Congratulations on watching at US pace, but please don't ruin it for us!
    Yeah, sorry about that - I was trying to keep it vague. I didn't think it would be that big a revelation to say that particular storylines will advance sooner rather than later, but do appreciate you don't want to be spoiled in any way, especially as I'm currently ahead of US pace.
  • Options
    Captain StableCaptain Stable Posts: 2,243
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, sorry about that - I was trying to keep it vague. I didn't think it would be that big a revelation to say that particular storylines will advance sooner rather than later, but do appreciate you don't want to be spoiled in any way, especially as I'm currently ahead of US pace.

I guess we all now know Mrs. S doesn't die in Episode 3...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I guess we all now know Mrs. S doesn't die in Episode 3...
    Anyone could of guessed that, she has alot more of her past to be unraveled yet.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Good episode last night, with the Stage Dive by Alison and the smashing ending.:o

Another charector for Tatiana too, with Jennifer.:(
    The autopsy...:o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Just watched last nights ep, the ending was a :o moment. No doubt that daniel lives imo he seems like he has a big role as rachels right hand man.
    Great ep overall, poor alison though :(
    The prothleans are weirding me out aswell, is the plan to impregnate helena as she is fertile just like sarah? Still confused on how the other clones aren't fertile, what makes them different? :confused:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,488
    Forum Member
    BBC Three appear to have retitled Episode 3.

BBC America and Space call it "Mingling Its Own Nature With It", but the BBC Three site refers to it as "Distempers of Learning".

Wonder why....
  • Options
    phil solophil solo Posts: 9,669
    Forum Member
    That's odd! :confused:

Though at least "Distempers of Learning" is also a Bacon quote.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,488
    Forum Member
    phil solo wrote: »
    That's odd! :confused:

Though at least "Distempers of Learning" is also a Bacon quote.

I did a bit of googling, and Space originally called the episode "Distempers of Learning" but changed it last minute. So it's probably the producers that changed the title and the BBC didn't get the message...
  • Options
    phil solophil solo Posts: 9,669
    Forum Member
    Or it's a Philosopher's Stone / Sorceror's Stone, Madnes of George III / Madness of King George thing, where the broacaster, somewhat understandably, thought audiences would be puzzled as to what a "Distemper of Learning" was.

The episode titles are never used or shown anywhere on screen, so presumably the tapes were supplied to BBC3 with Manson & Fawcett's original production titles, and it was SPACE/BBCA that changed them for the Canadian and US transmissions.

EDIT: Seems like Bell Media / SPACE had episode 2.3 scheduled under the name 'Distempers of Learning' up until a couple of days before transmission, whereas BBCA had it down as "Mingling Its Own Nature With It"

I suspect that BBCA changed the name to something that "ignorant Americans" would better understand, and SPACE then changed it in their schedule to avoid any confusion.

(NB: The Season 2 episodes have already been submitted to the BBFC for the DVD release, and 2.3 was submitted under its original title. )
  • Options
    ThrombinThrombin Posts: 9,416
    Forum Member
    Just watched last nights ep, the ending was a :o moment. No doubt that daniel lives imo he seems like he has a big role as rachels right hand man.
    Great ep overall, poor alison though :(
    The prothleans are weirding me out aswell, is the plan to impregnate helena as she is fertile just like sarah? Still confused on how the other clones aren't fertile, what makes them different? :confused:

That's the million dollar question that everyone is trying to find out! We now know the sickness that affects the clones is related to their ovaries so that would account for their infertility. Which, as a side-affect, probably means we don't need to worry about Sarah getting the sickness.

Why Sarah (and presumably Helena) are different remains to be seen but both of them were un-monitored and out of the system which suggests something special about their origins. They might be the originals from which the clones were made or they might have been given a slightly different genetic imprint when they were created. I'm guessing it's something to do with the mystery behind Mrs S. as well.
  • Options
    brangdonbrangdon Posts: 14,110
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Helena is special because she's reversed internally. I don't know if that's something they could have arranged deliberately, or it just happened.
  • Options
    NinjyBearNinjyBear Posts: 8,317
    Forum Member
    Can anyone translate what Roger Cross was saying???
  • Options
    Forum Member
    So I wondered why the cop car carried on, past the crash - but they where heading for an officer down/dead, but still.:confused:

Alison in rehab was a leap forward, I didn't like.

Pleased Helena is back in the mix - with the ending.:o

Mrs S - is boring me - was she always like that....:confused:
    And Cosima still ill.:(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Stansfield wrote: »
    So I wondered why the cop car carried on, past the crash - but they where heading for an officer down/dead, but still.:confused:

Alison in rehab was a leap forward, I didn't like.

Pleased Helena is back in the mix - with the ending.:o

Mrs S - is boring me - was she always like that....:confused:
    And Cosima still ill.:(
    Alison in rehab, doesn't look good for her
    Cosima may meet the same fate as katija :(
    That helena + sarah ending, sestra. Maybe now helena will join the other clones :)
    And why do the proethelans want to produce more clones, for what i mean i thought they hated the unnatural way the clones have been born, hence brainwashing helena to kill them all, i know tomas was diferent but they are the same "people" :confused: