The Wright Stuff Discussion Thread (Part 2)

Comments

• chitariverachitarivera Posts: 36,905
    Forum Member
    She will never shake off her homophobic comments or the disregard of her disabled triplet as far as I'm concerned.:mad:

This is the thing about her which grates on me the most.
    She often says "I am a twin."
    No Lowri, you are a triplet.

She is so vocal about everything else that she has experienced and has to cope with/struggle against in her life - marriage, divorce, single motherhood, schools etc etc, why does she never comment about her vast experience of what life is like for the disabled? Is it because she doesn't know? Is it because she just ignores her disabled triplet and pretends she doesn't exist?
    I suspect it is.

She's on this show far too frequently for my liking.

But rather her than that dreadful schoolteacher they keep having on to comment angrily about everything. I hope he never gets a slot on the panel.
  • ganderpoke66ganderpoke66 Posts: 2,128
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What was her " homophobic remark " ?

Dangerous subjective territory
    One man's Homophobia being another man's reasoned viewpoint.

Did she disrespect Sandi Toksvig ?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 625
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

"In 2006 Turner was criticized in the Welsh Assembly over homophobic comments she wrote in her column in the Western Mail entitled However much I love my gay friends, I don't want them running the country"

One man's Homophobia being another man's Homophobia.

" Turner was further criticized in 2007, for an article she wrote in the Daily Mail newspaper. Some claimed her piece, about her newborn daughter who is of mixed race, was racist"

from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lowri_Turner

btw - why are they all that funny colour?
  • StigidStigid Posts: 2,392
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    First we had Screechy.

Today we have Thicky...

I only watch the Paper Review, I had to stop.

"When the Satnav says goes left, I go left"
    And he indicates RIGHT !!

Just one thing I didn't manage to fast forwards through.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This is the thing about her which grates on me the most.
    She often says "I am a twin."
    No Lowri, you are a triplet.

She is so vocal about everything else that she has experienced and has to cope with/struggle against in her life - marriage, divorce, single motherhood, schools etc etc, why does she never comment about her vast experience of what life is like for the disabled? Is it because she doesn't know? Is it because she just ignores her disabled triplet and pretends she doesn't exist?
    I suspect it is.

There she goes again, talking about her 'twin'. You'd think she'd know better by now! :mad:
  • StrakerStraker Posts: 79,653
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Between Lee Hurst’s “geezerness” and the judo moron’s incredible thickness, it was hard work this morning. Thank God for Lowri Turner!
  • Miss CheefMiss Cheef Posts: 375
    Forum Member
    I had to mute the Judo moron in the end as I was not in the least bit interested in anything he had to say.
  • Hound of LoveHound of Love Posts: 80,113
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Miss Cheef wrote: »
    I had to mute the Judo moron in the end as I was not in the least bit interested in anything he had to say.

Me neither. But his calendar did look nice:p
  • DVDfeverDVDfever Posts: 18,535
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I missed the opening, so didn't know who he was, but as the paper review started, he was introduced as a "Big Brother star" (sigh)
  • Loz_FraggleLoz_Fraggle Posts: 5,759
    Forum Member

IIRC, she claimed that gay men have never had to make 'serious decisions' or had to deal with any responsibility, and so would not make good leaders in politics/running the country. Pretty offensive to me, tbh.
  • guernseysnailguernseysnail Posts: 18,922
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is that the first time someone has walked off set for a pee in mid topic?....:D
  • Pollymath1Pollymath1 Posts: 360
    Forum Member

You weren't convinced by Matt's assessment that the lad was "cool", then? :rolleyes:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 870
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Stigid wrote: »
    First we had Screechy.

Today we have Thicky...

I only watch the Paper Review, I had to stop.

"When the Satnav says goes left, I go left"
    And he indicates RIGHT !!

Just one thing I didn't manage to fast forwards through.
    Lol i saw that as well. He had nothing to say on the topics and you could see matthew trying to include him but realising it was pointless.
  • DVDfeverDVDfever Posts: 18,535
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just heard Lowri Turner on @5wrightstuff talking about in Savile's day, it was seen as okay for women to dress up as schoolgirls. Now I've just imagined Lowri dressed as a schoolgirl, and brought back my dinner.
  • pinkyponk34pinkyponk34 Posts: 1,244
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is that the first time someone has walked off set for a pee in mid topic?....:D

Can't sit for 60 minutes without a pee ?

See the doc is my advice.
  • Cherry-chocCherry-choc Posts: 4,865
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You lot have been well harsh on the judoka. Can sort of see where you're coming from though, wasn't articulate or on the pulse really.
  • Ashford SteveAshford Steve Posts: 2,110
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How many Savile related TPs is that now? Seeing his or Esther Rancid's ugly mugs is a cue to switch over. Naturally Sky are milking the chance to kick Auntie but that doesn't mean TWS should follow suit. :yawn:

Occupy TP was retarded as I expected it would be, it only served to remind me that much of the British public are mouth breathers who have a limited understanding of macroeconomics.

Vicky's voice really grated. It can't be the Accrington accent as Bumble (David Lloyd) is from there and has a pleasant one.

Sound problems continued - just before they took calls on the Savile TP the panel sounded distorted. Sort it aaahhht. :sleep:
    TWS will milk the Savile story for all it's worth as, like 40% of Sky, Shine Group [production company] is Murdoch money. BTW, anyone notice the massive inconsistency between MW's absolute belief in every rumour of sexism within the BBC and his damning of those who gave the media the stories surrounding the sacking of Andy Gray and Richard Keays from SKY?
  • Pollymath1Pollymath1 Posts: 360
    Forum Member

They have a break every 15 minutes.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Good news or bad news first? Well, bad news is Richard Madeley hosting on Monday and......well, there is no good news! :D
  • woot_whoowoot_whoo Posts: 18,030
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Maybe he should have taken a leaf out of the audience's book - most of them appear to be well into the 'adult nappy' centenarian age (although whoever dresses them still seems to think they're in their twenties).
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,345
    Forum Member
    TWS will milk the Savile story for all it's worth as, like 40% of Sky, Shine Group [production company] is Murdoch money. BTW, anyone notice the massive inconsistency between MW's absolute belief in every rumour of sexism within the BBC and his damning of those who gave the media the stories surrounding the sacking of Andy Gray and Richard Keays from SKY?

If you actually watched the show today, Matthew was very much supportive of the BBC in general and felt that much more focus should be on other government organisations who allowed Sir Saville to do what he wished in hospitals, prisons etc.

That said, The Wright Stuff does seem to have become a bit like The Savile Discussion Show (which makes a change from the mention of badgers at every opportunity).
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    PrinceGaz wrote: »
    If you actually watched the show today, Matthew was very much supportive of the BBC in general and felt that much more focus should be on other government organisations who allowed Sir Saville to do what he wished in hospitals, prisons etc.

That said, The Wright Stuff does seem to have become a bit like The Savile Discussion Show (which makes a change from the mention of badgers at every opportunity).

One eye on the future? He's already been guest presenter on the One Show a couple of times.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 979
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Good news or bad news first? Well, bad news is Richard Madeley hosting on Monday and......well, there is no good news! :D

No..no...:eek:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 979
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Straker wrote: »
    Between Lee Hurst’s “geezerness” and the judo moron’s incredible thickness, it was hard work this morning. Thank God for Lowri Turner!

I have to say she has talked a lot of sense so far this week ( but then I missed most of yesterday) I know little of her sibings nor the accusations of homophobia. All I can say this week is that she seems a lot readier of listen to others and when she was determined to make a point more reasonable. Still no favourite of mine but a lot better than some of the crass ( and disappointing) remarks of Lee. I thought the little Judoko was not as bad as I anticipated. but then I didn't expect much to begin with.:rolleyes:
    Yes wasn't MW more supportive of the BBC than is his wont.
    Madeley oh Madley..please tell me this is a hoax..
  • fast leftfast left Posts: 2,553
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    is lowly turner still getting away with chatting rubbish ? and to have lee the humourless comedian,worse than even lenny henry on the same show too.wow how did anyone bare to watch let alone listen.not forgetting mr smug wright .what a dire line up !
This discussion has been closed.