Options

Bill Ward Emmerdale

2»

Comments

• Options
    PopsiemiaPopsiemia Posts: 5,135
    Forum Member
    avaconrad wrote: »
    When I heard he was joining ED I was looking forward to it as I had heard he was a really good actor when in CS.

God what a disappointment he has been awful actor, also he walks like he has s**t himself. I can only hope he leaves soon.
    He still has that Charlie Stubbs look.
    he just seems so smug!
    Sorry, I just don't like him.
  • Options
    80's Gal80's Gal Posts: 12,716
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think he's a good looking man, no question, the thing is he has been paired with 2 of the shows best actors, Cain & Moira imo, to do most of his scenes and it's showing to that he is a bit of a weak link however more time might be needed.

I agree with this.

He seems to be struggling to get a handle on how to portray the character, I guess I thought he would be similar in some ways to John Barton but so far I don't get that at all. I hope he improves because so far he has been a huge disappointment
  • Options
    80's Gal80's Gal Posts: 12,716
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No, its because the scripts are shit, his contemporaries are shit and the show is shit.

Not a fan then? :confused:
  • Options
    Janet PlankJanet Plank Posts: 10,252
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No, its because the scripts are shit, his contemporaries are shit and the show is shit.
    Don't be shy, The Rhydler, just speak out and tell us what you think. lol.
  • Options
    Lucylocket88Lucylocket88 Posts: 5,049
    Forum Member
    sorrento wrote: »
    I'n all fairness the stories he's been given so far have been dismal...they do say an actor can only be as good as the story they are portraying and until now they have been crap...hopefully he will get something decent soon.......

Good point. The actor just needs a good story. There is no problem with the actor, or character. The lack of good story material for the character, is the problem.
  • Options
    thejoyof_patthejoyof_pat Posts: 30,752
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Another reason why I don't really the character is because it seems like nobody knows what's happening with his feelings. At first we were told he was a gentleman who wouldn't try it on, 2 weeks later he makes a pass at Moira in a hotel and we're told in interviews he is in love with her and always has been. Then he goes away comes back to date Chas and suddenly 20 years of feelings have just 'gone' like that according to Bill's interpretation of the character. It's driving me crazy, I know some characters are harder to read but this flip flopping is doing my box in.
  • Options
    Sorcha_27Sorcha_27 Posts: 138,853
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I like him in emmerdale. I think he's gorgeous and a perfectly fine soap actor. The problem here is pairing him as a love rival with cain as imo he has zilch chemistry with moira as lovely as she is. His scenes with chas on the other hand are so much better and they should develop that pairing.
  • Options
    mo mousemo mouse Posts: 38,764
    Forum Member
    Another impotent loser. He should keep his hands off Chas.
  • Options
    SteveOwenSteveOwen Posts: 30,430
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like him in emmerdale. I think he's gorgeous and a perfectly fine soap actor. The problem here is pairing him as a love rival with cain as imo he has zilch chemistry with moira as lovely as she is. His scenes with chas on the other hand are so much better and they should develop that pairing.
    I agree. His relationship with Moira, whatever the nature of it, is not working. I gather there is supposed to be UST there but all I get from their interactions is awkwardness on her part and creepiness on his.
  • Options
    avaconradavaconrad Posts: 1,362
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SteveOwen wrote: »
    I agree. His relationship with Moira, whatever the nature of it, is not working. I gather there is supposed to be UST there but all I get from their interactions is awkwardness on her part and creepiness on his.

Sorry but his scenes Chas are awful, mind you I can only hope they stick together get married and then leave to run a farm far far away.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 235
    Forum Member
    Can't stand that stupid thing he does with his mouth.
    It wound me up when he did it on Corrie and now he does it on Emmerdale. Hope they kill his character off for that reason!
  • Options
    Babe RainbowBabe Rainbow Posts: 34,349
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I must be in the minority cos I think he's gorgeous. And I don't find him irritating at all.
  • Options
    RadicalNatureRadicalNature Posts: 5,104
    Forum Member
    I must be in the minority cos I think he's gorgeous. And I don't find him irritating at all.

Me too. I think he's brilliant, not "wooden" at all. All the better for us and our viewing :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Weirdo! :p

;-)
  • Options
    boogie woogieboogie woogie Posts: 16,440
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He gets an awful lot of stick on this forum.
  • Options
    MyBeautifulHairMyBeautifulHair Posts: 743
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well come join me in the minority, Babe. He is gorgeous, I've said before that Emmerdale's hair/makeup and wardrobe departments are doing Bill Ward a great disservice. What an incredible waste! >:(
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,867
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He reminds me of John Wayne with all his thumbs in jean pockets swaggering..
  • Options
    TellystarTellystar Posts: 12,253
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's his cocky swagger which annoys me
  • Options
    misty cloudmisty cloud Posts: 1,286
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He seems to lack chemistry with every character he interacts with, everyone looks uncomfortable around him. I don't think he works with Chas and I'm finding it hard to imagine how he and Moira ever got it on, she always looks repulsed by him.

I think it is the actor not the script that is the problem, he had an opportunity to show some emotion with Finn on a ventilator but it didn't seem to be a major source of concern to him >:( luckily his other sons stepped up to the mark.