Turner to Launch Free To Air Channel TruTV on Freeview

Comments

• epsomepsom Posts: 4,684
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Test transmissions for TruTV including programming, promos and ads are showing on Sky now, are they being shown on Freeview?
  • BizmanBizman Posts: 749
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No, not on my TV. :(
  • a516a516 Posts: 5,241
    Forum Member
    Whereas new channels need to enter into a period of test transmissions for inclusion on the Sky EPG, this is not required on Freeview.
  • hyperstarspongehyperstarsponge Posts: 16,696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    a516 wrote: »
    Whereas new channels need to enter into a period of test transmissions for inclusion on the Sky EPG, this is not required on Freeview.

Its acting as BBC RB 302 on Freeview at the moment for the Commonwealth Games.
  • a516a516 Posts: 5,241
    Forum Member
    Its acting as BBC RB 302 on Freeview at the moment for the Commonwealth Games.

Would seem the perfect fit. But the placeholder for truTV is on a different multiplex.
  • linkinpark875linkinpark875 Posts: 29,702
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    epsom wrote: »
    Coming August 4th. Schedule will include Conan O'Brien's late night chat show from another Turner network: TBS. 11pm Monday through Thursday.

I liked the Jay Leno show however any American chat show is a good idea as there's not much late night shows on UK TV.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I liked the Jay Leno show however any American chat show is a good idea as there's not much late night shows on UK TV.
    Yes Conan O'Brien was formerly seen in the UK on CNBC in his now defunct NBC chat show.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes Conan O'Brien was formerly seen in the UK on CNBC in his now defunct NBC chat show.

Ah so it's not the new one CNBC show now that replaced Leno?
  • beatrice39beatrice39 Posts: 1,801
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kjhskj75 wrote: »
    Not exactly their first - anyone remember Nuts TV ?

Their first was Turner Classic Movies ;-). What a blast from the past that is! Makes me feel very old.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    beatrice39 wrote: »
    Their first was Turner Classic Movies ;-). What a blast from the past that is! Makes me feel very old.

It beats me why they never put TCM on Freeview. It's showing movies older than what Film Four broadcasts. It's not a must have channel on Sky.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ah so it's not the new one CNBC show now that replaced Leno?
    No TruTV will be airing Conan's current chat show shown on TBS in the US.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,252
    Forum Member
    It beats me why they never put TCM on Freeview. It's showing movies older than what Film Four broadcasts. It's not a must have channel on Sky.
    It's not a must have channel anywhere, hence why it needs subscription revenue.

Sky's packages are designed to support minor unpopular channels off the backs of the popular ones.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No TruTV will be airing Conan's current chat show shown on TBS in the US.

Cool I will give this channel a chance atleast it's trying to show something different to the current drop of channels.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just received next weeks copy of the tv listings magazine TV & Satellite Week, and found no listings for TruTV. Surprising given both the magazines publishers (IPC Media) and TruTV are owned by Time Warner! Wonder if other IPC listing mags like TV Times, have made the same mistake?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just received next weeks copy of the tv listings magazine TV & Satellite Week, and found no listings for TruTV. Surprising given both the magazines publishers (IPC Media) and TruTV are owned by Time Warner! Wonder if other IPC listing mags like TV Times, have made the same mistake?
    Just to correct myself, Time Warner spun off their magazines division last month, so IPC Media is now owned by Time Inc. not Time Warner. TruTV is in a waiting list for inclusion in their listings magazines, the publisher advised me.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    TruTV is in a waiting list for inclusion in their listings magazines, the publisher advised me.
    Magazines have a relatively long lead time for the information to appear. It should be on your EPG however.
  • mikebukmikebuk Posts: 18,769
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sky 565, Freeview 68.

I will watch 'Redneck Island' with 'Stone Cold Steve Austin as host.
  • mikebukmikebuk Posts: 18,769
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My friend who has Virgin TV can't find it, anyone else with them having issues ?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mikebuk wrote: »
    My friend who has Virgin TV can't find it, anyone else with them having issues ?
    TruTV starts Monday at 1pm I believe, so Virgin will add to their EPG nearer the time. Channel 245 it is rumoured to be on.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    TruTV starts Monday at 1pm I believe
    Very true, even though my EPG has incorrectly populated from 07:00
  • M60M60 Posts: 5,596
    Forum Member
    Also Freesat LCN 154.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This post may not be a Freeview discussion, But it would be nice to have a HD channel of this as a good start.
  • tomeetomee Posts: 2,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bizman wrote: »
    Very true, even though my EPG has incorrectly populated from 07:00

The EPG has been updated to reflect the launch @13:00 on 4/8/14
  • M60M60 Posts: 5,596
    Forum Member
    This post may not be a Freeview discussion, But it would be nice to have a HD channel of this as a good start.

It wouldn't surprise me if Turner do a deal to get it on COM8 in HD, depending upon how much native HD content it has.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well I hope they going to get new content alongside that late night chat show.