Cora and Rainie...

vaslav37vaslav37 Posts: 69,469
Forum Member
✭✭
How will Cora react when she discovers that Rainie is back in Walford?

Comments

• writer_composerwriter_composer Posts: 1,543
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think Cora will be shocked at first, but be glad to see her daughter again. The last time she saw her she was sad to see her go, "go quickly now" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u5_Fb_83Vfw and also during the slow Ava introduction/build up to Tanya's wedding Christmas 2012, we saw Cora really desperate to get in touch with Rainie, going after to meet her and trying to reconnect.

At the end of the day, Rainie is her youngest child, her baby and always looks out for her. Sort of like Linda's over-protection for Johnny, but that's another story - another post on another thread!

Cora will enjoy having a daughter on the Square, although maybe not showing it through her tough exterior.
  • Kim_xKim_x Posts: 3,635
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Love to see how Rainie will react to Max, after hearing he was seeing Lucy.

Does Rainie know about Ava?
  • O-JO-J Posts: 18,846
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think Cora will be shocked at first, but be glad to see her daughter again. The last time she saw her she was sad to see her go, "go quickly now" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u5_Fb_83Vfw and also during the slow Ava introduction/build up to Tanya's wedding Christmas 2012, we saw Cora really desperate to get in touch with Rainie, going after to meet her and trying to reconnect.

At the end of the day, Rainie is her youngest child, her baby and always looks out for her. Sort of like Linda's over-protection for Johnny, but that's another story - another post on another thread!

Cora will enjoy having a daughter on the Square, although maybe not showing it through her tough exterior.

Hopefully Cora will forget about her Grandson and its byebye Dexter!!
  • SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    vaslav37 wrote: »
    How will Cora react when she discovers that Rainie is back in Walford?

Don't know and don't care. Can't stand Cora. >:(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kim_x wrote: »

Just realised, Ava's name is Ava when spelled backwards! :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My username spelled backwards is Nelanebneb :D
  • vaslav37vaslav37 Posts: 69,469
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Rainie has no idea about Ava as she has had no contact with Cora or Tanya since she left.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,734
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rainie cut Cora out of her life because she identified that her mother was a trigger for her substance abuse. Unless Cora addresses her alcoholism there is really no point to Rainie's return unless the aim is to evoke pity for Cora by having Rainie reject her again. However, it would be hard to be sympathetic to a woman who refuses to address the one thing that endangered her daughter's life and damaged their relationship and almost killed her granddaughter. I would love to see Eastenders tackle the impact of alcohol abuse on families by having Cora realise how her drinking has affected her daughters and granddaughter. Rainie's return is the perfect opportunity.

Lucy was nothing to Rainie and Tanya and Max had long been separated before the affair. It's really none of her business. Rainie also came to Max's house while she was high allowing his teenage daughter to see her aunt strung out on drugs. She is no position to judge him.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Keeki wrote: »
    Rainie cut Cora out of her life because she identified that her mother was a trigger for her substance abuse. Unless Cora addresses her alcoholism there is really no point to Rainie's return unless the aim is to evoke pity for Cora by having Rainie reject her again. However, it would be hard to be sympathetic to a woman who refuses to address the one thing that endangered her daughter's life and damaged their relationship and almost killed her granddaughter. I would love to see Eastenders tackle the impact of alcohol abuse on families by having Cora realise how her drinking has affected her daughters and granddaughter. Rainie's return is the perfect opportunity.

Lucy was nothing to Rainie and Tanya and Max had long been separated before the affair. It's really none of her business. Rainie also came to Max's house while she was high allowing his teenage daughter to see her aunt strung out on drugs. She is no position to judge him.

I think DTC has brought back Rainie for Cora, Cora has been underused since Ava and Tanya left and Ann Mitchell and Tanya Franks are both superb actresses. I do see Khali Best leaving at the end of his contract.
  • los.kavlos.kav Posts: 8,053
    Forum Member
    Is Tanya Franks back for any length of time, or is it just a quick return?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    los.kav wrote: »
    Is Tanya Franks back for any length of time, or is it just a quick return?

Its a permanent return.
  • los.kavlos.kav Posts: 8,053
    Forum Member
    Its a permanent return.

Ah brilliant! I think she's great.
  • jamesc_715jamesc_715 Posts: 8,505
    Forum Member
    I don't think Tanya Franks is back permanently. She's probably back for several months.
  • radcliffe95radcliffe95 Posts: 4,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hopefully a perfunctory nod and that's it, the less time that vile witch is on screen the better.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I hope we get to see some stuff between Cora and Rainie... Ann Mitchell deserves better material than she currently gets.
  • jamesc_715jamesc_715 Posts: 8,505
    Forum Member
    I hope we get to see some stuff between Cora and Rainie... Ann Mitchell deserves better material than she currently gets.

I think we will see more scenes of Cora and Rainie in 2/3 weeks time. I may like Cora again when she has scenes with Rainie :). Yes Ann Mitchell needs more screentime as she's a very good actress.
  • dd68dd68 Posts: 17,837
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's kind of surreal that Rainie and Ava never met
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Rainie is still unaware of Ava and Cora has no idea that Rainie is lurking around the corner but after last night's question about Rainie from Patrick, is Cora suspicious that her wayward daughter is actually in Walford?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 515
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Personally, I wish they'd kept Rainie on the straight and narrow and just had someone else for Cora to anchor and interact with. I don't understand what happened to tip the boat again for Rainie. I also think it's a bit weird that she seems to revert to the same outfit whenever in the midst of an addiction storyline. Does she hide them away and return to change into them when she falls off the wagon? It's just a shame they don't utilise a mother-daughter dynamic when it's there - it would bring so much out of Cora. It's also not a relationship dynamic we see much of the on the square any more, save Carol and her daughters. I suppose there's Linda and Nancy, but once she's "got her in a dress" I'm sure that'll be it for them.

I don't know. On one hand it's realistic to show an addict lapsing back into using, but I think they just wheel on Bad-Rainie whenever they need someone to hiss at Ian Beale or be a right nasty bastard when Janine's not about. I think it's more about needing her to do that than progressing the character, which is a shame as she could have a place on the show again, for a bit.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Personally, I wish they'd kept Rainie on the straight and narrow and just had someone else for Cora to anchor and interact with. I don't understand what happened to tip the boat again for Rainie. I also think it's a bit weird that she seems to revert to the same outfit whenever in the midst of an addiction storyline. Does she hide them away and return to change into them when she falls off the wagon? It's just a shame they don't utilise a mother-daughter dynamic when it's there - it would bring so much out of Cora. It's also not a relationship dynamic we see much of the on the square any more, save Carol and her daughters. I suppose there's Linda and Nancy, but once she's "got her in a dress" I'm sure that'll be it for them.

I don't know. On one hand it's realistic to show an addict lapsing back into using, but I think they just wheel on Bad-Rainie whenever they need someone to hiss at Ian Beale or be a right nasty bastard when Janine's not about. I think it's more about needing her to do that than progressing the character, which is a shame as she could have a place on the show again, for a bit.

Very good post.
  • dd68dd68 Posts: 17,837
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I liked good Rainie!
  • asortafairytaleasortafairytale Posts: 768
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I really like Rainie but wish they'd explore her as a character beyond just being an addict. For someone so troubled she must have an interesting background story.
  • EbealeEbeale Posts: 2,403
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really like Rainie but wish they'd explore her as a character beyond just being an addict. For someone so troubled she must have an interesting background story.

Couldnt agree more, she has the potential to pull of a dark gritty storyline as the main actress. She just needs more links, Tanya would have been ideal. (Poisonous Tanya rather than the new Tanya)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Rainie is back as a regular so we see her fractured relationship with Cora revisited.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,885
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just had a great thought for the future....Rainie and Nick :D They could be amazingly messed up together!