Options

Best Ever Return (single episode)

MrJamesMrJames Posts: 8,127
Forum Member
The iconic one is obviously Sharon Watts' 2001 return and rightly so. It's fabulous.

And Charity Dingle's 2009 return still gives me shivers.

And you?

Comments

• Options
    0...00...0 Posts: 21,111
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree with you on Sharon. Also Den's return episode was fantastic.
  • Options
    kitkat1971kitkat1971 Posts: 39,257
    Forum Member
    Even though I think the return in general wasn't good and shoudn't have been done that first episode of Den Watts with Sharon at Angie's Den was very good.
  • Options
    Rich_WilsonRich_Wilson Posts: 459
    Forum Member
    Kim Tate's return in May 1997 was brilliant!! Returning from the dead to help finish off estranged hubby Frank! Number 1 for me!

Sharon's in 2001 was great viewing too!! "Hello Peggy...Bet you never thought you'd see me again..."
  • Options
    O-JO-J Posts: 18,850
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    For me it was, Phil and Grant in the same episode in 2005!
  • Options
    Broken_ArrowBroken_Arrow Posts: 10,637
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sharon 2001 and Den's return from the dead. Classic soap moments.
  • Options
    big danbig dan Posts: 7,878
    Forum Member
    Den back from the dead. They somehow made such an OTT scenario work and was imo Letitia Dean's best ever performance.
  • Options
    boogie woogieboogie woogie Posts: 16,437
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sharon reappearing behind the bar at the Vic in 2001 much to Peggy's horror. Brilliant.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,836
    Forum Member
    Got to agree that Sharon's return at the end of the ep with the duff duff was fantastic - one of EE great iconic moments and definately it's best return. Nothing was ever going to match that. It just all came perfectly together. A former popular and established character with a strong (the strongest) tie to the vic returning to compete with a new(ish) but now firmly established and popular character for the pub.

Alas these days things are too contrived. But even though I've heard the odd comment about why would Sharon return; it made perfect sense given how much she loved the pub and the fact she was driven out of her home.

So classic.
  • Options
    TheTrader78TheTrader78 Posts: 948
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Stopped watching EE years ago but Grant Mitchell coming back to crack some skulls is my favourite.
  • Options
    ALowsleyALowsley Posts: 886
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Got to be Sharon's 2001 return. Best ever return and she fitted in really well.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Stopped watching EE years ago but Grant Mitchell coming back to crack some skulls is my favourite.

??? Was this the nuGrant with the chilled attitude?? I must have missed those skulls.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,035
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I liked Bets return in CS in 2002, I never watched her first time,
  • Options
    actual_soapactual_soap Posts: 5,378
    Forum Member
    Sharon 2001. Camper than Christmas. Fabulous
  • Options
    NathanJohnsonNathanJohnson Posts: 2,672
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I liked Dennis Tanner's return in 2011, especially the scene when he arrived back in Coronation Street and was standing outside number 11 (his old home) looking at the writings under the window 'Dennis Tanner 1951'. Then Rita spotted him and recognized him.

Although not exactly a single episode, I liked the episode that followed it when Dennis disclosed his mum Elsie's fate "They don't make them like that anymore". It's a shame the rest of his stint wasn't that good.
  • Options
    TheTrader78TheTrader78 Posts: 948
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Filiman wrote: »
    ??? Was this the nuGrant with the chilled attitude?? I must have missed those skulls.

His first return to save Peggy from Johnny Allen...beat up the guy strangling Peggy, threw Dennis Rickman about in the Vic...I just remember the line 'I thought we was gonna crack some skulls' when getting talked down about going back out to find Johnny Allen.
  • Options
    BelligerenceBelligerence Posts: 40,613
    Forum Member
    Sharon in 2001 and Raquel in 2000.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    His first return to save Peggy from Johnny Allen...beat up the guy strangling Peggy, threw Dennis Rickman about in the Vic...I just remember the line 'I thought we was gonna crack some skulls' when getting talked down about going back out to find Johnny Allen.

Oh yeah - now I remember him throwing Dennis across the bar; sry prior to your post I just remembered Chrissie outwitting the skulls of grant, phil, Peggy, Sam, and billy combined!!!!!!!!! ;)
  • Options
    GeekInfectedGeekInfected Posts: 6,372
    Forum Member
    Serious answer: Dirty Den's return

Half-Jokey answer: Lucy Beale's return in the funeral parlour.

Jokey answer: Amy's return from Spain
  • Options
    Hound of LoveHound of Love Posts: 80,118
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kim Tate's return in May 1997 was brilliant!! Returning from the dead to help finish off estranged hubby Frank! Number 1 for me!

Sharon's in 2001 was great viewing too!! "Hello Peggy...Bet you never thought you'd see me again..."

Agree with both of these.
  • Options
    Jean_DanielsJean_Daniels Posts: 5,031
    Forum Member
    2 words david wicks
  • Options
    Sorcha_27Sorcha_27 Posts: 138,852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    MrJames wrote: »
    The iconic one is obviously Sharon Watts' 2001 return and rightly so. It's fabulous.

And Charity Dingle's 2009 return still gives me shivers.

And you?

I agree about Sharon's. I adored Grant's return "Allo Mum"

I miss him so much :(
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 15
    Forum Member
    Sharon 2001 return & Kim Tate return oh and dens one aswell
  • Options
    Tom-Bennett.Tom-Bennett. Posts: 2,558
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Zak Dingles return in 2003 sticks to my mind, a feel good return