Options

Big Brother is ending on a downer.

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,939
Forum Member
✭✭✭
This is how we celebrate some of the best housemates of the series? Ah, watching these interviews tonight, I'm so glad that Big Brother has ended. I can't believe it's taken me this long to realise this. It's also taken me this long to realise how not-nice Davina is (I didn't watch most of BB9). Also, Endemol seem to not care about celebrating the series over the years, but boosting UBB's popularity/profile through celebs.

It's like when you have a favourite musician but then they suddenly change musical direction and gain a completely different fanbase. This happened years ago, and again, it took me this long to realise it.

Bah.

Comments

• Options
    Lou17Lou17 Posts: 30,900
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah Yeah wrote: »
    This is how we celebrate some of the best housemates of the series? Ah, watching these interviews tonight, I'm so glad that Big Brother has ended. I can't believe it's taken me this long to realise this. It's also taken me this long to realise how not-nice Davina is (I didn't watch most of BB9). Also, Endemol seem to not care about celebrating the series over the years, but boosting UBB's popularity/profile through celebs.

It's like when you have a favourite musician but then they suddenly change musical direction and gain a completely different fanbase. This happened years ago, and again, it took me this long to realise it.

Bah.

That appears to be the case :(

They just want someone that will dominate the Mags/and media is pathetic really what this show has become. Its going out with a whimper and we'll ahve either Chantelle or Ulrika winning this:rolleyes:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,060
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Big Brother as The Sugababes?:D

Makosi and Nadia being replaced by Vanessa Feltz is a classic BB ****-up.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 420
    Forum Member
    I agree!
  • Options
    Reality SucksReality Sucks Posts: 28,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    have to agree with you. The crowd have no respect for anyone and it's depressing watching people being booed. Nadia's always been emotional - it's her Latin temperament. So sad to see her upset.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,712
    Forum Member
    It's such an anti-climax. I've been such a massive BB fan since the first series and to see it evolve (or devolve) into this farce is very sad. I'm glad that it is ending now.

It reminds me of this Yeats quote: "And fastened to a dying animal"

:(
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 386
    Forum Member
    Makosi, Nadia...2 BB legends being treated like sh*t.... the crowd probably don't even watch BB, they were just attracted to the noise and lights, like vermin. They'll crawl back to their hole ready to return next Friday.
  • Options
    MARTYM8MARTYM8 Posts: 44,710
    Forum Member
    Its just horrible.

Makosi and Nadia were two of the greatest BB housemates ever - they deserved better than being booed by the low life rent a crowd.

A depressing end to what should have been a celebration. No doubt the spoilt brat will win this now - even worse!
  • Options
    Ms Ann ThropeMs Ann Thrope Posts: 7,213
    Forum Member
    Its such a shame, and Feltz, urgh urgh urgh. NOT an ultimate housemate at all, just an also ran.
  • Options
    Matt7Matt7 Posts: 2,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Best result ever cant stand Makosi or Nadia after the way they acted. Vanessa looks like she is going to be a classic.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Its such a shame, and Feltz, urgh urgh urgh. NOT an ultimate housemate at all, just an also ran.

Neither are Preston or Ulrika to be honest.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 386
    Forum Member
    Please, someone tell me the fricking point in throwing in Vanessa now??? One reason from anyone....please!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 446
    Forum Member
    OP ; youre everything I dislike about BB fanbase.

You pretend now that you appreciated when it was amazing, when looking at your past posts, all you did was moan about everything and everyone in it.

You were obviously a big Makosi fan, and you're gutted she's gone but stop flooding the forum with hate posts - just switch off if you dislike it that much. It ruins it for the rest of us that are still enjoying the show.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    1215fiona wrote: »
    Please, someone tell me the fricking point in throwing in Vanessa now??? One reason from anyone....please!

Why would they not choose a more interesting past HM (e.g. Aisleyne) I can't think of a good reason for putting Vanessa in! Wonder how long before she walks...?
    natec wrote: »

You pretend now that you appreciated when it was amazing, when looking at your past posts, all you did was moan about everything and everyone in it.

You were obviously a big Makosi fan, and you're gutted she's gone but stop flooding the forum with hate posts - just switch off if you dislike it that much. It ruins it for the rest of us that are still enjoying the show.

This is a forum for discussion. We can't all post positively all the time, particularly if we disagree with the way in which the show has devolved.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,445
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    wbtn wrote: »
    He's out, get over it
    Who's out? What are you on about?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 26,853
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Its a shame. I didnt vote this week because I saw the writing on the wall.

Makosi and Nadia: Both big characters, housemates we loved or detested in equal measure, who brought a lot to their individual years of BB and who thoroughly (imo) deserved their place in UBB despite the fact that I really couldnt stand them.

They are gone and who do we get? Vanessa Feltz. Honestly, I've tried to be optimistic about this but it really is on a downer now.

I dont' love all the following, but I hope one of them wins because out of those in there now, they are the ONLY ones who can be said to be the "big" characters of BB over the years.

Brian
    Nikki
    Nick
    Victor

To a slightly lesser extent.
    Michelle
    Chantelle.

Not at all deserving of the UBB crown
    Preston
    Ulrika
    Vanessa
  • Options
    Eric_BlobEric_Blob Posts: 7,756
    Forum Member
    Yeah Yeah wrote: »

Bah.

Yeah, BB9 was incredible for Davina bias. Much worse than even UBB and probably BB11.

Rachel winning was absolutely fantastic. Davina was very visibly upset about it in the interview and on BBBM afterwards.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Lizzy11268 wrote: »

I dont' love all the following, but I hope one of them wins because out of those in there now, they are the ONLY ones who can be said to be the "big" characters of BB over the years.

Brian
    Nikki
    Nick
    Victor

To a slightly lesser extent.
    Michelle
    Chantelle.

Not at all deserving of the UBB crown
    Preston
    Ulrika
    Vanessa

I totally agree!
  • Options
    Lou17Lou17 Posts: 30,900
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    natec wrote: »

Why are people not entitled to a negative opinion on the show?
  • Options
    BellaRosaBellaRosa Posts: 36,593
    Forum Member
    It's not the way I thought the last BB would end.
    Very disappointing.
  • Options
    MARTYM8MARTYM8 Posts: 44,710
    Forum Member
    Eric_Blob wrote: »
    Yeah, BB9 was incredible for Davina bias. Much worse than even UBB and probably BB11.

Rachel winning was absolutely fantastic. Davina was very visibly upset about it in the interview and on BBBM afterwards.

Yes - great wasn't it. She never forgave Rachel though.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,618
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    no wonder most of the ex housemates wouldnt go in....... hatched job because of the fake romance lovers
  • Options
    027huds027huds Posts: 12,571
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The change in audience to BB has really ruined the show. It used to be an adult show, but it's become something that celebrates teeny bopper chav culture. You only have to look at that vile collection of trolls who turned up and reduced a housemate to tears and still continued to boo.

For a matter of fact, why on earth were the interviews outside anyway?

Nadia and Makosi collectively gave us 22 weeks of entertainment and should be celebrated, not given such an awful hostile reception.

The crowd really is the lowest of the low. Whatever happened to the decent people that used to turn up to celebrate what evictees had brought to the series, rather than hating on people for having a negative opinion about someone they lust after.

Five really have got a lot of sh*t to clear up before they can ever make this show decent again. They should start with getting rid of the outside crowd and making it a studio affair with a crowd which actually cheers rather than chanting "off, off, off" over the interviews.

To top it all off, we lost two big characters to make way for Vanessa Feltz! I'd of rather they kept it a single eviction instead.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 26,853
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    027huds wrote: »
    The change in audience to BB has really ruined the show. It used to be an adult show, but it's become something that celebrates teeny bopper chav culture. You only have to look at that vile collection of trolls who turned up and reduced a housemate to tears and still continued to boo.

For a matter of fact, why on earth were the interviews outside anyway?

Nadia and Makosi collectively gave us 22 weeks of entertainment and should be celebrated, not given such an awful hostile reception.

The crowd really is the lowest of the low. Whatever happened to the decent people that used to turn up to celebrate what evictees had brought to the series, rather than hating on people for having a negative opinion about someone they lust after.

Five really have got a lot of sh*t to clear up before they can ever make this show decent again. They should start with getting rid of the outside crowd and making it a studio affair with a crowd which actually cheers rather than chanting "off, off, off" over the interviews.

To top it all off, we lost two big characters to make way for Vanessa Feltz! I'd of rather they kept it a single eviction instead.

I agree about the crowd. I mean, there's always boo's and thats part of the pantomime of BB, but in years gone by once the crowd had given the evicted HM a good booing, they would settle down and listen and they always got a cheer in the end. Well, apart from Makosi first time round.
  • Options
    ofniofni Posts: 3,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is the way the world ends
    Not with a bang but a whimper.

T H Elliott The Hollow Men
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 446
    Forum Member
    Lou17 wrote: »
    Why are people not entitled to a negative opinion on the show?

Please try to interpret properly what I've written .
    Of course everyone is entitled to have negative opinions, that is CLEARLY not my point.

I said (if you read it properly, which you clearly didnt) that I dislike when people pretend that they ever appreciated any of the show, when in fact, they've done nothing but moan about it constantly.