Doctor Who: Christmas Invasion Repeat

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,110
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Just a little pointer to the fact that The Christmas Invasion is getting another airing on Friday night (10th Feb) at 9pm on BBC3.

(in case anyone missed it on Christmas Day .... )

Comments

• EaglestrikerEaglestriker Posts: 3,559
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Huh - miss it? Its like missing a rock on a Skiing course. But dont let that remark offend people who have missed it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,110
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Huh - miss it? Its like missing a rock on a Skiing course. But dont let that remark offend people who have missed it.
    There will be the odd poor sap who needs our help :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 272
    Forum Member
    Oh No ! Not again.

In my opinion this was a real turkey. The story stunk worse than week old leftovers.

Didn't see enough of the doctor to tell if Tenant will be any good so the jury is out on that one.

Hopefully the writing in the new series will be a bit less infantile and more imaginative like some of the best eps from the last series.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,690
    Forum Member
    TV_Guru wrote:
    Oh No ! Not again.
    As far as I can recall, this will only be the second repeat.

What I find more interesting is the timing; has the repeat been positioned to remind us that series two isn't that far away?

There is a DW weekend coming up soon on UKTVGold - see the seperate thread on this forum.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,547
    Forum Member
    TV_Guru wrote:
    Oh No ! Not again.

In my opinion this was a real turkey. The story stunk worse than week old leftovers.

Didn't see enough of the doctor to tell if Tenant will be any good so the jury is out on that one.

Hopefully the writing in the new series will be a bit less infantile and more imaginative like some of the best eps from the last series.

Oh come on - it was much better than that! For a light Christmas tale, I thought it was very good - certainly head and shoulders above some of the "infantile" stories from the first series.

As for DT - I will be very surprised if he doesn't turn out to be excellent. From what we have seen of him already, he has the makings of one of the best Doctors yet!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,118
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There will be the odd poor sap who needs our help :D

Poor sap here...

Thank you BBC3 for repeating it!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,767
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    anagoge wrote:
    Poor sap here...

In the absence of any new episodes the repeat is most welcome!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    anagoge wrote:
    Poor sap here...

I'm sorry ..... :o
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,690
    Forum Member
    In the absence of any new episodes the repeat is most welcome!
    In the absence of any new episodes, I guess all DW repeats are most welcome.
  • CMCM Posts: 33,235
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just a little pointer to the fact that The Christmas Invasion is getting another airing on Friday night (10th Feb) at 9pm on BBC3.

(in case anyone missed it on Christmas Day .... )

And it is certainly worth seeing again and again. :)

am i Ginger/ funny/ sexy/ left handed/ thought Doctor was talking about me at first. :)
    Forum Member
    And it is certainly worth seeing again and again. :)

Even with a DOG! :(
  • CMCM Posts: 33,235
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    stuart62 wrote:

You will haft to explain that to me, :confused:

has your wife left you,????

and it's just you and the dog now,???? :confused:
  • digipersondigiperson Posts: 4,825
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    stuart62 wrote:

They don't tend to have it on screen when they show Doctor Who episodes on BBC Three, but not too sure about this.

digiperson
    Forum Member
    digiperson wrote:
    They don't tend to have it on screen when they show Doctor Who episodes on BBC Three, but not too sure about this.

digiperson

They did tonight. Maybe the announcer will say when the nes series starts?

Oh well, maybe not!
  • KrisHaywardKrisHayward Posts: 4,537
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    it was a mistake watching it again.... i hadnt thought bout doctor who since xmas and the time was passing quickly
    now im really excited bout new series again and cant wait all that time
  • mossy2103mossy2103 Posts: 84,308
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    stuart62 wrote:
    Oh **** - well that's a bit of a downer then. :mad:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    it was a mistake watching it again.... i hadnt thought bout doctor who since xmas and the time was passing quickly

ditto. :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm going to sit in a disused police box down the bottom of the garden for a few months, it helps pass the time .....
  • Letsby_AvenueLetsby_Avenue Posts: 161
    Forum Member
    Any news of this being released on DVD yet? It seems like it was ages ago and there has been no mention of it!!
    Forum Member
    Any news of this being released on DVD yet? It seems like it was ages ago and there has been no mention of it!!

most people seem to think it will be included as part of the Series 2 boxed set (and along with the first individual release from series 2, probably). There has been no definite announcement, yet, so we will find out for sure at some point.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    stuart62 wrote:
    most people seem to think it will be included as part of the Series 2 boxed set (and along with the first individual release from series 2, probably). There has been no definite announcement, yet, so we will find out for sure at some point.

I think there was something in the last DW Monthly that The Christmas Invasion would be released on the vanilla DVD version with the series two episode New Earth and then as part of the boxset later in the year with all the extras.
    Forum Member
    I think there was something in the last DW Monthly that The Christmas Invasion would be released on the vanilla DVD version with the series two episode New Earth and then as part of the boxset later in the year with all the extras.

Ah right! My sub to DWM is just about to run out and I'm not going to bother resubscribing. All the info appears on the net pretty soon after it's printed.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    stuart62 wrote:
    Ah right! My sub to DWM is just about to run out and I'm not going to bother resubscribing. All the info appears on the net pretty soon after it's printed.

I usuallly read my mates copy of it as think it is too expensive for what you get in it.