School of Comedy - Series 2 on E4

flyingvflyingv Posts: 4,302
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Did anyone else watch the first episode of this on Monday night? I have to admit I was looking forward to it as I really enjoyed the first series (esp the wartime lesbians and the South African security guards :D) but somehow it didn't seem as funny this time round. The Saffa accents were certainly very 'orf' - although the girl's accent was better than Will Poulter's. I'm getting a bit bored with the weirdo in the art gallery, but I do generally like the show. What does everyone else think of it?

Hope there isn't a thread already - I did do a search but didn't find anything.

Comments

• StrakerStraker Posts: 79,628
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Am a huge fan of the first series but I’d agree that this second series seems to have lost some of the vigour of the first.

They need to bring back the "shot his face off in Jo’burg" line. :D

I predict that Beth Rylance will be a big star in the footur.
  • AdamDowdsAdamDowds Posts: 2,598
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I just wish I'd been able to take part! I caught the end of it last night, and have put it in my plans to watch the rest of it sometime this weekend.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 234
    Forum Member
    I missed most of the 1st series, but watched this new one after The Inbetweeners.

I was amazed at what good actors some of these young men and women are-potential stars in the making. The guy and girl in the blind wife and henpecked husband sketch were spot on.
  • StrakerStraker Posts: 79,628
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    King Wrong wrote: »
    The guy and girl in the blind wife and henpecked husband sketch were spot on.

Will Poulter and Beth Rylance.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 234
    Forum Member
    I thank you!
  • flyingvflyingv Posts: 4,302
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Straker wrote: »
    Am a huge fan of the first series but I’d agree that this second series seems to have lost some of the vigour of the first.

They need to bring back the "shot his face off in Jo’burg" line. :D

I predict that Beth Rylance will be a big star in the footur.
    Thanks Straker, and yes I'd agree on the 'Joburg' line and that she'll be a star.