Q: Reg. Burning Flags/Poppy's

2»

Comments

• Options
    tysonstormtysonstorm Posts: 24,609
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hypnodisc wrote: »
    Because of that you ditch Facebook? I mean.. really?

Well an excuse to ditch FB. Been trying on and off for over a year. :p
    You should probably ditch DS too in that case, maybe even real life if you can't cope that much! :eek:

Don't mind arguing on DS though, it's a forum and it's anonymous. :p
    I see all sorts of crap on Facebook and ignore the stuff I either don't like or isn't relevant.

Sometimes even the most stupidest things are just to hard to ignore. :D
    Maybe you don't realise this.. but this woud have been worse in real life (you do have arguments in real life too don't you?) and could have led to a heated argument. Facebook would be a safer medium :D

True, if I could *like* your comment I would. :p
  • Options
    HypnodiscHypnodisc Posts: 22,728
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What happened to the Muslim boy that threatened the girl, the authorities deemed that it wasn't a serious threat and didn't warrant any intervention.

The still went down to the school and indoctrinated the pupils with how it is wrong to burn a Koran on face book, which is a matter of opinion no a fact.[/QUOTE]

There are certainly exceptions, but that applies either way. The media has portrayed things as one sided.

I wouldn't burn a bible despite the fact I believe it's complete fiction, because it's just grossly disrespectful.

I don't wear a Poppy (long explanation, I've probably explained it before), but I wouldn't burn it out of respect for others, again.

Ditto the Qu'ran.

But just because of my own thoughts above, if someone wants to go and do any of that, they probably should be able to because otherwise where do you stop with the 'censorship'?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 36,630
    Forum Member
    What happened to the Muslim boy that threatened the girl, the authorities deemed that it wasn't a serious threat and didn't warrant any intervention.

The still went down to the school and indoctrinated the pupils with how it is wrong to burn a Koran on face book, which is a matter of opinion no a fact.

The BBC report said that one boy was arrested for making threats to the girl, maybe that was him.