Options

Last Movie You Watched? (Part 6)

Comments

• Options
    Ancient IDTVAncient IDTV Posts: 10,174
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Expendables 2 - Much more enjoyable than the first one.
  • Options
    CLL DodgeCLL Dodge Posts: 115,873
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    American Mary [2012]. Directors: Jen & Sylvia Soska

7/10

Quirky and effective horror movie.
  • Options
    JackassfanJackassfan Posts: 3,430
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • Options
    jeff_vaderjeff_vader Posts: 938
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Distant Voices, Still Lives (iplayer). Beautifully shot, cast and acted. 10/10.
  • Options
    HeartacheHeartache Posts: 4,299
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Girl with the Dragon Tattoo 2009 version last night on Film 4. Never watched it before, really enjoyed it. (well apart from the terrible rape scene)
  • Options
    fmradiotuner1fmradiotuner1 Posts: 20,499
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hangover 7 out of 10
    Hangover 2 6 out of 10
    Hangover 3 5 out of 10 was a bit different from the other 2
  • Options
    NinjyBearNinjyBear Posts: 8,317
    Forum Member
    Black Rock - 2/10

This is 40 - 3/10

Dead Man Down - 4/10
  • Options
    Sweet FASweet FA Posts: 10,926
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Papillon. Felt invested in this as I'd read and enjoyed the book yonks ago - in my teens I think - but couldn't remember the details. Can't believe it's taken me this long to see it. 8/10

The Merchant of Venice - 6.5/10
  • Options
    Sweet FASweet FA Posts: 10,926
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jeff_vader wrote: »
    ...but Patric's character such an a*hole, almost made watching unbearable. 7/10...
    Yes the character was truly despicable but his performance of it was first class. I only hope he was method acting...
  • Options
    farmer bobfarmer bob Posts: 27,595
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Quiller Memorandum- reasonably enjoyable, George Segal not a patch on our Harry Palmer though.
    Moon- excellent, thoroughly enjoyed this, a bit unusual. Thumbs up.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,720
    Forum Member
    Independence Day - 9/10
  • Options
    BastardBeaverBastardBeaver Posts: 11,903
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am watching Battle Royale now and I will already give it 10/10. It's just ace. They haven't even been given their backpacks yet and I remember how much I love it.

I would love to know from any Japanese forum members, or anyone who lived in Japan, how the film went down there?
  • Options
    emmageeringemmageering Posts: 5,167
    Forum Member
    From This Day Forward (1946) - 6.5/10
  • Options
    farmer bobfarmer bob Posts: 27,595
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    10 Rillington Place. John Hurt, Judy Geeson and Dickie Attenborough at his creepiest as Christie.
  • Options
    ArcanaArcana Posts: 37,521
    Forum Member
    Solstice (2008)

Run-of-the-mill and derivative supernatural thriller/horror but some atmospheric locations are well presented by the cinematography.

Green For Danger (1946)

I don't watch a lot of old films but this drew me in mainly because of Alistair Sim. On the strength of this one I shall be watching more. Excellent mystery/thriller with a fine cast.
  • Options
    CLL DodgeCLL Dodge Posts: 115,873
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    The Original Kings of Comedy [2000]. Director: Spike Lee

5/10

A filmed comedy gig. The audience go wild every time someone says mother****er.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,940
    Forum Member
    Antiviral. Kind of weird but I enjoyed it. Could see a few of the obsessives on here buying into it's concept! ;)

7/10

Aftershock. Good brainless (and often tasteless) fun. Lots of Eli Roth haters voting it down on IMDB but I thought it was OK.

6/10
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • Options
    revolver44revolver44 Posts: 22,766
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Red Planet (1997)

Val Kilmer and crew take a flight to Mars to check if NASA's terra-forming is going to plan. Cue lots of mishaps and skullduggery. This film wasn't well received at the time but I like it, the sfx are still decent and tho the plot sags heavily in the middle the final third is excellent. It also has a really good robot that goes batshit.

7/10

The Bounty (1984)

Anthony Hopkins absolutely imperious as Wiiliam Bligh, giving a acting masterclass to all involved. Mel Gibson is less convincing as Christian but it's a superb film, it looks stunning and really captures the period. Also has appearances from pre-megastardom Daniel Day Lewis and Liam Neeson. Vangelis' score is also magnificent.

9/10
  • Options
    zwixxxzwixxx Posts: 10,295
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Lone Ranger - the cracking last 30mins :) doesn't make up for the really depressing slaughter of the Indians. :(
  • Options
    MrGiles2MrGiles2 Posts: 1,997
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    farmer bob wrote: »
    10 Rillington Place. John Hurt, Judy Geeson and Dickie Attenborough at his creepiest as Christie.

A very good version of the Rillington Place murders, although not entirely accurate.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Byzantium 9/10. A very good film starring Gemma Arteton and Saiorse Ronan as mother and daughter vampires.

Skilfully directed by Neil Jordan with a good storyline; British made of course thankfully. Better than a lot of the twaddle coming out of the States recently.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jackassfan wrote: »

Kings Row is a classic. It should be shown more often on TV since it is hard to find on Region 2 DVD. By the way, the music score composed by Korngold is one of his finest creations.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    filmfan7 wrote: »
    Quatermass 1955 9/10

Quatermass 2 1957 8/10

Classic 50s Hammer Horrors !.. surprised and glad they havnt remade these classic films !

I agree, they couldn't possibly remake these classics, I have watched them frequently over the years and also have copies of the original TV Broadcasts. Of course, only the first two episodes of Quatermass Experiment exist, but Quatermass 2 and Quatermass and The Pit, every episode exists and can still be purchased in a box set from Amazon.
This discussion has been closed.