Options

HDR 2000-T remote

barbelerbarbeler Posts: 23,827
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Does anybody know how it might be possible to uncouple the remote control from the television. It seems as if the PVR always has to be started before the TV, or else you get a blue screen, even when the blue light is showing. At other times, it suddenly kicks in with a disturbing whirring and buzzing sound. I coupled my remote to operate the TV, but it's now getting so annoying that I wish I could switch each one on using their individual remotes. As far as I can tell, once you have set the TV code you can't remove it.

Comments

• Options
    Mickey_TMickey_T Posts: 4,962
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Put in a code for another manufacturer of tv?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Doesn't work. The remote only blinks to recognise a valid code - anything else is ignored.
  • Options
    chrisjrchrisjr Posts: 33,282
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    barbeler wrote: »
    Doesn't work. The remote only blinks to recognise a valid code - anything else is ignored.
    But if you put in a valid code for some random make of TV that will be accepted. The Humax remote has no idea what actual TV you have so won't care that you enter, for example, a Samsung code when you actually own a Sony TV.

But since you are using the "wrong" code the Humax remote won't operate the TV.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm almost certain that isn't correct. The remote only blinks three times when it has communicated with the TV. Any non-matching codes will simply be ignored. Even some of the Toshiba codes aren't accepted by the remote for my Toshiba Regza TV.
  • Options
    chrisjrchrisjr Posts: 33,282
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm almost certain that isn't correct. The remote only blinks three times when it has communicated with the TV. Any non-matching codes will simply be ignored. Even some of the Toshiba codes aren't accepted by the remote for my Toshiba Regza TV.

It's one way communication surely? I can't think of any way that the TV can send anything back to the remote or why it would need to.

I can't find a manual for the 2000 but a random selection of manuals that are available on line suggest that you enter the code and if it is correct it sends a turn off signal to the TV or whatever it is you are controlling. You then press OK and that is when the LED flashes 3 times.

So try entering some random but valid code then press OK as if the TV had actually turned off. See if that gets accepted.
  • Options
    Luis EssexLuis Essex Posts: 2,267
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    chrisjr wrote: »
    It's one way communication surely?
    Yes it is one way. It is possibe to set an HDR-2000T remote without the TV being in the same county. It just takes a bit longer to check that it is set to the coorect code.
    chrisjr wrote: »
    I can't find a manual for the 2000 but a random selection of manuals that are available on line suggest that you enter the code and if it is correct it sends a turn off signal to the TV or whatever it is you are controlling. You then press OK and that is when the LED flashes 3 times.
    So try entering some random but valid code then press OK as if the TV had actually turned off. See if that gets accepted.
    Although the remote is different IIRC the process is the same as the HDR-FOX T2, whose manual is available on line.
    1. Select the mode(PVR, TV) you want to set by pressing the corresponding button on the remote control. The button will blink once.
    2. Keep pressing the button for 3 seconds until the button lights on.
    3. Enter the 3-digit code. Every time a number is entered, the button will blink. When the third digit is entered, the button will blink twice.
    4. If a valid 3-digit code is entered, the product will power off.
    5. Press the OK button and the mode button will blink three times.
    I coupled my remote to operate the TV, but it's now getting so annoying that I wish I could switch each one on using their individual remotes. As far as I can tell, once you have set the TV code you can't remove it.
    It is possible to stop the remote sending signals to your TV. You can do this by pressing the PVR button on the Humax remote and never again pressing the TV button on the remote!
    I wish I could switch each one on using their individual remotes.
    The TV may be turning on due to the signal through an HDMI cable, Next time you could try turning the HDR-2000T on by using the on/off button on the front of the HDR-2000T instead of using the remote. If the TV still attempts to turn on then you will kow for sure that it is nothing to do with the remote