Doctor Who Series 2: New "Darker" Theme Tune

13»

Comments

• f_196f_196 Posts: 11,829
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    And the mixing between the computer blingy blangy noises and the part where the orchestra comes in is quite bad, no wonder the BBC are at pains to talk over it....

Mind you having said that I'd love to find a website with all the variations of the who theme I could hear/download, there's got to be one out there somewhere...
    Particularly the TV Movie theme, that was pretty unique...

If you scroll to the bottom of this site you'll find some clips of some of the past Dr Who themes.

http://www.drwhoguide.com/who.htm
  • Alex OughtonAlex Oughton Posts: 6,739
    Forum Member
    Nope, I was wrong. The episode where it could have happened has had its "Next Week" section completely cut on the DVD release. Probably because the conclusion is immediately following, so the teaser is fairly pointless.

Aha! It's now on the Volume 4 DVD.

Snippy snippy!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 22
    Forum Member
    *Sigh*

I know it's illegal anyway but someone really needs to sort out the Dr Who themes on the nasty Peer to Peer type programs......"7th Doctor Theme" clearly the raspy one used for Trial of a Timelord, the "9th Doctor Theme" coming complete with BBC1 talkover, nothing from Tennant's version yet......sigh...

There's got to be a nicer and better place to get every version of the theme....right? :confused:

You may like this site:
    http://www.tv-ark.org.uk/

Click on "Cult" in the left-hand menu and the the Doctor Who image.

The site has vids of almost all the opening credit versions right from the start up to The Christmas Invasion.
    Forum Member
    Well, I now have in my posession an absolute crystal clear and perfect copy of Tennant's theme, having snipped together parts from three (count 'em!) episodes. They're perfectly stitched though, so I can't hear the cuts.

Not a chance I'm putting them on peer to peer though, especially since we know the BBC intend to sell a CD with it on. My point is that if you really want this, and can't wait for the CD, you can cut it together yourself using the Series 2, Volume 4 DVD.
  • Mark.Mark. Posts: 84,921
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well, I now have in my posession an absolute crystal clear and perfect copy of Tennant's theme, having snipped together parts from three (count 'em!) episodes. They're perfectly stitched though, so I can't hear the cuts.
    Out of curiousity, how long does it last? I've put together a version that includes the full "Next Week" and proper theme music, but that was only from two episodes, so perhaps I've missed a part out...
  • codename_47codename_47 Posts: 9,683
    Forum Member
    42Diesel wrote:
    You may like this site:
    http://www.tv-ark.org.uk/

Click on "Cult" in the left-hand menu and the the Doctor Who image.

The site has vids of almost all the opening credit versions right from the start up to The Christmas Invasion.

Hey that is a pretty cool site, and the bloopers were pretty funny!
    "How long K-9"
    "Insufficient Data!"
    "Yeah well, you never know the F***ng answer when it's important" :D

Thanks for that....interesting legacy of Themes from the best (Davidsons) to the average (C.Baker-Trial of a Timelord) to the outright atrocious (Mcoy!)
    So...they just kept getting worse? :p
    (Until the TV movie anyway, say what you like about it but it's got quite a cool theme! )
    Forum Member
    Out of curiousity, how long does it last? I've put together a version that includes the full "Next Week" and proper theme music, but that was only from two episodes, so perhaps I've missed a part out...

From memory, it's about 1 minute and 28 seconds.

I used one clip from one episode for the opening howl (as it had no noise over it), another clip from one episode for everything up to just before the middle 8, and another episode for the middle 8 onwards.