T-Mobile dongle + PAYG SIM

StigStig Posts: 12,446
Forum Member
✭✭
I'm guessing the answer is 'no' but...

Can I get an old T-Mobile mobile broadband dongle, put a PAYG SIM in it, and use it to browse the Internet from a PC?

My current phone SIM allows me web browsing for £1/day, which is a better deal than buying a new dongle which is £2/day.

Is this a loophole, or can T-Mobile stop you doing it?

Comments

• prkingprking Posts: 9,791
    Forum Member
    Its certainly not allowed by the Terms and Conditions. But whether T-Mobile would discover you doing it, is another matter. I have only seen two posts on here where someone was "caught"and asked to move to a more suitable tariff.
    Having said that the £1 a day only buys you 40megabytes, so your browsing would be limited anyway.
  • StigStig Posts: 12,446
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    prking wrote: »
    Having said that the £1 a day only buys you 40megabytes, so your browsing would be limited anyway.
    Currently I'm using my 'thethered' mobile with a PC for occasional web browsing, and I've never hit a limit.
  • prkingprking Posts: 9,791
    Forum Member
    Stig wrote: »
    Currently I'm using my 'thethered' mobile with a PC for occasional web browsing, and I've never hit a limit.

I didn't say there was a limit. I said that the £1 web'n'walk buys you 40megabytes.
    Obviously, if you are regularly going above that figure it increases the possibility of you being "caught".
  • StigStig Posts: 12,446
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    prking wrote: »
    I didn't say there was a limit. I said that the £1 web'n'walk buys you 40megabytes.
    Obviously, if you are regularly going above that figure it increases the possibility of you being "caught".
    I wasn't trying to contradict what you were saying, sorry.

I just meant that I'm a light user, and the £1/day usage suits me. I just want to know if I can do the same thing with a dongle.